LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problem with TV-out, new drivers won't work

Jeroen

Hello,

I've got a Medion MD 41300 Notebook with a Geforce FX 5350 Go

The drivers i got on my CD from Medion are v47.13, but they never make any updates on their site etc, I emailed them already 10 or more times but they never helped me. I'v been searching for modded drivers and than i found this site, wich is realy great :) :)

I've downloaded some drivers, (first v67.20, than 70.90 and 71.20). Now I'm using 71.20 because on my old drivers I couldn't play a lot of games. Since now I can, but My TV-out doesn't work so good annymore. On my old drivers I used a composite cable to connect my pc to my tv with a little convertor to convert the SVHS signal from my tvout to a composite cable, this always worked fine until i updated my drivers, it won't work anymore with my new drivers. Ive tested it out on the 3 drivers i sead before.

I also tried to connect my TV with an SVHS cable (i have 4 cables in total) and only 1 of them worked fine while they all worked good on my old desktop. The one of 10 metres was black and withe, the one of 5 metres to and one of my littles (1.5 metres) were the colours very poor (almost black and white) and with the other it was good, but not so good as before...

The only solution i see now is everytime I wanna watch a movie is changing the drivers version.

Could annywone help me??

(Yes, i tried to change the settings etc. But if i choose for composite and i click on apply it automatically becomes back again on S-video...) (for the black and white, i also changed the settings (PAL, NTSC..) and the colour settings but it didn't help)

thx in advance

greets

jeroen

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeroen

• LSudlow

• ®®®

• Teraphy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do any of our drivers work? If so, what's the highest version that works (or the lowest version that fails). That might tell us something about the problem.

For what it's worth, every generation of driver introduces a change of architecture. We can usually get things working for everyone, but TV out continues to be a problem for some people. We'll give it a try, though!

If you have SVideo and Composite cables plugged in the Svideo will take precedence (overrides composite).

Remove the Svideo cable before trying, also have play around with the PAL/NTSC settings in the display properties.

Hope this helps.

The lowest driver I tested it on was the original 47.13 driver from Medion wich worked perfectly, and the lowest driver i tested that didn't work was v67.20 (and all later versions). But I haven't tested it on other drivers. I'm going to test it with other drivers after new year (because friday i'm going on vacantion..)

Yes I have removed the svideo cables before i plugged the composite cable (i even restarted with the cable connected, and with the cable not connected, but it never worked...) Changing the PAS/NTSC didn't work neither...

I just tested it with the v61.77 drivers but it didn't work neither. Hopely this can help a bit? So i think all versions older than 61.77 won't work (and some younger to??) I think the only solution is changing the drivers when I want to wach a movie,... on my tv...

No??

thx

Try the 67.50 drivers in my sig.

The only way the svideo should override the composite is if its plugged up to a TV and detects the svideo signal, on some TVs they do not output the right signal over the svideo cable, so your pc does not know it is plugged up with svideo.

If you plug everything up right and select composite or whatever it should work right........

I have not had black and white tv out problems with like any of the 66.xx or 67.xx or 7x.xx that I have tried.

Bill

It didn't work with these drivers neither :s

btw: thx for responsing so fast !!!! On other forums i waited at least 2 weaks with no response...

Jeroen, go to Pieter's page at http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/ and download driver 56.03 and the "NoTweaks" inf that goes with it. Add the untweaked inf to the driver in a spare folder somewhere, but don't install yet.

Before you install it, uninstall your current driver under "Add/Remove Programs" in the Control Panel. This will get any junk from old drivers out of your system.

When you reboot, don't allow Windows to install the driver automatically. Force it to install from the folder containing 67.03 and the untweaked inf.

This will create a "pure" installation and will tell us if the problem is somewhere in our inf or not.

I did what you said, but that driver even didn't work...

First i uninstalled the old driver, and then i installed the 67.03 driver with the no tweaks inf (i installed it manually, like always: not the setup.exe but like you say i need to do it) But when it was installing i got an error message (i don't know exaclty what it was (the title was RUNDLL, the description was something like couldn't load ...)) I could only click OK so i did that and then the driver seemed to work proberly: every time I boot I get that error, end everytime i wanted to go to the control pannel it wasn't available...

I installed this driver 3 times and always got the same error etc. So I reinstalled my driver that was working good (71.20).

I think this is a problem with my computer (videocart). I have found one solution, that is always changing the driver... i know that is not the best solution, but i will try all new drivers that come out and hopely there is one that works!!

