Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• The Lost One

• ricktendo64

• LSudlow

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest nall256

Hi, I'm using a HP Mini 110, which does not support multi touch gestures, and have some concerns about the synaptics virtual scrolling. With whatever sensitivity settings I use, with and without "coasting" (and whichever driver version) my scrolling doesn't stop for at least a full second after I take me finger off of the pad. On my husband's netbook he uses a third party two finger scrolling application which is very snappy. Is there any one finger virtual scrolling application or way to make the synaptics scrolling more snappy? Thanks!

Found 14.0.14.0

Does the 14.0.14.0 driver only have the Dell Settings interface?

I'm missing some settings I had with the original Synaptics driver.

Added v14.0.13.1

Does the 14.0.14.0 driver only have the Dell Settings interface?

I'm missing some settings I had with the original Synaptics driver.

That I cannot tell, seems to be raining Synaptics drivers at the moment

Thank you!

The v15.0.0.1 driver with uscribe doesn't seem to work for me. Installation starts and gets stuck. The progress bar is at it's initial position. Neither does it advance, nor does it crash. Please help....

15.0.0.1 extracted from (really, downloaded by) uscribe. Works for me.

Signed.

Get it but please re-upload somewhere, I will not hold it for a long time.

It was downloaded by installer from http://dx6tndmpbjcvh.cloudfront.net/common/Synaptics_v15_0_0_1_C_XP32_Vista32_Win7-32_XP64_Vista64_Win7-64_Signed_demo_UI_SGS94.exe (sniffed from proxy log) but I am not sure the link will work any longer.

15.0.0.1 extracted from (really, downloaded by) uscribe. Works for me.

Signed.

Get it but please re-upload somewhere, I will not hold it for a long time.

It was downloaded by installer from http://dx6tndmpbjcvh.cloudfront.net/common/Synaptics_v15_0_0_1_C_XP32_Vista32_Win7-32_XP64_Vista64_Win7-64_Signed_demo_UI_SGS94.exe (sniffed from proxy log) but I am not sure the link will work any longer.

Grabbing now, should have both in an hour or so, slow downloads

Will upload when I get back from work.

Does anyone have a uscribe offline setup ?

It's the link in the very first post.

Grab it quick or you'll have to get the link a few posts above this one (first to mention 15.0.0.1)

Replaced driver with full version.

Just downloaded and installed the newest drivers. v15.0.0.1

But I am still unable to get my double scroll gesture back or any other gesture for that matter.

Any thoughts?

I am running a hp dv6t w7 64 bit.

• 2 weeks later...

these new synaptics drivers are nice. pinch zoom, chiral motion, and two-finger scroll all work great. but i have an issue:

do any of these drivers support the two- and three- finger taps? i would like a two-finger tap to perform a middle-click, but this isn't possible with any windows synaptic drivers i have ever tried. they only allow this "tap zone" thing which just isn't as good. this feature is available in the linux synaptic drivers... anybody know how to enable it in windows??

Edited by christophocles

these new synaptics drivers are nice. pinch zoom, chiral motion, and two-finger scroll all work great. but i have an issue:

do any of these drivers support the two- and three- finger taps? i would like a two-finger tap to perform a middle-click, but this isn't possible with any windows synaptic drivers i have ever tried. they only allow this "tap zone" thing which just isn't as good. this feature is available in the linux synaptic drivers... anybody know how to enable it in windows??

I guess there are problems with patents/licenses e.g. from Apple and other OEMs

This is probably the same reasion why synaptics doesn't share their latest drivers on their website.

When i add one line to the regestry i can click both buttons and it will work as middlemousebutton

But everytime i install new drivers i have to add this line again :/

I guess there are problems with patents/licenses e.g. from Apple and other OEMs

This is probably the same reasion why synaptics doesn't share their latest drivers on their website.

When i add one line to the regestry i can click both buttons and it will work as middlemousebutton

But everytime i install new drivers i have to add this line again :/

Thanks, I didn't know about that. Which registry key do you have to change?

Also, I have an EeePC and its touchpad allows these kinds of things. I think it uses an Elantech touchpad, and I guess they aren't patent encumbered. Has anyone ever tried these drivers on a Synaptic touchpad (like the one on a Dell Studio laptop?)...

Or maybe someone could mod the Synaptic drivers to include two-finger taps and whatnot... I've heard of other modded drivers for Synaptic, so I wonder how difficult it would be to add this..

I'm just installed driver 15.0.2.0 on my Vostro 1500 and I can't find settings for allow two or more finger scrolling or advanced features. What I doing wrong?

my eee 1001p had a factory settings problem under Win XP: it would not allow me to go to synaptic touchpad device settings, had to uninstall it and then reinstall the touchpad driver from asus eee website (ver. 13.2.6.1). This driver allows everything EXCEPT chiral motion.

Furthermore, newer versions of the driver from Synaptics website allow chiral scrolling but disabled two finger tapping (middle mouse) and three finger tapping that are essential to the touchpad functionality.

So I had to install back the eee driver 13.2.6.1 and then tweak the registry; to enable chiral scrolling, remove "visibility" in following windows registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPCpl\Controls\2Scrolling\1One-Finger Scrolling\3Chiral

All multitouch features are now easily switchable in the touchpad properties > Device settings > settings. Awesome. Hopefully this helps people with similar problems.