LaptopVideo2Go Forums

MVIX MX780/MX760 Firmware

mobilenvidia

It doesn't appear as though there are going to be any more MX-760HD firmware updates, seeing as the MX-760HD has been re-launched as the MX780-DVI, so owners might as well upgrade to the 780 firmware at this point or get left behind...

I have a MX-760HD & if I trie to use MX-780 Firmwear is says its not a Valid file ? I tried MvixUSA-2.0.3.pkg MvixUSA-2.0.6.pkg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• xclanet

• bovirus

• coffee-turtle

I have a MX-760HD & if I trie to use MX-780 Firmwear is says its not a Valid file ? I tried MvixUSA-2.0.3.pkg MvixUSA-2.0.6.pkg

You need to edit the firmware with an hexadecimal editor and replace 780 with 760 at the very beginning of it. After that you'll always have to flash using 780 firmware.

Using Wifi and Wired network at the same time is done quite easily.

Activate wifi then using telnet just type for instance :

ifconfig eth0 up

ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.188 netmask 255.255.255.0

Adding those lines in the mvix_init_script automate the job !

• 3 months later...
Guest Crime78

Emergency Firmware update procedure.

Emergency Firmware for MX760

Emergency Firmware for MX780

Quick_Tftp_Server_Pro_44650.exe

Emergency Firmware, grab the firmware, if running Windoze grab the TFTP app.

Install app, setup the root dir, copy the roming.emergency FW into this dir

Start the TFTP process.

Hold down the 'stop' and 'setup' buttons on the MX7x0, press the power button let go of power button THEN let go of other 2 (in that order)

Emergency Firmware will load.

MX7x0 will reboot.

This is not work in my player (MX-760HD with 780 firmware)! :) If I use this button combination (first stop, after setup, hold down both of them, and push power), my player just turn ON, and that's all... What I did wrong? How I must to do correctly?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Link fixed

Hi, Yi, As stated you have fixed up the link yes but when clicked it open as zibrish page which has all type of weird characters. It should open up a pop up to save the file instead. I downloaded roaming emergency file of 760 but the problem is that I cannot upgrade from that version to 2.x.x version or any. Please help me. Thanks in advance. DReuben

• 4 months later...

Can someone give me an active link for the MX780-1.2.1mod.pkg ?? Or can someone upload this file?

For years I have had a 760HD, but it died on me. Now I bought a second hand 780HD but the sound played through the RCA connection is very bad (settings downmix and 2-channel). I hope that the 760HD firmware fixes this.