LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Latest Atheros WLAN drivers for Windows 7 and Vista (x86 & x64)

mobilenvidia

Came across 2 newer driver sets while looking for fixes for my acer aspire one wifi problems that I figured you guys might be interested in.

2K/XP/XP64/2003 - 2008/09/18 7.6.1.149

Vista x86/x64, 2008 Server - 2008/09/18 7.6.1.122

http://www.badongo.com/file/11561968

http://rapidshare.com/files/154626880/Athe....1.149.zip.html

9x/XP/XP64/2003 - 08/29/2008, 7.6.1.140

Vista x86/x64, 2008 Server - 08/29/2008, 7.6.1.111

http://panders.nwhhc.org/WLAN_Atheros_v7.6.1.140.zip

Vista drivers are in the ndis6x folder with netathr.inf being the 32 bit and netathx.inf for 64 bit, XP 32 bit in ndis5x and 64 bit in the ndis5x64 folder. 7.6.1.140 series is supposedly more stable but I'm having problems with both because of pci-e power problems on my aspire one which I can hopefully fix adding the power save device manager settings to this card in vista.

Edited by sarvatt

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• Jake_

• Pawel

• Anarion

Cheers dude for those.

From the above I added:

v7.6.1.111 and v7.6.1.122 for both x86 and x64 Vista.

Another pack I came across, vista drivers unchanged but updated XP ones

XP/XP 64-bit: 7.6.1.160 (2008/10/07)

Vista x86/x64: 7.6.1.122 (2008/09/18)

http://www.badongo.com/file/11852092

http://rapidshare.com/files/158170640/Athe....1.160.zip.html

Good on yah Mate, added v7.6.1.160 to WinXP :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Leon John

Hello,

i have network card called " D-link DWL-G520+ Rev. A"

its software and driver are for windows 32 bit only , so i installed windows XP 64 bit , i installed all drivers from Atheron and others are not worked with my card!

is there are driver for this card to work under xp 64 bit ?

sorry for my bad english

thanks!

Hello,

i have network card called " D-link DWL-G520+ Rev. A"

its software and driver are for windows 32 bit only , so i installed windows XP 64 bit , i installed all drivers from Atheron and others are not worked with my card!

is there are driver for this card to work under xp 64 bit ?

sorry for my bad english

thanks!

These drivers here are for Vista, you should look in the XP thread where you will have more success.

Atheros makes different version drivers for XP and Vista hence seperate threads.

Enjoy

These drivers here are for Vista, you should look in the XP thread where you will have more success.

Atheros makes different version drivers for XP and Vista hence seperate threads.

Enjoy

oops!, i'm sorry

please give me the link to download driver that works under xp 64 bit

i tried and downloaded driver from the first link here :

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....t=0&start=0

but it didn't work, any idea?

Thanks

Hi I'm just a guest. TNX for the drivers just installed the latest one.

Could someone help me with my problem.

How can I enable channels 1 - 13. I had no problem with that with my ralink card but with 5004x...

I live in Croatia, Europe. There is no option in device manager. I use vista 64bit

Thank you

Hi I'm just a guest. TNX for the drivers just installed the latest one.

Could someone help me with my problem.

How can I enable channels 1 - 13. I had no problem with that with my ralink card but with 5004x...

I live in Croatia, Europe. There is no option in device manager. I use vista 64bit

Thank you

There are no settings to change this with Atheros.

I assume you can only use channels 1-11, wonder if it's associated with Windows language version ?

Yes only 1 - 11...

Could be windows language because all other settings are set on Croatian, keyboard, location, time etc.

Tried lots of drivers non of them work on European channels. Evan tried some registry hacks, but no effect.

TNX for replaying.

Why do you need those high channels ?

Not many routers even go past channel 11 anyway.

It's only relly useful for Adhoc but then the other machine would also need to have channels 12-14.

I did make a mod to allow the Ralink cards to go past channel 11 for all countries

Why do you need those high channels ?

Not many routers even go past channel 11 anyway.

It's only relly useful for Adhoc but then the other machine would also need to have channels 12-14.

I did make a mod to allow the Ralink cards to go past channel 11 for all countries

There is no problem with that on my Ralink based card.

But Atheros...

All my ap-s allow me to use 13 channels because I am in Europe it's legal.

Using 13th channel allows me to have a better signal because everyone is on 1-11.

If you have some fix, hack or whatever for Atheros I would much appreciate it.

Thank you for helping me.

Mihael

There is no problem with that on my Ralink based card.

But Atheros...

All my ap-s allow me to use 13 channels because I am in Europe it's legal.

Using 13th channel allows me to have a better signal because everyone is on 1-11.

If you have some fix, hack or whatever for Atheros I would much appreciate it.

Thank you for helping me.

Mihael

I'll see what I can do.

can't download...only get this sucking leech site... file missplaced...please fix the links on the 1st page.

Nothing wrong with first post, fix your Firefox addons that is causing the 404's

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zupahwez0e

have a ar9281 in a toshiba x305 and i cannnot get it to connect using N at all. Fastest it connects is 54mbps. I have tried both the moddedinf and normal drivers (7.6.1.162). With the modded ones it installs the drivers but the card does not show up in the network devices. Device manager does not report any problems either. With the normal drivers everything works fine but i can only connect at 54mbps. i am using vista x64

have a ar9281 in a toshiba x305 and i cannnot get it to connect using N at all. Fastest it connects is 54mbps. I have tried both the moddedinf and normal drivers (7.6.1.162). With the modded ones it installs the drivers but the card does not show up in the network devices. Device manager does not report any problems either. With the normal drivers everything works fine but i can only connect at 54mbps. i am using vista x64

A clue as to what router you are using would be nice :)

Is the router set to broadcast in 11n ?

Still not much to go on.

11n = 40Mhz channel width (enabled ?) set to Auto or on, 20Mhz = 130Mbps max

Also 11n will have an enable somewhere. (I take it you have done this)

The WLAN card with default drivers should automatically use 11n if the router is broadcasting it.

Not other routers, cordless phones interfering ?

hi can someone help please, i have a Acer Aspire 5535 laptop from tesco which keeps crashing to a plain black screen which i can do nothing on and have to restart. I've narrowed it down to being the WLAN as when it's disabled it works fine with no problems, yet i can plug the net cable straight in and still have no problems. I believe i have the latest driver.... It's starting to get really frustraiting. Thanks, Adam.

hi can someone help please, i have a Acer Aspire 5535 laptop from tesco which keeps crashing to a plain black screen which i can do nothing on and have to restart. I've narrowed it down to being the WLAN as when it's disabled it works fine with no problems, yet i can plug the net cable straight in and still have no problems. I believe i have the latest driver.... It's starting to get really frustraiting. Thanks, Adam.

You are no doubt getting the dreaded NMI/Parity error crash.

Have a look at the other thread with a fix that I made to stop/reduce the problem.