LaptopVideo2Go Forums

which game pad

Guest the waverer

I know it's not what you asked about, but I just love the xbox 360 controller, works very well with a lot of games. Haven't tried either of the gamepads you mention though so can't really comment on those, sorry.

Hi,

which gamepad do you prefer (Crysis, Far Cry, The Witcher, :) May Cry 3, Hitman etc)

Logitech

or

Saitek

whats do you think about the Logitech Rumblepad 2 Refresh

I have the wireless Logitech rumblepad 2 and it is fantastic (the best I had for years). Great quality, reliable and very energy efficient. I can play for months with just a pair of AAs alkaline batteries (100 hours according to Logitech which I think is underestimated) (which I can get for free from where I work). I haven't tested it with crysis because I prefer keyboard and mouse for FPS but one day I tried to see if it is recognised by the game and it didn't (I know you can definetely play with the XBOX360 gamepad). I don't know if there is any way to get that sorted but for all the other games I am using it (ProEvo 2008, tomb raider, Prince of Persia, Colin Mcrae, Need fo Speed) it's just great. IMO I don't like the XBOX 360 because of the way the analogue sticks are placed and the wireless just consumes the batteries very quickly. But this is just a personal opinion. But I have to say the compatibility and support for the XBOX is much better than any other gamepad. Another thing is, the XBOX is much more expensive than any other gamepad.

So for me it's either Logitech or XBOX, the saitek one is ok but the quality compared to the other two is lower. But for the reasons I am mentioning above is definitely Logitech :) .

Guest the waverer

Thank you for your help

I will buy a

- Logitech G5 refresh mouse

and a

- Logitech Rumblepad 2 Refresh Gamepad

I think for far cry, crysis (... egoshooter) the G5 refresh mouse is a good choice

and for sports games and jump&run (prince of persia, :) may cry, maybe the witcher, assassins creed) the rumplepad will be good

thanks again for your help