LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Fable

Berzerker

Hello!

I have trouble playing Fable: The Lost Chapters on my computer. I have vista home premium and geforce go7600 with 512 mb, core 2 duo 1,83 GHZ and 2gb ram. My drivers are updated.

In game, the sound works perfectly, and so does the gameplay. My problem is that nothing shows, i just get a black screen. I can hit and so on, but i cant see what i do. I'm wondering if i can fix this. Ive heard vista has problems with fable, but maybe you guys know of a fix.

Thanks!

Nice to see alot of response ~_~

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hank The Wank
Hello!

I have trouble playing Fable: The Lost Chapters on my computer. I have vista home premium and geforce go7600 with 512 mb, core 2 duo 1,83 GHZ and 2gb ram. My drivers are updated.

In game, the sound works perfectly, and so does the gameplay. My problem is that nothing shows, i just get a black screen. I can hit and so on, but i cant see what i do. I'm wondering if i can fix this. Ive heard vista has problems with fable, but maybe you guys know of a fix.

Thanks!

Have the same problem myself. There is a march 07 update called "windows vista app. update" or something.

Its supposed to fix alotof bugs & issues on apps & games for vista, Fable included. didnt work for me tough, but go

ahed & try, it might work. cant remember where i got it, so try google it or something. lykke til :)

I have the update, and is this a compatibilty problem or a graphics card driver problem?

Guest Guest

Turn all your graphics down in-game before loading your save. This is the only solution I have found with Vista. Problem is, it goes black again when maze finds you.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Fable player

i got the same problem. the game runs sweet until ur with maze. ive tried everything from running it in xp Sp2 compatability, running it as admin and even updating all my drivers...its really annoying!!! ive wanted to play this game for ages.

if anyone has a solution plz post it. i know my specs meet the minimum requirements and then some.

Guest Fable player
I've got it working fully, no problems! I just updated my Video Card Drivers and updated my vista.

is there any chance u could give me the links to the sites where u got ur vista update from?? thx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sillymansam

i run window vista ultimate , nvidia geforce 6200se turbocache (with latest driver updates), and i also get the black screen problem for the moment i start a new game and it goes into gameplay. extremely annoying , i have tried turning all graphic details to the minimum in game and no help, can any1 plz help mee ...

• 2 months later...
Guest Dreyesbo

Sorry to bump an old topic, but I have the same problem. Tried from running it as an administrator, all the effects lowered down, at 256 colors, safe mode... nothing worked. Does someone knows the answer for this? I've got a GeForce GO 6150, on a HP Pavilion dv6000. Could I need perhaps the latest driver for this?

• 4 months later...
Guest Guest[Strido]

I have the same problem, Ive been trying to get this game to work for about a year now.

Just installed an update and hopefully it will work now.

Can anyone provide details as they have gotten past the black screen?

• 2 years later...