LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Compal FL90 BIOS

Nicram

there is an option called ACHP (or something like that), that may be Enabled or Disabled.

Try switching the current setting of that option in bios. I think its in the advanced menu, but i may be wrong.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nicram

• Tomcheck

• Korso

• Guilherme Françoso

there is an option called ACHP (or something like that), that may be Enabled or Disabled.

Try switching the current setting of that option in bios. I think its in the advanced menu, but i may be wrong.

OK, I'll try and tell you. Thanks a lot for your kind answer.

OK, I'll try and tell you. Thanks a lot for your kind answer.

It works! Thanks a million dude :)

Never thought it could be that bios setting :)

You,re welcome. You bought your machine with the OS preinstalled, didn't you? Because i bought it without any software and so i had that problem already when i tried to install the OS.

• 4 weeks later...

So, i have BIOS v. 1.19, the diference from 1.18 is only, that DEP/NX for Intel Merom/Penryn Processors is enable. You must make DOS disk for the flash and type ft001195s, after flashing go in the BIOS and choose "load defaults"->"yes" or clear CMOS. :)

Bios for Compal

Hi, thank for this useful post

When I try to update the bios, the next message appears:

"Could not find BCP DMI block in BIOS ROM file image

PRESS A KEY TO RESTART"

Anyone has any idea? I follow all the steps carefully and I have try with different bios versions.

I have a Compal fl90 with 1.04 bios

thanks

Hi, thank for this useful post

When I try to update the bios, the next message appears:

"Could not find BCP DMI block in BIOS ROM file image

PRESS A KEY TO RESTART"

Anyone has any idea? I follow all the steps carefully and I have try with different bios versions.

I have a Compal fl90 with 1.04 bios

thanks

Did You try to update to 1.05 first? Did You use my .iso files or some other way? Did You try emergency disk method?

Did You try to update to 1.05 first? Did You use my .iso files or some other way? Did You try emergency disk method?

Well, I've try to update to 1.12, .13, .16, .18 and .19, but I haven't found the 1.05version.

I have use all your iso files, and I have tryed it by burning cd and by usb hd method.

The problem appears after de phlaser does the backup bios copy, in the step4 of the process, I think

I have also tryed it by using the Winphlaser by Phoenix, and after various problems still solved, the program stops, and my computer tills.

Emergency disk method? what's that?

thanks for ur response

Tru to update to 1.06 first then using BIOS from compal website. Then if it will not work, we will try emergency disk method (it is restoring bios from the FDD that is connected to USB, it is usefull when laptop freeze when bios update process is running & don't wanna to boot after that).

Tru to update to 1.06 first then using BIOS from compal website. Then if it will not work, we will try emergency disk method (it is restoring bios from the FDD that is connected to USB, it is usefull when laptop freeze when bios update process is running & don't wanna to boot after that).

Yeah! thanks for your help, I had actualiced to 1.06

Let's try something higher :)

thanks a lot

Hi Guys,

Did you tryied it out with a JFL92 model? According to the Compal´s support site, those models (IFT0X, IFL9X and JFL9X) use the same BIOS. Where did you get it? Is this 1.19 BIOS release a modded BIOS?

Some guy that work on BIOS for Compal send it to someone, & that person distribute it on rapidshare. AFAIK this BIOS is not final release so yes, VT may not work as it should & yes, DEP is enabled.

Yes it should work fine with JFL92.

Thanks for you answer... Is great to know that someone keeps improving tho XFL9X... It is a great machine.

So... Is there any predictions about on when this BIOS is going to be released? Hope it gets ready soon...

• 2 weeks later...

Nice :) Does 1.19 have any particular bugs I should know of? I would much rather have a stable BIOS than something alpha/prerelease/unstable.

AFAIK there is some problem with VT with this BIOS (ppl say that is working very slow on 1.19), so i think most stable is 1.18.

@blueicePT: it depend from what version You will ugprade, every release got changelog that You may find in the BIOS .zip file downloaded from compal webiste.

I've flashed my bios to 1.18 but now my computer wont fully boot. when it gets to the windows bootscreen, the green bar doesnt even move, then a bluee screen appears and then it reboots. Did i brick it? is there any way to recover?

Hi all

i has a problem to update bios (Ver 1.03A) on my JFT00

First of all, i cant find this model on official site, but IFT00 should be same (i believe) 12", intel 965 chipset

When i trying update bios i always get error "COULD NOT FIND BCP DMI block in bios rom" or (if i remove /mode=3 from command line) it just halt.

i have no idea what to do. Help please

Ooo sorry , i solve my problem. IFT00 not the same JFT00!

JFT00 has InsydeH20 bios, but i was tryid update Phoenix bios. Thanks god, this not damage my laptop.

But it very strange, that JFT00 is in products on official site, but is`t in dowload/bios.