• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ®®®

• ScaryMovies

• Buddybot111

• TOX

Guest Bootcamper
Ok I'm having a problem. Also let me note that im running Vista (32-Bit) on Boot Camp and I have a 8600M GT. I've downloaded the Vista 32-bit file and the modified .INF, replaced it in the folder and tried to run the setup but I get an error saying "Setup detected that the operating system in use is not Windows Vista [32-bit]." Does anyone know what to do?

It's trying to run it in compatibility mode. Right click the setup file make sure that run this program in compatibility mode isn't checked, then click show settings for all users and check again.7

I Have the same problem

ive got aspire 5920

could sameone help me???

thanks

my config

aspire 5920

nvidia geforce 8600 gt

windows vista 32 bit home premium

For those getting strange "File not found" type errors from Windows, you have to use the pre-packaged drivers from this site and extract them, not the extracted files from NVIDIA's site... I'm not really sure what the distinction is, but at a quick glance if u compare the files in either extracted folder you can see there's a lot more in this one.

Plus, it actually worked for me, it's just installed and I'm about to dive into Bioshock.

Regards,

Paul B

I installed the v163.44 drivers and noticed great improvement (previously I had the factory drivers that came with the G1S), specially in FIFA 07 and Far Cry. I played the Bioshock demo a little bit before installing the drivers and it was running fine. But after the installation I've not been able to play... the game won't start.

Has anyone had a similar problem? (By the way, I downloaded the game via Steam... but I guess that doesn't have anything to do with it, or does it?)

Guest thecolororange

My Windows experience score went down (4.4->4.2 in gaming graphics) after installing these. I was using 97.? previously. Oblivion seems a little faster, but I can't get the Bioshock demo to run (crashes on start, got it from Steam), so I can't say what kind of improvement there is in it. The control panel works for me.

The setup program (with modded inf) worked for me. I originally tried the "Have Disk" method, but it refused to work (Windows would just tell me I already had the best drivers for my device or something like that). I have a 7600, by the way.

I definitely recommend these drivers.

I am on a:

Inspiron 1520

Intel C2D T7300

2GB Ram

NVIDIA GeForce 256MB 8600M GT DDR2

No crashing, nvidia control panel, increased performance

I am having problems installing this driver. I have a ASUS F3SV-X1 with a 8600M GS 256mb graphics card. Running the drivers with the modified inf through the nvidia driver setup.exe will not allow me to install the drivers. Also running it through the device manager/browse disk method doesn't work either. Does this inf file not support the 8600m gs?

For those getting strange "File not found" type errors from Windows, you have to use the pre-packaged drivers from this site and extract them, not the extracted files from NVIDIA's site... I'm not really sure what the distinction is, but at a quick glance if u compare the files in either extracted folder you can see there's a lot more in this one.

Plus, it actually worked for me, it's just installed and I'm about to dive into Bioshock.

Regards,

Paul B

That's a good point... and it explains the errors some have. The drivers which were released by NVIDIA/NZONE yesterday and which were spread on the news and driver sites all probably have the English only driver, while we took effort to provide you with the MultiLanguage driver which were released only today. As ieter's INF is based on the original INF that came with this driver it will install MultiLanguage files :) If you got the English driver only and use Pieter's INF it just will not work. Always use the INF provided with the driver we host since when not we cannot guarantee anything.

The Powermizer DOES NOT work for me.

Vista Ultimate (all updates)

Geforce Go 6600 128 MB

What should I do to enable it?

installation went find, but no real performance upgrade from my past driver, though I havent gotten any display corruption and Bioshock runs great with it, I also have the control panel

Inspiron e1705

GeForce Go 7900 GS

Installed fine on my Sager NP5790 w/ Go 7950 GTX.

Didn't really affect my framerate in the demo, but it did stop the random crashing to desktop and stuttering that I was experiencing with the stock Sager drivers. Hasn't affected any other games (so far) either - it just fixed the bugs for Bioshock.

I recommend them.

Hey guys,

Trying to run this installer on a 8400M GT, but I'm getting an error message when I try to install it...I saw that this driver wasn't listed under the "supported products" on any website I try to download it from.

As a COMPLETE novice on computer specs and installation, am I best to wait for a modded version of this driver, or are there other ways to run bioshock on this card?

Any help would be VERY appeciated, although keep in mind my computer knowledge as a general whole is limited at best.

Thanks!

The Powermizer DOES NOT work for me.

Vista Ultimate (all updates)

Geforce Go 6600 128 MB

What should I do to enable it?

This is what the Help file says:

NOTE: For Windows Vista - The Mobile page is not available under Windows Vista.

Guess M$ has made it hard again for 3rd party developers to enable features properly under Vista.

Yes, but I read on the main page of www.laptopvideo2go.com that the latest drivers have the modded inf that enables tweaks that make the Powermizer work, even though the Powermizer page is not visible anywhere. Maybe I missunderstood, but the author said that Powermizer works for his card.

i am checking the clocks with Everest, and they are the same always (300, 600) on my Mobile GF 6600. Should I install Nvidia nTune so it will lower the clocks by itself, after installing the modded driver?

Guest Comincorrect311

Tried to install the BETA driver from this site and I got the blue screen of death when I tried to run bioshock after restart. I am running a 8400M GT from my VAIO. All of the other specs exceed minimum requirements. Any suggestions? I realize that this card isn't under the "supported products" part, but I figured it was worth a shot...thanks for any help you guys have.

Guest Duddles

Hallo,

I've got an Acer 5920 with a nvidia 8600m gt.

After installing the driver with the modded inf, the bioschock demo runs great and i was verry happy that i can test it.

But the problem is, that all other games like battlefield 2 have two black edges at the rigt and legt side of my screen.

After reinstalling the old driver the edges disappears but now i can't play the bioshock demo anymore.

is there anyone who has the same problem or can give me a soloution?

Thanks for your help :)

(sorry if there are any spelling mistakes or somethin like that i'm from germany)

Inspiron 1520

T7500 CPU 2.2GHz

2GB RAM DDR2 667MHz

nVidia 8600M GT 256MB Dedicated vid.

Windows Vista Prem. 32 Bit

This driver seems to work fine, however I noticed that it works with World of Warcraft, but after playing Overlord for a few minutes, glitches in the graphics arise in some areas. They are brief and random, and sometimes you can exit one area and return and they are gone. Have not yet checked performance with 3DMARK. Thanks for the updated driver! Will be trying Bioshock tonight.