LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Michael's Modded INF for SigmaTel and IDT Audio

Michael Marley

THIS PROJECT IS DEAD.

You should no longer use this driver. It is unsupported and outdated.

Overview:

Have you ever wanted/needed to update the SigmaTel/IDT audio chipset drivers on your PC? Neither SigmaTel nor IDT distributes a generic driver for these devices, so users must rely on the OEM to update drivers. And the truth is, this happens only rarely. Therefore, I have created a modded INF for the SigmaTel driver, which will allow for the latest version released by any OEM to be installed on any system with a SigmaTel codec. It supports Windows XP and Vista in both the 32 and 64 bit variants. However, right now only Dell laptops are supported. In the next few weeks, I will add support for all other SigmaTel audio devices which I can find. Note that I do not by any means own all of these devices, and therefore I cannot test them. Therefore, I must count on feedback from users in order to fix whatever problems may occur in the INF. To install the drivers, download the file, extract the contents to a folder on your hard disk, and run setup.exe.

Note: This INF is beta, and therefore may or may not work. Later drivers are available than the one on this link, but I have currently been unable to get those to work.

DOWNLOAD

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael Marley

• coolcop06

• Emo

• zog

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, I am using a DELL 1520 with XP 64-bit so I will test this now. I have the Sigmatel 9205.

Edit: It did not work. I used the have disk method and directed it to the modified 64 inf in the WinXP folder, it gave me an error saying that something went wrong during installation but heh I still have sound, not sure what will happens when I reboot though and the driver version hasn't changed yet either.

Edited by Covert

If you tell me the exact error produced and the device and subsystem IDs of your sound card, I can fix the INF. Thanks for trying it out.

Running VISTA x64 with HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7627&SUBSYS_80863001&REV_1002 (IDT High Definition Audio Codec).

Same version as yours (v6.10.5713.7 / 2008-05-06 / http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Des...x?DwnldID=13706 ).

®®®, the INF is only for Windows XP, right now. I may add support for Vista later, once I am able to get a test system.

Neon Genesis, if you send me the device and subsys IDs of your sound card, I can track where the error is coming from, and then fix it.

Dell XPS-M1330... I think you are doing a gooooooood work... Dell audio driver is very bad...

Now I'm trying...

:)

Edited by vitux

Help!

On my xps-m1330 with Sigmatel 9228 audio codec the installation works fine, but control panel applications doesn't work and loses its original name... now it is **IDS_CPL_NAME

The audio signal doesn't go out from both headphone connetcor (only from the second connector) and now i'm unable to set audio output to 5.1 or double stereo (double headphone)...

Jack sensing dosn't work...

Edited by vitux

The XPS M1330 probably uses a different configuration INI than the one included in my archive. I have looked at the downloads page at Dell support for your system, and it appears that there are no XP drivers available for your device. You are running Windows XP, are you not? The lack of an XP driver will make it very tricky to get those extra devices working with the modded INF. Also, what are the Device and Subsys IDs of your sound chip? With those, I can figure out which configuration file I should be looking at.

Thanks, I am using a DELL 1520 with XP 64-bit so I will test this now. I have the Sigmatel 9205.

Edit: It did not work. I used the have disk method and directed it to the modified 64 inf in the WinXP folder, it gave me an error saying that something went wrong during installation but heh I still have sound, not sure what will happens when I reboot though and the driver version hasn't changed yet either.

Yes, its normal because you don't use full manual driver installation... you have to go to manual driver list, so you are able to choose IDT audio driver (not signed)...

The XPS M1330 probably uses a different configuration INI than the one included in my archive. I have looked at the downloads page at Dell support for your system, and it appears that there are no XP drivers available for your device. You are running Windows XP, are you not? The lack of an XP driver will make it very tricky to get those extra devices working with the modded INF. Also, what are the Device and Subsys IDs of your sound chip? With those, I can figure out which configuration file I should be looking at.

Yes, DELL recently remove XP driver but I've a backup... :)

The original driver is ver. 5511... but It has many bugs (stereo mixing and mic controls miss)

My Hardware id: 7616

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_10280209&REV_1002

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_10280209

I've upload inf and ini file of sigmatel 5511 driver (only file where there is specified my HW-ID)... I hope you can modify last intel idt driver for me... Thank you very much!

5511_inf_ini_for_xps1330__sigmatel_9228_.zip

Edited by vitux

Hi,

great job you did!

works fine on Dell D630 with the latest intel driver :)

just to give you some feedback :)

Greetings

Thanks very much, Vitux. I will definitely have a look at this, and see if I can get your special audio features to work properly. I will be busy all morning today though, so it might be a little while.

Thanks to you!! In the past I've tried to MOD this intel audio driver but I've not enough time... I'm going to graduate...

I'll wait your news... :)

Edited by ®®®
Removed Full Quotation of Previous Post

a have the same sound card as the user above.

I downloaded that intel driver you posted, did all the instal as you said, and in the end it gives this message:

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/1648/errowj9.jpg

I get the exact same error as he does.

®®®, the INF is only for Windows XP, right now. I may add support for Vista later, once I am able to get a test system.

Neon Genesis, if you send me the device and subsys IDs of your sound card, I can track where the error is coming from, and then fix it.

still not working after your fix

here it goes what you asked:

SigmaTel STAC9205X @ Intel 82801HBM ICH8M - High Definition Audio Controller [b-0] PCI

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&SUBSYS_10280228&REV_1002\4&CE4CBCD&1&0001

that's it?

Edited by Neon Genesis

My XPS M1530 is using the following SigmaTel Chip/Codec:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_1028022E&REV_1002

but is's running on Vista x32 :-[

but is's running on Vista x32 :-[

Vista 32 and 64 support has arrived. Just look at the first post.

Now it Worked!!!

Thxxxx!! :P

But i dont know if its the best driver for me, because i'm having some problems with the sound in my laptop. When i listen to music or play some games the sound have some scratches, i dont know how to explain, is like when um listen to a damaged CD. I tried a lot of drives the past two weeks, and didnt solve the problem, and seems that i still have the problem with this driver!! :)

The driver i was using before is the one that better solve the problem, but not 100%.

Do you know any other drive for me to test???

thx!!

Edited by Neon Genesis

I don't know of any other drivers to try, but I do recommend that if you have not already, that you disable PowerMizer on your 8600m GT. If that doesn't work, and you have the Dell Wireless card in your laptop, disable Bluetooth Coexist Mode and all wireless bands except the one you use.

I had the following error on my new Dell Latitude. I followed your instructions. Here is the pertinent info on the laptop:

This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

device instance id

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76B2&SUBSYS_1028024F&REV_1003\4&3870D230&0&0001

hardware ids

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76B2&SUBSYS_1028024F&REV_1003

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76B2&SUBSYS_1028024F

compatible ids

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76B2&REV_1003

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76B2

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01

Hope a fix is possible. Thanks in advance for all your help.

JJ

The reason the INF is not working is because your laptop is very new, and the drivers have not yet been released for it on Dell's website. If you have a driver, could you possibly send me all of the INF and INI files within the driver? With this data, I could easily fix up the driver to work perfectly.

I don't know of any other drivers to try, but I do recommend that if you have not already, that you disable PowerMizer on your 8600m GT. If that doesn't work, and you have the Dell Wireless card in your laptop, disable Bluetooth Coexist Mode and all wireless bands except the one you use.

GOD, thx a lot, i did all you said and it solved all my problems!!!

:) :)

Guest Confused

Winrar (and every other zip extraction program I've tried) has thrown a fit when trying to extract the INIs. Could you try re-compressing and re-uploading them?

use 7-Zip