LaptopVideo2Go Forums

[GENERIC QUESTION] Can i upgrade my graphics card?

adam6165

hi i have a geforce go 6100 card. Im having a few issues with it running certain games and want to upgrade. Quesion is can i or not. I have a packard bell easynote sw51-201 with 1gb ram. My prcessor is an AMD sempron 1.8ghz. I have recently been attempting to use these inf thingys but cant seem to fathom it.

Thanks, Adam.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smax

• Ice-Tea

• zipper

• adam6165

Go6100's are built in to the motherboard, so no. The 6100 is meant as a budget card and can't really play any game well. At this point, I don't think updaing the drivers would do you much good anyway.

• 4 months later...

i have a geforce go 7600 and i want to put a better one in there. can i do it?

You're going to have to give us some more detailed information. What kind of computer do you have?

Not with Compals, AFAIK.

I was wondering if anyone was familiar with the hp dv9000 line, specifically the 9225us. I bought one in a hurry a month ago but am now afraid i should have spent a little more money and waited. It uses the Turion t60 , 2gb ram and the geforce go 7600, not the go 7600 GT unfortunately. I've got lots of experience building desktops but none in laptops, so i wonder, can i upgrade the video. or is it integrated? I thought it might be a card because the vram is 256mb dedicated, but there is no way to tell from HPs website. Overall it is a pretty good (for the price, $1350 US) modeling and gaming computer able to play Call/Duty2, but what if i want to throw one of the new geforce go 8600s in? possible? or even 7950gtx?

by the way i use targus coolpad dual fan cooler under my laptop and the vcore reaches 65c max after prolonged rendering or gaming. Cooler works pretty well id say for $25

Thanks for your time and any answers

Can't upgrade this one either :)

• 4 months later...

Toshiba has used the MXM connector in some cases, so a MXM card may fit. But compatibility was never checked. If you want to know about your notebook, open her up and take a picture. But keep in mind this may void your warranty.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a veteran Toshiba Satellite 5000-204 laptop: PIII-1.1Ghz, 512 RAM, Geforce2go 32MB.

I've seen this model was also available with Geforce4 440 go.

Is it possible to upgrade it to a better card (FX series?) or Geforce4 440 go is a maximum? :)

Hi Ill jump on this topic save me starting a new one.

I have a Toshiba Satellite P100 with a 7900 Go GTX was wondering if it can be upgraded? was told by the place I bought it from that they upgraded it from a 7600 so thinking I can but could of been saleman BS spinning hehe.

Bummer Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Sony PCG-GRT916V with an NVIDIA Geforce Go 5600. The graphics card is removable, but is there an upgrade replacement for the VIF-28 graphics card

Specification: http://www.laptopking.com/kingpartdetails....category=boards

Picture: http://www.laptopking.com/boards/959113.jpg

The FX series was the last one based on the AGP bus. There isn't really anything better than what you have, unless you can find a compatible go5700 or a Quadro FX 1000. Either way, it probably wouldn't be worth the upgrade.

That's a pity - is there no circuit board adapter that would allow an AGP bus to be translated into MXM bus signals? If it is possible to convert USB into ATA-150 signals for hard disk drives, then this would be possible?

I have an old Toshiba Satellite 5200-902 with a GeForce FX Go5600 card. I have updated the RAM but is the graphics card updateable? I want to give the notebook to my mother.

No MXM started with the Go 6 series. And the Toshiba 5xxx series also has a soldered GPU anyways.

Is this the new "all-in-one-can-i-upgrade-my-graphic-card-topic"?

i guess your question has already been answered in the MXM forum... and in order for us to properly answer we need more information about your laptop.

enhanced the title and pinned it :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have Toshiba Qosmio G40 with the 8600M GT 512MB GDDR2, is it upgradeable

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys.

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FZ18M with a 8400m gt! And I was wondering aswell, if I could uprade the card!?

Thx