LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Latest Atheros modded Driver for Windows 7, Vista and WinXP

mobilenvidia

Hi; thank you for your work on this driver; I have been experiencing much better connectivity and speed using your modifications. One question though; how can I change my MAC address?

[the story behind this: I had been able to change my mac address using the stock drivers until I updated to windows XP SP3, I have since upgraded to vista (sp1) and still am unable to spoof my mac address...]

Any advice? Thanks again for your help :)

Never had need to change MAC address so have no idea.

But I have updated the modded INF to v7.6.1.122.

This is in preperation for a new AR9002 card review coming up soon :)

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• stanny

• chiefwigms

• UberB

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just noticed that; it appears to be mislabled on the thread though (there are two listings for 7.6.0.172); I have a feeling that the newer versions of the driver disable mac spoofing; I will look into using old versions and see if i can get things rolling.

I just noticed that; it appears to be mislabled on the thread though (there are two listings for 7.6.0.172); I have a feeling that the newer versions of the driver disable mac spoofing; I will look into using old versions and see if i can get things rolling.

Hehe :) so I did, all fixed

I found none of the old drivers to allow a mac address change; perhaps it is part of vista that is causing a problem...

I don't remember ever seeing it in Vista drivers.

Probably a security feature that Vista loves so much

Thanks for fixing this annoying problem. I've been having parity errors ever since I installed Vista, and I narrowed the problem down to my SparkLAN WPEA-124N but was never able to fix the problem. I even had SparkLAN email me the XP 7.6.1.160 / 7.6.1.22 Vista drivers, thinking I might have previously downloaded a bad driver, but they didn't stop the parity errors. The 7.6.1.122 v1.19 inf fixed my problems. I can finally stop pulling out my hair!

Thanks again!

Edited by kegobeer

Thanks for fixing this annoying problem. I've been having parity errors ever since I installed Vista, and I narrowed the problem down to my SparkLAN WPEA-124N but was never able to fix the problem. I even had SparkLAN email me the XP 7.6.1.160 / 7.6.1.22 Vista drivers, thinking I might have previously downloaded a bad driver, but they didn't stop the parity errors. The 7.6.1.122 v1.19 inf fixed my problems. I can finally stop pulling out my hair!

Thanks again!

I see you have same system as me.

Made the fix to solve the i8400 parity error.

SparkLAN probably got the driver from here as I have given the links to their main retailer

just got the new AR928x based WLAN and it crashes instantly the driver turns on :)

Darn either Atheros or Dell for this issue.

I see you have same system as me.

Made the fix to solve the i8400 parity error.

SparkLAN probably got the driver from here as I have given the links to their main retailer

just got the new AR928x based WLAN and it crashes instantly the driver turns on :)

Darn either Atheros or Dell for this issue.

I just emailed SparkLAN with a link to this thread. I asked them if they were aware of the parity error, and I'm hoping I get a response soon.

I was looking to upgrade my card, but I think I'll stick with the 5008X until you figure out how to get the 928x working. Keep up the good work - you're helping all of us poor Dell/Atheros owners!

I also got a ralink based WLAN card which so far is impressing me with it's very nice Vista (and x64) working Client Utility.

Will review this as soon as I get a chance.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest black6spdz

I have a Dell Latitude D400 with a Senao NMP-8602+ "AR5006X" MiciPCI card installed running Vista x86. With the stock v7.6.1.122 drivers my Wlan and Bluetooth LEDs blink on and off and the computer is constantly detecting the Bluetooth radio then it disappears over and over although the wireless works fine. I Updated to the v1.20 modded INF and the wireless still works but the WiFi and BT LEDs stay off and the Bluetooth radio is not detected. How can the BT radio module be affected by the WiFi driver? Does it control a GPIO pin for power or something? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Added v7.6.1.162 (Vista) and v7.6.1.170 (WinXP)

First WinXP modded INF attempt.

Made this with out having XP so hopefully I got it right.

For those with a Dell D400 and atheros card, here are the reg entries to correct the led and bluetooth problem

"linkLEDFunc"="0"

"activityLEDfunc"="0"

"connectionLEDFunc"="0"

"swapDefaultLED"="1"

"softLEDEnable"="1"

"gpioLedCustom"="0"

"gpioPinFunc0"="0"

"gpioFunc0ActHi"="0"

"gpioPinFunc1"="3"

"gpioFunc1ActHi"="1"

Hi all :P ,

The first Download Link don't work (404) => v7.6.1.162 with modded INF v1.20 for both Vista x86 and x64.

And thanks for this very useful site :)

Whoops sorry about that, would help if I actually uploaded it :)

Guest ykstyle

I'm using xp pro sp2. With modded INF 1.2 7.6.1.170, it does'nt show advanced option at all (in device property section)

Since original driver (/wo tweaked option) does this well, please check it again.

I'm using xp pro sp2. With modded INF 1.2 7.6.1.170, it does'nt show advanced option at all (in device property section)

Since original driver (/wo tweaked option) does this well, please check it again.

I installed XP and found the bug causing the above, new version uploaded and fully working.

Thank you! Atheros AR928X much better transfer speed, but sensitivity is issue.

Is the issue a new one or just continuing on from before ?

It was before. But in case of Vista - no problem even with ordinary inf driver file.

Hey guys - came back here after a while (had a WI01-GT card), and just upgraded to a WI06N card... I'm gonna try the 7.6.1.170 w/ 1.21 INF mod for XP, but what client do you guys use? The one that gigabyte supplies with the drivers? Do you install that, then manually update the driver via Upgrade Driver?

Gonna use the 7.6.1.170 for both WI01 & WI06... hopefully this solves the loss of connection to any network after a random time

-Pete

Install v7.6.1.150 (with ACU) then update to v7.6.1.170 afterwards.

I must be an idiot - i d/led the 150 driver, but there's no ACU associated with it... am i doing something wrong? I see a C:\Program Files\ATHR\ATHR Wireless LAN Card\Driver, but that's all... no utility

Edited by chiefwigms

I must be an idiot - i d/led the 150 driver, but there's no ACU associated with it... am i doing something wrong? I see a C:\Program Files\ATHR\ATHR Wireless LAN Card\Driver, but that's all... no utility

There is a setup file in the very directory, run this.