LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Dox's Customised Clevo INFs

Tried 177.79 XP, several times to get it work (forgot to reboot and stuff)

And yes, I tried several drivers yesterday (my night was awful). I have more success with your INF, but it crashes the 3DMark test @ the CPU Test loading... weird. The original drivers works fine on it.

What I should do is uninstall, driverclean the comp, reinstall your drivers and retest.

I'll keep you updated

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• pival

• tugausa

• josche44

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so my driver installs fine and boots up properly?

but crashes in 3d mark 2006?

always uninstall the driver first then reboot. then install.

after installing the driver ALWAYS reboot afterwards.

also do other games crash???

keep me updated and once i get the answers from you i'll send u a private build of my INF and see if we can nail whats causing the issue.

And yes, I tried several drivers yesterday (my night was awful). I have more success with your INF, but it crashes the 3DMark test @ the CPU Test loading... weird. The original drivers works fine on it.
what do you mean the original drivers?

you mean the one that came with your laptop or 177.79 using pieter's inf?

regards

ps: can you tell me what driver that came with your laptop works for you?

Yeah I know how to install drivers properly, don't worry about that.

So yeah, tried UT3 then it crashed at the cdkey asking, nv4_disp being faulty.

My laptop came with something indicated 6.14.11.147, from 25/06/2007. It's kinda old but it works... This is this one I call the original drivers.

ahh ok :)

so before i get to work

could you fully remove the driver (go in safe mode and run driver cleaner etc)

then install this one: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=19492

dont use the modded inf it should install with the default inf.

thanks

im trying to see if the unmodded version works for you.

I was up to try this one today, but sorry can't do it right now, will do it this evening. Thanks.

I keep you updated.

Edited by pival

thanks mate :)

I know it must be frustrating

If it doesnt work it will be very strange because 175.95 is the official clevo driver.

Oh, by the way, "official clevo driver", can't find them at their website. Where the hell do you get them ? I mean, the download section for VGA for my model lists several VGA drivers, but listed by VGA card. The 8700M GT is from 2007/8/23 and the latest on this page, for the 9800M GT, is from 2008/7/22 (I told myself f*ck this, trying anyway). I tried this one yesterday without any success (ie crashing at CPU test of 3DMark, and UT3 as well)

:)

Edited by pival

the problem could actually not be the graphics card/driver but the cpu??

The CPU test is fine with the older drivers, also I didn't notice anything wrong with the computer which could be caused by the CPU (T9300).

Anyway I might be able to try now, got a chance to do it now.

Allright, done it.

I just uninstalled previous drivers, etc etc, and installed the 175.95 Clevo driver without downloading the modified inf.

BSOD on nv4_disp when I launch the first 3DMark06 test. UT3 just freeze at the first video screen (Game experience may change during online play), comp not responding.

yay :)

Edited by pival

then its definitely not a modded driver issue :)

do u know the driver version that dont BSOD? (the one that came wiht your laptop)

download gpuz and run it and it will tell you the driver version. (once u installed the original driver)

OR upload the INF file to me (the one that came with the original driver) and i can have a good look at it to see if i can fix it for you.

im not giving up on you.

you deserver updated drivers :)

Thanks, it's cool to see such a dedicated community.

Rolling back to my drivers and installing gpuz. Will edit that post.

EDITED! That's damn old.

9fr.png

The GPU sensors indicate 52°C.

And here's the .INF : http://dukenicothegreat.free.fr/nvcv.inf

Thanks for all!

Edited by pival

i have not made one for vista x64 (yet).

Thanks, it's cool to see such a dedicated community.

Rolling back to my drivers and installing gpuz. Will edit that post.

EDITED! That's damn old.

9fr.png

The GPU sensors indicate 52°C.

