LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v163.44 VISTA 32bit | NVIDIA, BiOSHOCK

®®®

Quality of v163.44 Vista 32bit  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Do you recommend this driver?

• No
    • Yes

I think I'll wait until the finished drivers are released, I guess they'll be better than the beta ones.. Anyone got any idea on when they'll be released? =P

Edited by ScaryMovies

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ®®®

• ScaryMovies

• Buddybot111

• TOX

Just installed them. Going up from 158.45 which was a good driver to these ones. I didn't see too much increase in performance. Benchmarking them on 3dmark06 (my system, Dell inspiron 9400, intel 2 core duo running at 2GH, 2MB of Ram and geforce 7900gs) The results were as follows. 158.45 = 3488 marks. 163.44 = 3477 marks. I ran Lord of The Rings Shadows of Angmar and also Bioshock demo as well. No problems whatsoever. These drivers are definate keepers....

1) DL the originall files from Nvidia's site

- Or am I supposed to go here and click the "Driver" button? http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=14562

2) Then I click the DL Modded INF file button and DL the modded INF

3) Open the self extractor and press extract the driver, then place the modded inf file inside the extracted driver folder.

4) Go to: device manager -> display adapters -> NVIDIA GeForce 8600m GT -> Update Driver -> Browse my computer for driver software -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

ScaryMovie it doesn't matter where you download, the files inside the archive are exactly the same binary compared. Our drivers are differently packed, that's why we always host driver with smaller filesize

And by default you don't need todelete anything, just overwrite the original with the modded INF. Still i suggest to get rid of any other INF file that may reside inside.

These drivers are causing windows to crash everytime it boots up.. the screen just gets some funky color lines across it and then it shuts down.

The only way to reboot is in safemode for me right now. but these drivers crashed when i installed them and now i can't boot up with them

Running:

AMD Turion 64

Vista 32

Geforce 6150 Go

2gig of ram

Guest Araghius

Hi there,

When i first installed these drivers I noticed the same screen corruptions written before, while WoW / Bioshock / CC3 ran just fine without any problems, each time the corruptions started i was busy in windows for a minute or two, while the games were acting just fine.

I deleted the drivers the proper way ( software - Uninstall Nvidia Drivers - search for Nvidia leftovers / delete those - restart in safe, mode reinstall the drivers - boot the normal way ) and the corruptions in Windows were gone :)

Im running a Dell XPS M1710

Geforce GO 7950 GTX 512mb

Windows Vista 32bit

And for performance: These drivers are great, several FPS up in WoW / Bioshock etc, so I'd recommand these drivers to anyone.

I hope i helped some of the people with the same screen corruptions I had,

Araghius

that doesn't help.. still crashes upon install.. i also tried installing in safe mode, worked and installed just fine, upon reboot however, windows crashed again doing the neon color lines of death screen and then shutdown

Now I've dl'd the drivers and replaced the .INF file...but I am a bit reluctant to try and install the new drivers cos of the comments above. If the driver mess up my pc I have no idea how to uninstall them. I'm unable to uninstall my current Nvidia Control panel or display drivers or wtf they're called. .. So if the new driver fucks up my system can I start it in safe mode, go to device manager -> display adapters -> NVIDIA GeForce 8600m GT and select roll back to switch back to the old drivers? Or won't that work.

I'm sorry for all the questions guys =/

Guest Daniel

ok, so i have Bioshock and it does this thing that i can start it and begin a game, it does the intro with the guy with the cig, then shows the bioshock logo, then totally crashes.

I was told by a friend to go to the nvidia site and grab the new driver for it to fix the problem. But for some reason it wouldnt work for my laptop. The error message said that it couldnt find any drivers that were compatible. Then i was told to come to this site and get it and still the same thing

Im on Visto 32bit and have a

MObility 512MB NVidia 8600GT PCI-Express Card

Can someone help me out and give me directions so i can actually play my game!!!

you need the modded INF :)

Hey All,

Really appreciate the site, it's been a learning experience realizing that new Nvidia drivers won't work on laptop cards. I've got a GeForce Go 6100 and Windows Vista 32-bit and I've been trying to install these drivers following the "Have disk method" posted on the site. So far every time I've installed these drivers, when I restart my computer it can't get windows booted up before the computer shuts off and restarts automatically. I have to boot to safe mode and uninstall the drivers altogether, and then restart and have the factory drivers install in order to get back to normal.

