LaptopVideo2Go Forums

question about sony's Built-in 'Motion Eye' Digital Camera

scoss

hi i was wondering if i could use this cam on say msn messenger? or will i have to buy a separate web cam. im asking this as on the sony site its only mentions using this through skype and nothing else.

cheers

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeroen

• scoss

• Chris Kaday

• aksdd

Yes you can use it as a webcam in MSN,...

I think you can use it in every program... I have a Sony VAIO with the Eye Motion cam, and it works perfectly!

As I can see, you have the same one as I :)

PS: the motion eye cam is just an integrated webcam, who is connected via an internal usb port...

• 11 months later...

U say you can use it.... what more can I say then use it then :)

dunno about Vista, just removed it from my laptop after using it for a week! Back to the good oll' XP :)

Guest Dave McCollum

Hi I have the Motion Eye Camera for the Sony FZ-140 and I can't get it to work with AIM.

Your camera is already being used by another application. Please exit all applications that are currently using the camera and try again. (that's what keeps showing up everytime I use it.)

Like for some reason it says that another application is running it and I can't seem to find which one that is in the Task Manager. Could someone please help me figure this out?

Oh I also have alot of useless tasks that take up some of my RAM and they aren't even doing anything. If someone could help me figure that out too I would really appreciate it.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Sneewittchen

I have Windows Vista Home Premium and I can't seem to get the motion eye to work.

I have a vgn-cr120E. It gives me "Your camera is already being used by another application. Please exit all applications that are currently using the camera and try again." even though I open it from the Vaio Camera Capture Utility and MSN won't detect it when I try to set it up.

Any suggestions?

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Ive got a Sony Vaio VGN-FE45G (Home Premium Vista) and I'm having similar problems with my Built In Motion Eye camera.. everytime my laptop does an automatic updates my Camera will just won't work at all. I rang up Sony Customer Care and they just basically guided me on steps to get it working again by unstalling the and reinstalling the driver...

Got another question though.. is it tru that the Motion Eye Camera are suppose to follow and activates itself with movement detected around it??? Motion Eye Cameras ain't just an ordinary camera.. i think theres much more to it.. but i wonder whaT it is..

thanks guys

Maria

xox

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem. Messanger says camera is in use but cannot find out where or how to change it. Thsi happens intermittantly too - worked fine last night. Does anyone in here actually reply to problems or is it like most forums a list of peoples questions?

Hi I have the Motion Eye Camera for the Sony FZ-140 and I can't get it to work with AIM.

Your camera is already being used by another application. Please exit all applications that are currently using the camera and try again. (that's what keeps showing up everytime I use it.)

Like for some reason it says that another application is running it and I can't seem to find which one that is in the Task Manager. Could someone please help me figure this out?

Oh I also have alot of useless tasks that take up some of my RAM and they aren't even doing anything. If someone could help me figure that out too I would really appreciate it.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest carlos3393
I have a Sony AR41S, I can use montion eye while I use MSN messenger, Could you give me any tips to use it? My laptop OS V ISTA HOME PREMIUM

how can i use my

• 1 month later...

Hi I have the Motion Eye Camera for the Sony FZ-fe41z and I can't get it to work,

im useing window vista ultimate

evry time i try to uesd and the keep sayiny [ no input

do you have any solution for this?

who can i use thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Guest

hi i'm having problems with the built in camera on the VGN CR11S, it was working a while ago but now when i press the button nothing happens, is there another way to open it to check if the problem is with the camera or the button

any ideas???

• 2 months later...
Hi I have the Motion Eye Camera for the Sony FZ-fe41z and I can't get it to work,

im useing window vista ultimate

evry time i try to uesd and the keep sayiny [ no input

do you have any solution for this?

who can i use thanks

im facing the same problem

im using VGN-CR35G on vista premium

how do i get the camera to work?

what is the driver for the camera?

please help~

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Have any of you tried to do a little "google work" for your problem, or perhaps even visited the sony support site for your laptops? There must be some help out there if so many of you have common problems! Our forum is dedicated to problems we seem to encounter with our Nvidia hardware, so any responses you receive here are pretty much luck. My tip would be to look into the list of your hardware components to see if the camera is in fact being supported correctly [as far as the operating system seems to think] by a driver, and if thats ok, start killing 'services' which might be blocking or stealing the camera. The next step would to be more or less the same at the process level using the task monitor. Something has to have its greedy fingers wrapped around your camera, and don't forget, its really just an USB device. My gut feeling would be that most of you simply don't have the drivers installed (at all) correctly. Lots o luck.

• 1 month later...
hi i was wondering if i could use this cam on say msn messenger? or will i have to buy a separate web cam. im asking this as on the sony site its only mentions using this through skype and nothing else.

cheers

how do u use the fricken cam?

According to Sony Customer Care, built in webcam only works with bundled operating system. For ex. my vaio cr11gh bundled/original OS is vista home basic, so if I downgrade into XP or upgrade into Vista Ultimate, the webcam won't work. I just curious maybe someone know the tricks to enable it because I heard some linux user manage to enable the webcam ? Cheers

Guest sony stuff

Please, could someone tell me in one simple sentence: How in the hell do I use my sony vaio motion eye built in device? There is no software application called motion eye, web cam, or anything like that. If this question is confusing, please consider this analogy.

If I want to watch a blue ray movie on my $4000 sony laptop, I pop it in, and watch the movie using the dvd software ... it's very simple.

Now, if I want to use my moition eye, I most likely need software, right? or maybe there would be a button somewhere on the keyboard that says "motion eye" ... to start your motion eye, press this button.

Please, someone give me a succinct and clear response. No instructions were provided in the user manual, and sony tech support takes up to 30 min. only to get someone who has no idea and transfers your call. then, you're "accidentally" disconnected.

• 4 weeks later...
Please, could someone tell me in one simple sentence: How in the hell do I use my sony vaio motion eye built in device? There is no software application called motion eye, web cam, or anything like that. If this question is confusing, please consider this analogy.

If I want to watch a blue ray movie on my $4000 sony laptop, I pop it in, and watch the movie using the dvd software ... it's very simple.

Now, if I want to use my moition eye, I most likely need software, right? or maybe there would be a button somewhere on the keyboard that says "motion eye" ... to start your motion eye, press this button.

Please, someone give me a succinct and clear response. No instructions were provided in the user manual, and sony tech support takes up to 30 min. only to get someone who has no idea and transfers your call. then, you're "accidentally" disconnected.

called webcam companion

• 5 months later...
Guest cup of joe

On a Vista machine, click the start button on the lower left

Look for the "Computer" from the right hand side of the menu, right click and choose Properties

This takes you to Control Panel/System and Maintenance/System window. On the left hand side you should see the Tasks list. Choose Device Manager. Look for "Imaging devices" folder under Device Manager window. Expand the folder and you should see "Sony Visual Communication Camera VGP-VCC4". Right click and choose Properties. Click the Driver tab and click the Update Driver button. This should fix your motion eye issue.

Guest melissa

On a Vista machine, click the start button on the lower left

Look for the "Computer" from the right hand side of the menu, right click and choose Properties

This takes you to Control Panel/System and Maintenance/System window. On the left hand side you should see the Tasks list. Choose Device Manager. Look for "Imaging devices" folder under Device Manager window. Expand the folder and you should see "Sony Visual Communication Camera VGP-VCC4". Right click and choose Properties. Click the Driver tab and click the Update Driver button. This should fix your motion eye issue.

i did this but when i expand the folder i dont see sony visual communication camera vgp-vcc4 it only shows xerox scanner ....plz help