LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Latest Atheros modded Driver for Windows 7, Vista and WinXP

mobilenvidia

Also tried 7.3.1.109, inf 1.15 on Vista and got instant BSOD.

Tried 7.4.2.105 on XP from Laser21's link above and also the Toshiba Atheros driver there and still instant BSOD.

This is depressing.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• stanny

• chiefwigms

• UberB

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Guest
I don't have XP on my machine so will be very hard to make something I haven't got

Remind me again in 2 weeks I may take pity and see what I can do (blindly)

Hi there, it's been 2 weeks. Could you please try to make a .inf for xp ? ^^"

So it has

So it has :)

• 2 months later...
Guest heavyhands
Is there no interest in making a working driver for AR5008 for XP? Why is all the interest just for Vista?

having just purchased a toshiba lifebook with this hardware, but no love for vista, i must say there is indeed an interest in a working xp driver.

please please please.

vistas going good now its going good

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lordwader

Hi guys,

v17 inf mode is super. Now my led is blinking AR5006EX.

but doesn't work: vistumbler, netstumbler and wildpacket doesn't work under vista.

how to solve the problem???

BR

lordwader

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys,

v17 inf mode is super. Now my led is blinking AR5006EX.

but doesn't work: vistumbler, netstumbler and wildpacket doesn't work under vista.

how to solve the problem???

BR

lordwader

Works for me, am using 7.6.0.154 with modded INF v1.17 and Vista x64 with Vistumbler v8.0

any chance you can mod this but still allow super g - 108mbps?

SuperG should work as I assume the WIFI will hookup up at max speed.

Works for me, am using 7.6.0.154 with modded INF v1.17 and Vista x64 with Vistumbler v8.0

SuperG should work as I assume the WIFI will hookup up at max speed.

SuperG doesn't work, it works straight away with the drivers that download from windows update

straight connection at 108mbps with full signal

with these drivers i get 2 - 3 bars and always 54mbps?

• 3 weeks later...

Added 7.6.0.172 with INF 1.18

• 3 weeks later...
Added 7.6.0.172 with INF 1.18

I was wondering if someone could help me. I have an NEC i-select M5410 with an atheros AR5005G Wireless Network Adapter, using xp. Every time I try to connect to my wireless router (a TP-Link TL-WR641G), the nmi parity check/memory parity error screen appears. I have successfully managed to connect to other wireless routers without the screen appearing which makes me think that the problem is my router but I noticed that people have had problems with the atheros cards so I was wondering if it could be the source. I know very little about this so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I can't seem to install this. I am using AR928x on a Sony Vaio SR12G. I download the 7.6.0.172 with 1.18 INF, unzipped it on my desktop, uninstall current drivers and update latest drivers using device manager pointing to the unzipped folder, and it fails to install giving an error. Any tips to install?

I have installed the normal 7.6.0.172 I found on the other thread instead, still don't seem to be getting good range on that, 2 to 3 bars from only 2 rooms away. Was hoping to get 3-4 bars with modded INF 1.18.

Edited by stanny

I can't seem to install this. I am using AR928x on a Sony Vaio SR12G. I download the 7.6.0.172 with 1.18 INF, unzipped it on my desktop, uninstall current drivers and update latest drivers using device manager pointing to the unzipped folder, and it fails to install giving an error. Any tips to install?

I have installed the normal 7.6.0.172 I found on the other thread instead, still don't seem to be getting good range on that, 2 to 3 bars from only 2 rooms away. Was hoping to get 3-4 bars with modded INF 1.18.

Try removing the old driver first.

i sometimes have same issue when installing new driver over old and it won't.

But once old driver removed it installed just fine

Already did that. I selected delete the software when uninstalling the device from device manager even, until it doesn't detect no more. Then I restart and pointed it to the modded info unzipped folder. Gives an error halfway installing.

Already did that. I selected delete the software when uninstalling the device from device manager even, until it doesn't detect no more. Then I restart and pointed it to the modded info unzipped folder. Gives an error halfway installing.

What OS/version are you using ?

Vista Home Premium 32 bit. Is the 7.6.0.172 the right one for AR928x?

Yip.

Not sure why it's doing that to your card.

Did the original driver tell you what make/model card you have in your machine ?

I cannot find any 92xx cards in miniPCIe format only miniPCI

The original one definitely told me its an AR928x. Even after I installed some driver from www.atheros.cz it told me its AR928x. Perhaps I am not uninstalling everything completely. Is there a way to completely clear a driver and it's software? What else should I do besides uninstall device and check remove software, and restart?

There are 2 INF files in the folder after i unzipped this, I think. Which one should I point to? I tried pointing to the folder method which gave the error, maybe I can point directly to the INF file this time.

The original one definitely told me its an AR928x. Even after I installed some driver from www.atheros.cz it told me its AR928x. Perhaps I am not uninstalling everything completely. Is there a way to completely clear a driver and it's software? What else should I do besides uninstall device and check remove software, and restart?

There are 2 INF files in the folder after i unzipped this, I think. Which one should I point to? I tried pointing to the folder method which gave the error, maybe I can point directly to the INF file this time.

The one (INF) ending with x is for Vista x64, try removing this as it might be looking in this INF.

Just tried that, still don't work. They write, required line is not found in the INF. Do i need to edit anything or do anything besides just unzip the downloaded file and point update driver thing in device manager to that?

Just tried that, still don't work. They write, required line is not found in the INF. Do i need to edit anything or do anything besides just unzip the downloaded file and point update driver thing in device manager to that?

I had a look through the x86 INF and compared it with x64 INF they are identical except for the x86/64 differences.

I'm finding the 928x chipset quite weird.

Found the modded INF install bug for the 92XX chipsets and uploaded a fixed driver.

Also seperated the 32 and 64bit drivers to not confuse the installer (as happened often)

• 1 month later...

Hi; thank you for your work on this driver; I have been experiencing much better connectivity and speed using your modifications. One question though; how can I change my MAC address?

[the story behind this: I had been able to change my mac address using the stock drivers until I updated to windows XP SP3, I have since upgraded to vista (sp1) and still am unable to spoof my mac address...]

Any advice? Thanks again for your help :)