LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v167.58 Windows XP 32bit | ASUS/HP-Compaq

mobilenvidia

No, it doesn't. Even if your video card is not listed, you can download the driver, download the modded inf and install it in your video card...

Well obviously you CAN, but is it recommended practice?

No, it doesn't. Even if your video card is not listed, you can download the driver, download the modded inf and install it in your video card...

Hi guys

i have a toshiba satellite x200-208 with 8700m GT is a good choise to install this driver without modded inf ?

Are those a good choise between quality and performance ?

Guest Barteklo

Hello.

Please help me. I have Asus F3SV graphics 8600M GS. I tried a diferent kind of drivers. Witch drivers I must install for my laptop. I have problem with movies (cuts sometimes) and i thik games should work better on my laptop (for example The Witcher on medium details still work slow). Please help.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you..(Acer inspire 9920...finally.. :) )

Hi everyone :)

I'm highly interested in this driver, but it seems your download server doesn't run fully atm.

"We are currently setting up the download server. At this stage all of the NVIDIA drivers need to be uploaded. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Can anyone who has already dl'ed it upload it somewhere please ? It would be a huge service to me and i'm sure many people as well.

Thanks in advance. :-)

Guest Guest

Tried this driver on my dell inspiron 9400 with geforce go 7900GS. Driver worked ok - control panel etc all worked fine. However, I got a black screen upon resuming fromm standby and some texture corruption in team fortress 2.

What driver do people recommend for inspiron 9400? - up till now been using 101.19 (the latest driver available from dell)

• 3 weeks later...

Wonderful driver: results from 3DMark 06 (fixed conditions):

-driver from Asus (2006): 807 points;

-nVision driver: 916 points (~12% improvement).

But I couldn't dual screen with nVision's, though I could with Asus' (bad image, though, as I couldn't adjust to the higher resolution of the other screen).

I managed to get the dual screens installing Asus' driver but using nVision's .INF (renamed after Asus' version of the .INF). Works perfectly and the 3DMark 06 score hits 887 points (~10% improvement relative to 807) but now I don't have nVidia's control panel installed (which I believe could help me send applications to the other screen). Any ideas on how could I get that control panel to work?

Thanks a bunch, nVision, you're wonderful!

Edit: I uninstalled the current driver (hibrid Asus + nVision .INF) and immediately installed nVision's driver. The dual screens are working fine and the 3DMark 06 score didn't change much from the last value, 887.

Edited by rsreston

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest

is it possible to use the modded INF from this post for the Dell versions of these cards, too? The dell INF I need gives everybody a 404 when trying to obtain the INF file. If it will not work, can somebody tell me how I need to mod the INF file included with the original driver to make it work for me?

Hi. I tried the driver. When my system restarted, I was left with a blank screen. I am happy that it was a simple fix of rolling back the driver while in safe mode. Was I supposed to use the modded INF file even though my speciic card was listed? I was under the impression, that if my card was in the list, that I would be able to just install the driver. Perhaps I used the wrong driver for my machine. I guess I need a little help figuring out which one to use and how to do it correctly for this specific model of laptop and card.

Edited by buggerritt

me and my friend have a problem with this version..me : after winXP booting logo it will come blank screen (it happens about 3 times)..

and my friend have a bigger problem, his VGA card laptop has been damaged..and he get the new VGA because it still in guarantiee..we have a same laptop (benQ S41 with geforce 8600mGS)...how to fix this problem?..im very afraid if my laptop damaged like my friend (I hope it never)

-sorry for bad english hhehhehe

• 3 weeks later...

thank you so much!!!!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest Jessica Grace

This is a lifesaver. I got an HP Presario v6500z with Windows Vista, and installed XP after getting sick of Vista's shenanigans. This is the ONLY place I have found a working/installable driver for my nVidia 6150 card, thank you so much!!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...