... unless you guys have another solution for me??

thanks for everything!!

jeroen

Do you think your OS could be screwed up if it can't even install the driver right?

Have you tried some driver cleaning programs after you uninstall the old driver?

I have had problems were I got error messages with certain drivers before, but not like that though.

Right now I am talking to a guy that is having problems installing a driver as well, he is on a desktop PC.

I am going to see about getting him to post on these forums about it.... (if what I told him does not fix it)

Chances are there is a special chip or hardware configuration that needs to be accounted for in the inf for that machine. If you could post the inf from the driver that works, we can take a look at it.

Like Lsudlow said, the TV-encoder is chip must be an odd ball one.

And needs specific driver support.

Sometimes cheaper encoders are used that arn't supported with all drivers.

Actually, if you get the Windows startup screen on the TV in color then things are good. The BIOS handles TV Out at that point before the drivers kick in.

Nope, I don't get the windows startup screen on my tv..

I don't know if it is a problem with my OS, because i formatted my pc 1 or 2 weeks ago en before the formatting it didn't work neither. I hoped the problem would be solved with formatting (I had a few other problems that are solven, not with the video card) but only that isn't solvend:s

I have the setup files on my pc and on cd, but there wasn't any inf in the setup files :s very strange!!

here is the location where you can download the drivers, maby this helps:

Drivers 47.13

(they are possibly in dutch, i don't know for sure)

Oh, i was watching and I found an inf file in it

I don't know for sure if it is the right one:

I have attached it

PS: I think it is a cheap chip because i bought my laptop in ALDI (a cheap german market) and I never heard somebody else who has e Geforce FX Go5350, i've read somewhere that it is an overclocked 5200 but i don't know for sure)

Jeroen

NVWI.INF

I had your INF already posted 2 weeks ago :)

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....indpost&p=10801

...but forgot about it.

What is your VideoBIOS version?

You can check that in the NV Control Panel or run the batch file i posted here:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=756

This is what you need i think..

SystemBiosDate:

07/05/04

SystemBiosVersion:

PTLTD - 6040000

Phoenix NoteBIOS 4.0 Release 6.0

Ver 1.00PARTTBL

VideoBiosDate = 04/14/04

VideoBiosVersion:

Version 4.34.20.63.17

Version 4.34.20.63.17

Version 4.34.20.63.17

Version 4.34.20.63.17

This is what is standing there

lol, srry hadn't see that post

Edited by ®®®

Thanks!

You're now the guy with the most up2date VBIOS in the 53x0 category so far :)

Okay... I think we have it. In the [nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings] section of one of Pieter's infs, paste the following five lines:

HKR,, DisableTVOutBIOS, %REG_DWORD%, 1

HKR,, "TV Out", %REG_DWORD%, 2

HKR,, DevicesConnected, %REG_DWORD%, 1

HKR,, ModesetBlankDelay, %REG_DWORD%, 150

HKR,, D3D_22355415, %REG_DWORD%, 0x75006102

All of these are nonstandard values specific to your machine. Again, I would do a clean install after uninstalling your current driver.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Awesome!!! :) it works now!!! :P :(:)

Thank you all guys!!!

I've been having this problem for a few months and nobody on other forums has been helping me so fast and so GOOD!!!

Thanks for helping me!!!

Oh, I have only 1 question left: everytime I do an update of the driver (with a modded inf) I should paste that lines in the inf?

greetz

jeroen

btw: I didn't know I had the most up to date video BIOS of the 53x0 series. If you need this I will take a backup or something (I have seen it a few days ago on this forum something about backups)

I'm glad it's working! Yes, save those five lines in a text file somewhere and paste them into that same section of any new inf you try.

I'll let ®®® answer your question about the BIOS.

Nice job, Larry, & Jeroen for all of the testing :)

I wonder which of those lines truly affected it. I would guess top 2 lines.

That's my guess, too. But since all those lines are unusual, they may be needed for other functions that hadn't appeared yet.

Teraphy, you could add this to the "enhancer" page, when the value is determined, which is responisble....

Jeroen, i will come back to you if we figured out how the backup is done best.

Thanks for the cooperation :)

Guest Korpowski

Hello

Well, I have a similar problem, but the five lines don't work for me.

When I'm using the s-video connector with the front-in of my tv, everything is ok. but when I'm using a scart-adapter the picture is only black and white. the same with the composite connector.

Only a 42.xx driver works for my. all other 50th, 60th and 70th don't work...

Thanks

Robert