And here's the .INF : http://dukenicothegreat.free.fr/nvcv.inf

Thanks for all!

checking now, bear with me

ok thanks for giving that inf source.

ive modded it so it will install for driver 177.79 : http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=19829 (grab inf from below: 8700Mgt INF)

ive not added any optimisations/ehancements like my other infs i've done.

if the inf below works then it shows that the new default clevo inf is at fault (the two are different slightly settings).

depending what happens next we'll take it from there.

thanks

Thanks, will check later this evening. I'll keep you updated, as always.

Can you give me any details, technically I mean? I'm interested

Tested, first two 3DMark06 tests went good, but the CPU test failed.

I guess I should update the computer BIOS.

Edited by pival

this is strange.

are you 100% sure that the driver that came with your laptop does not crash at all?

maybe you should contact your seller for an updated bios (system) and video bios (for your card).

i think this is just an isolated "incident" since people who have used my inf have not expereinced issues.

EDIT:

have you tried turning powermizer off in the nvidia control panel.

the default one that comes with your laptop doesnt have it,

you'll have to use mine from the first post to have that option to turn it off.

I'm hella sure. It even beats my other computer's 3DMark06 score :F

I'm gonna try your powermizer hax right now, with the 177.79 driver you gave me and the customized INF.

EDIT: Ok, tested. When I turn powermizer off, the first two tests won't run, causing the BSOD. But when I enable it again, it works fine... for all the tests except the CPU tests and I've got awful bugs in some places of the 1st SM3.0 test. And UT3 won't run as well.

Edited by pival

ok i dont know what to do now:

1) you experience problems with my inf and pieter's, meaning some of the extra stuff we put into the inf may have caused an issue...

2) ... but when i gave you a "original" inf from the driver that doesnt have problem, and just modded it t install on a newer driver... same problems on cpu test..

3.... which means something wrong cpu....

4) ... but then the original driver works perfectly....

5).... which means its the graphics card... but then that paradox's point 4.

so all i can suggest is you go back to your seller and explain your problems/ that you seeked help, and they may take it back and update the bios etc etc.

I'm guessing its the video bios or some kind, needs updating, but speak to ur seller, unless ofcourse you dont mind using an older driver :)

That's damn odd, heh?

I'll be in vacations for one week, then in a Lan Party with 3/4 friends for two weeks, where I'll be using the old driver. After that I'll talk to the seller (they owe me for something so it'll be free I guess), and asking them wtf is happening.

I'll tell you more in... three weeks then :)

Thanks for all !

Guest DasFool

DasFool again. Some findings with my laptop (Sager 5720 w/7800gtx) the original drivers, the old 8x series Nvidia ones seem to give my screen better base colors. With the current Nvidia drivers, the 177.x series ones, it has kind of a washed out look. Also, none of the newer drivers give me a thermal reading. The old 8x series drivers do.

Neither of the problems are a big deal, but it is a little scary running without knowing any temperature readings and slightly annoying having to do a lot of screen configuring to make it look decent.

And I finally registered an account :)

DasFool again. Some findings with my laptop (Sager 5720 w/7800gtx) the original drivers, the old 8x series Nvidia ones seem to give my screen better base colors. With the current Nvidia drivers, the 177.x series ones, it has kind of a washed out look. Also, none of the newer drivers give me a thermal reading. The old 8x series drivers do.

Neither of the problems are a big deal, but it is a little scary running without knowing any temperature readings and slightly annoying having to do a lot of screen configuring to make it look decent.

hi dasfool :)

thanks for registering :)

if you want thermal reading you can install nvidia system tools :http://www.nvidia.com/object/nvidia_system_tools_6.02.html

or use GPUZ.

if you want thermal reading you can install nvidia system tools :http://www.nvidia.com/object/nvidia_system_tools_6.02.html

or use GPUZ.

GPU-Z (under the sensors tab) shows only the sensors for the "GPU Core Clock" and "GPU Memory Clock" on the card, no thermal sensors. Rivatuner shows 0 for the temp which I think means it can't read the sensor.