LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Michael's Modded INF for SigmaTel and IDT Audio

Michael Marley

Hi, I'm using a Gateway P-6831FX and Vista HP 64-bit. This driver won't install. Here is the error message I get:

idterroreb6.jpg

Also here is the hardware ID:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76B0&SUBSYS_107B0692&REV_1001

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76B0&SUBSYS_107B0692

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael Marley

• coolcop06

• Emo

• zog

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, I'm using a Gateway P-6831FX

Sorry, right now the driver is for Dells only. I am having enough trouble with them, for the time, so support for other manufacturers will have to wait.

No problem. But if you decide to add support for my particular laptop, I'd be happy to test it out. :)

*EDIT*

NVM, I figured out how to mod the ini's for mine. Got it up and running.

Edited by Boost_

Good job. Its really not all that hard to do when you are just doing it for one PC.

I am pretty sure it is fixed, but for some reason it does not want to upload. Soon I will be getting access to an FTP server I can use, and at that point I will upload it.

I am pretty sure it is fixed, but for some reason it does not want to upload. Soon I will be getting access to an FTP server I can use, and at that point I will upload it.

okay let me know when you get it up. :)

Good job. Its really not all that hard to do when you are just doing it for one PC.

It's a little tricky. Usually you have to mod just one file. In this case I had to mod 3, well 5 to make it work with vista 32 and 64-bit. And if I want to make it work for XP, thats another 4 files for 32/64-bit. So everyone should really appreciate the work you put into this.

For all you Gateway P-6831FX users, I've attached the modded .inf's for our particular laptops. I also fixed it so that the tray icon will show now, and turned on the mic-array boost option.

I have tested this on Vista HP 64-bit, but not 32-bit. If it works for you, please let me/us know.

IDT_Sigmatel_P_6831FX_Vista.zip

Edited by Boost_

The INI file from vista might work. I will need to do some hacking on it, and then you can give it a try.

Here are the ini and inf files from 32-bit Vista. I am looking to run 32-bit XP on this model. Thanks again.

idt.zip

Guest Steve1231

Im trying to do this with a dell 510/ DM051

SIGMATEL STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio Driver

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7680&SUBSYS_102801AB&REV_1032\4&B5B2454&0&0001

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7680&SUBSYS_102801AB&REV_1032

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7680&SUBSYS_102801AB

Im getting the code 10 error as well

Which OS are you running?

Guest Jeremy

I know this set is for Dell laptops but I am having a hell of a time finding sound drivers for my Gateway M-1625.

I have tried driver sets from many different machines with no luck.

Hardware ID(s)

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&SUBSYS_107B0381&REV_1002

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&SUBSYS_107B0381

I have everything working well under XP but the sound.

Does anyone have a recommendation? This is really getting aggrivating.

I have a fix ready, but I cannot seem to upload attachments anymore. Soon, there will be an FTP server to which I can upload files. When that is ready, I will upload the full driver with modded INFs

Jeremy, Gateway will be the next supported brand.

Guest Roberto

You're doing a real good job, but I'm having this error while installing your driver on my new Dell Studio 1535 with Vista:

_ExitError: Error = Object of the dispositive not present. Restart the system and rerun setup.

After the restart the error nothing's solved.

I have another problem with the sound: when I use WIFI (it is turned on with the switch) the sound "scratches". Can I do something in order to use both sound and wifi?

Thanks.

Roberto

I have a fix ready, but I cannot seem to upload attachments anymore. Soon, there will be an FTP server to which I can upload files. When that is ready, I will upload the full driver with modded INFs

Jeremy, Gateway will be the next supported brand.

sweet... thx for ur hard work!

Guest Shakey_Jake33

Excellent stuff with this! I have an m1330 running Vista Home Premium 64-bit, I can confirm that both headphone ports do work, though there is no control panel (should there be one?). I guess the lack of control panel means you can't configure the ports to act as 5.1 audio outputs (unless there's a way to do this in Vista's own sound configuration panel). If I can be of any assistance in ironing out the bugs with this, I'll gladly help.

Roberto, the Dell Studio laptops are not supported yet. The INIs from the driver for the Studio laptops have not yet been integrated into my driver. Additionally, for now, I am having trouble uploading attachments, so no new updates will be available until the new FTP server is up and running.

Shakey_Jake, the control panel does not install due to some odd bug which I have yet to discover. However, this does not in any way prevent you from using it. If you wish to use it, simply doubleclick the "idtsg.cpl"file in the same folder with the drivers for your OS. This should successfully launch the control panel where you should be able to configure 5.1. However, since my laptop does not have support for dual analog outputs (only SP/DIF), I cannot test this.

Guest Guest

Hey!

I'd need the driver for the Studio 1535 (IDT 92HD73C1) for Windows XP (i got all other driver except this one).

I know you don't have it by now, but I'd really appreciate if you'd take a look at it.

I've got my own Server running somewhere in Germany. If you want I'd give you a few hundred megs of FTP or HTTP space and unlimited bandwidth.

Just write me an E-Mail to bwa (at) berniwa.com and i'll give create the account for you.

Best Regards

BWA

The FTP server is being put up by LV2G. But, thanks very much for the offer. As for XP drivers for the Studio 1525, I am working on that. I am not absolutely sure I will be able to port the Vista INIs over to XP, but I sure hope I can.

Guest SteveV1231
Which OS are you running?

Windows Xp pro SP3

Im trying to do this with a dell 510/ DM051

SIGMATEL STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio Driver

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7680&SUBSYS_102801AB&REV_1032\4&B5B2454&0&0001

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7680&SUBSYS_102801AB&REV_1032

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7680&SUBSYS_102801AB

Im getting the code 10 error as well

Guest rafucho
Hey I'll be around and wait for the Studio 1535 drivers for Vista Home Premium x64!

Thanks for this incredible posts and help

Cheers,

Rafa

BTW here are my Hardware ID's

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7675&SUBSYS_10280254&REV_1002

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7675&SUBSYS_10280254

Dell Studio 1535 running Vista Home Premium x64, I don't really know what IDT Device it is..

Guest Guest

Hi there,

I've got the same issue with studio 1535 audio on xp. Can't find drivers that seem to work in xp anywhere. It's really frustrating, because like the other poster, I managed to find drivers for everything else after hours of searching (dell doesn't seem to like people installing xp on a 'vista laptop').

So I'll be watching the thread too, in the hope that you might find some time to find a solution. Likewise, if I find something (which isn't likely since I'm pretty ignorant in these matters) I'll post it too.