LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Trying to solve the Brightness Problem for SONY, SAMSUNG, LENOVO, HP and TOSHiBA users

®®®

...if you want 10 months old drivers...

The latest drivers are no replacement for a hardware upgrade if you want more performance. It's a folly to blame a great driver edition that works properly !

What are 14 days old drivers good for, if you get the brightness/power saving issue using those ? I'm far from recognizing any sense from your statement ...

The only point where new drivers come in is when the manufacturer releases new gpu chipsets which are not yet supported by the former drivers.

And then : never touch a running system !

Edited by REDFOX

You have some logic there, but regrettably the game manufacturers tend to develop for new drivers making updating often a necessity. I'll keep a reliable driver whenever found until a good replacement is confirmed to work at least as well.

You have some logic there, but regrettably the game manufacturers tend to develop for new drivers making updating often a necessity. I'll keep a reliable driver whenever found until a good replacement is confirmed to work at least as well.

For those who need newer drivers : http://www.tweakforce.com/modules.php?name...load&cid=14

I have tested the X-Treme-G Mobile drivers by tweakforce and there is no brightness issue when using them. This is therefore another good alterantive !

• 4 months later...

my HP HDX NR9494 20" dragon has a weird issue in XP/Server 2003 where the screen goes black (barely see anything unless you shine a flashlight on the screen) when the AC is pulled out and plugged back in, or just plugged back in when on battery power. You can't do anything but reboot. Changing Powermizer settings off or anything else do not seem to help at all. I've tried several drivers, they all do the same thing.

Anyone have any solutions?

Geforce 8800M GTS

512 memory

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

I had make another post but I think its more relevant here so :

I had a new macbook with 9400M and a LED-Backlit display which work on windows Seven but the problem is the same under Vista

I installed the bootcamp Setvice which install the 176.44 drivers. With this i could control the intensity of the backlit and desactivate it completely

BUT When I installed the 179.48 I could control the intensity on the backlit but I could not desactivate it. but if i replace with the 176.44-inf file and the 179.48 drivers works perfect.

With the 181 drivers series (pre-release WDDM 1.1) which are proposed automaticaly from windows update I could not control intensity at all even I replace the inf with the 176.44.

So I think there is a trick for Led-backlit display/brightness control in the 176.44 drivers.

I copy this inf 176.44 maybe someone could help me.

Thanks

• 9 months later...
Guest beginner

I have solve this problem on my Fujitsu laptop.

Solution:

Video Adaptor: Nvidva GS9300m GS

Use:v195.94 driver

Modify the inf file.

Goto section: [nv_commonRestrictionsAndTiming_addreg]

add in: HKR,, EnableBrightnessControl, %REG_DWORD%, 2