LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Sony fz11 no hdmi audio on win xp (Sigmatel HD audio)

riddle13

Hi,

I have just downgraded to win xp installing successfully all needed drivers. However, a problem occurs while connecting to lcd tv. The picture works fine but there is no signal.

Any solutions?

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Yea i have the same problem - also my graphics have messed up also.....Can anyone help us?

Guest mantra

i have other problem, i cant find any drivers (xp drivers) for my sony vaio fz11m ... can anybody help me ? :) i find some for graphic and camera and other, but i didnt find anything for sound card

best regards mantra

What is the DEV_ID and SUBSYS_ID of the audio device? Check in that in the DeviceManager...

OK, I too am a Sony VAIO FZ180E/B owner. No audio... just some noise on audio to HDMI LCD Monitor. There isn't the availability to switch to HDMI audio out as a choice in the driver...

I used Sony's drivers from their Asia Pacific site... they have most drivers and applications needed for downgrading to XP along with some good instructions for the most part. Even thou these are for the Asia Pacific models, they work fine for US as well.

Note that in XP Downgrade info they say HDMI audio output will not work with their driver... so I guess I am looking for a better driver. I know Sony has had several models with XP that most likely had Sigmatel hardware... maybe their is a better driver.

Here is a link to the specifics for the FZ18G model... this seemed closest to the FZ180E/B I have

http://www.sony-asia.com/support/download/...site=hp_en_AP_i

You can find other drivers from their model search page

http://www.sony-asia.com/section/downloads?site=hp_en_AP_i

Note that FZ1x series would be similar to some of our USA models FZ1x0, FZ2x series would be similar to the FZ2x0 series etc.

The driver is listed as a Realtek High Definition Audio Codec by the site... however when I installed it it came up Sigmatel Audio v 10.1.0.238. This may be Sony's rev level

However looking in the device manager driver tab it shows 5.10.5067.0

Here is the info requested (typed in by hand... can't copy paste)

When I look under Sound, Video, and Game Controller, the only reference I find to SigmaTel is the High Definition Audio Codec. I am not sure this is the driver???

Device Instance Id

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7662&SUBSYS_104D1C00&REV_1002\4&2E365DAD&0&0001

I think the SUBSYS is part of this...

The only other Audio Driver listed is a Legacy Driver which I don't think is SigmaTel

Hope you can provide a suggestion to try... I would like to use the blu-ray features of the computer to connect to my 47" LCD.

Thanks

Edited by ®®®

i have other problem, i cant find any drivers (xp drivers) for my sony vaio fz11m ... can anybody help me ? :) i find some for graphic and camera and other, but i didnt find anything for sound card

best regards mantra

Take a look at the Asia Pacific web site for some Sony XP downgrade instructions and drivers. Start from here and pick a model close to yours if its not their.

Yea i have the same problem - also my graphics have messed up also.....Can anyone help us?

OK for drivers try the Sony Asia Pacific Site

Find a model close to your model number and do some comparisons on what drivers are included vs what drivers that your computer needs

Here is a link:

Note that a USA VGN-FZ180E/B is kind of like one of the VGN-FZ18 models... most of the drivers are the same anyway in the FZ1x series ....

The instructions for the most part and the order are important for success. They are pretty accurate, just reboot after each driver and software install no matter what... expect that you might not have anything show on the display when it come back up (I had this happen a couple times! ...if it does happen, just power down with the power button but only after HD activity has stopped (check HD activity light) ... everything will be OK... you might need to do this a couple times)

For graphics I ended up then without brightness control with these drivers. But their is a fix. Read this:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....ver++pieter+inf

but mostly this:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=195238

The idea here is to use a standard modified NVidia driver and then substitute in a special INF file in place of the original modified one. You can also modifiy most any driver but I used their 169.28 driver with the special modded INF to turn on brightness control. The links to the driver and the special INF are in the second link, first message... Just download the driver and the appropriate special modded INF, run the driver to extract the files, replace the INF in the drivers expanded folder with the special modded one you downloaded, remove you old driver, run a Driver Cleaner to make sure no trace of the old driver is present, then install new modded driver. Brightness control returns!

Guest rustsac

Yes but does this only work for nVidia cards, i have the intel graphics chipset in my laptop sony vaio vgn-fz240e I am looking for a brightness fix.

Guest elmerb
What is the DEV_ID and SUBSYS_ID of the audio device? Check in that in the DeviceManager...

®®®

The DEV_ID and SUBSYS_ID is found here:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7662&SUBSYS_104D1C00&REV_1002\4&2E365DAD&0&0001

Is there something in the Video drivers which prevent the Sigmatel XP sound driver not to notice that there is a HDMI audio output device available?

Could it be install order of the video and audio drivers?

We don't see in our sound settings for audio playback device, anything other than Sigmatel Audio... its like the HDMI port isn't even there. Other users (ACER, etc.) also seem to have comments like this

Thanks for your thoughts...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
recently i Have found a site with drivers for sony which might be compatible but have not checked if they work or not. Could anyone do it ?

http://www.sony-drivers.com/sony-drivers/S...MCE_72012.shtml

It won't install on my Vaio FZ21M, I'm trying to extract the exe and modify the inf.

If anyone could help, that would much appriciated.

Thx

• 2 weeks later...
recently i Have found a site with drivers for sony which might be compatible but have not checked if they work or not. Could anyone do it ?

http://www.sony-drivers.com/sony-drivers/S...MCE_72012.shtml

i've installed windows xp sp3 and i've been trying to install the sigmatel audio drivrs for 3 days and its not workintg, like there is something missing in the drivers .. can anyone help me ? thanks.. i use sony vaio vgn-fz11m

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have just downgraded to win xp installing successfully all needed drivers. However, a problem occurs while connecting to lcd tv. The picture works fine but there is no signal.

Any solutions?

Cheers.