I'm pretty sure I'm using the modded inf correctly copying it into the extracted folder before installing as per the instructions - am I missing something here? I've only seen one solitary post on another site referring to this issue and describing it as the comp overheating and restarting.

Basically when i intall these drivers I can't start up vista. Any tips would be appreciated and I'll keep trying!

Thanks,

John G

Guest Modain

After trying in vain to get Bioshock working, I stumbled upon this site. Let me say this: Thank you so much.

Now I'm able to run Bioshock in dx10 mode (whereas before it would only work in dx9, and even then it was unstable) and I got a HUGE performance boost. Wheras before I was running it at 1280*1024 on low settings, I can now run it at the same FPS rate as I did before, but on medium, with all the bells and whistles turned on.

I just got a gaming laptop, so all this stuff is new to me, but you made it very easy. Thanks for everything and keep up the great work.

These drivers are working great on my Inspiron 1520 with a 8600GT. The only problem I have is that I use the NVIDIA Control Panel to manually adjust my Desktop Color Settings. However, with this driver installed those settings are not automatically applied when Vista starts - I need to enter the Control Panel and Apply the settings every time. This was working fine with the official drivers Dell had installed when I received the laptop. Anyone experiencing this or have any ideas how to fix it?

this driver works as far as i can tell in every way but one. HD DVDs. I use my latopto play HD movies on my plasma TV. It very nice! Now if i use the acer driver i cant play bioshock and i can watch HD DVDs. If i use this driver i can play Bioshock but not HD DVDs. I get a message that tells me that the content is protected (HDCP support gone).

Any ideas? I mean i can reinstall an old driver when i want to watch a movie, but thats annoying.

Thought i would pass on my 2 cents.

I'm running a Dell m1710, i loved how these drivers work with BIOSHOCK. I played for like 5 hours straight with no problems at all.

The issue i've got with the 163.44 drivers is when i'm not playing games. I'll get what looks like a shift in the video or a corruption for lack of a better word - so I can't read anything clearly on the screen.

I really want to use these drivers but due to the problems i'm having i'm on the hunt for something stable enough to run BIOSHOCK.

Any suggestions for an alternate driver that doesn't make BIOSHOCK crash that would be great :)

tox out

Edited by TOX

Guest lavhoes
Thought i would pass on my 2 cents.

I'm running a Dell m1710, i loved how these drivers work with BIOSHOCK. I played for like 5 hours straight with no problems at all.

The issue i've got with the 163.44 drivers is when i'm not playing games. I'll get what looks like a shift in the video or a corruption for lack of a better word - so I can't read anything clearly on the screen.

I really want to use these drivers but due to the problems i'm having i'm on the hunt for something stable enough to run BIOSHOCK.

Any suggestions for an alternate driver that doesn't make BIOSHOCK crash that would be great :)

tox out

Same with me on my Dell M90. I'm assuming when you get the shift in the video you're on battery, with Aero enabled? That's what happens to me. If I plug it in, it's fine, no corruption. If I unplug it and have Aero off, again, no corruption. But if it's on battery with Aero enabled, there will be vertical bars where the desktop has shifted over in some places on top of itself, making it impossible to see. If I press win-tab to get flip3d working, it'll go away, but after a few seconds it'll corrupt again.

I've reinstalled several times, always making triple-sure to have the older drivers completely uninstalled first.

What's happening is that when the driver downclocks the graphics card due to being on battery, it can't handle Aero and freaks out. I've tested it using the monitor that comes with nzon and when it's corrupted it's at 100/100, and it ONLY happens when it's at 100/100. If you do anything 3d-related at all like use the 3d windows switch or open up the Adjust 3d Settings in the control panel, it'll clock itself back up a bit and show the display as it was meant to be.

There is obviously a bug in this set of drivers that's causing some video cards to misuse Powermizer when it comes to some Vista-related effects when it's downclocked and on battery, making the whole display freak out. If they could that one thing fixed it'd be perfect.

I'm using the 158.45 drivers with the modified INF from this site and I can still run Bioshock pretty well while having no corruption issues, so if you want some drivers to use in the meantime for your m1710 card, go with those.

Yup i've discovered it's AERO that is the main problem i shut it off and all is well in 'puterland... i never run on battery only so i can't say for sure about that. All I know is BIOSHOCK rocks with these drivers and now i'm not getting the jagged corruptions so everything is fine..for now :) please no blue screens hehe

i just installed this driver too and for me its working much better than other driveres i have tried i have a acer 5920g with a 8600m gt and very happy with this driver so far