LaptopVideo2Go Forums

nVidia authorizes Intel for Centrino + SLi

mobilenvidia

The sale of ATI not even finalised yet and already it's having an effect.

This can only be good for us lappy owners to be :)

During the time of interview to Vincent, he admitted that nVidia has authorized Intel mobile chipset for SLi support. The first support is given to i945GM/PM Express under Centrino or Napa Refresh platform. Centrino SLi Notebook is no longer impossible! Although i945GM/PM haven?t got dual PCI-E x8/x16 interface, it?s possible to make SLi form PCI-E x16 + x4 interface by the build-in PCI-E lanes of its south bridge. The i945GM/PM SLi function indeed is available in the official release of Forceware 91.31, although the product is no ready yet. For more information about whether i975X will be authorized to give SLi support, Vincent said the company is looking for more chance to cooperate, but nothing is confirmed yet.

The acquisition of ATi and AMD give anyone no more surprise than nVidia and Intel. It gives the chance to them to team up with. As ATi said, ?PC Market is a tough place to be without any friends?.

This news came from here