LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Michael's Modded INF for SigmaTel and IDT Audio

Michael Marley

The Studio series currently isn't supported. It is based off of a newer chipset which the modded drivers do not support (even with modding.) Also, there is no INI available for those chips on the XP platform, so at the current point it is not possible to have sound with XP on your laptop. Sorry...

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael Marley

• coolcop06

• Emo

• zog

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so what can u recommend me! what should i do?do u think that dell will solve this problem with xp sp3 OS? could u remade drivers from vista to xp?? i can send u all drivers that i have for this dell studio 1535! are this possible!?!

Edited by VicX

Guest Jed 104

Hi, I would really appreciate some help here. I have a Dell XPS M1530 with a Sigmatel/IDT soundcard unfortunately. Is there any type of driver, inf file, or mod that will enable the wave record function on this soundcard?

I'm amazed at the amount of people who have got this problem but have no soultion on such a high spec laptop...

Many thanks in advance,

Jed

I am not exactly sure what you mean by the "wave record function." What is it that you are trying to do?

I think he means stereo mix, the only way I got it working was by installing Dell's audio drivers for XP in XP compatibility mode under vista

Oh. I am not aware of how to get stereo mix working, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I?m new here and have looked thru some posts,

Here and not able to find a working link to

IDT/SigmaTel Audio Driver.

I have a Gateway FX 6831 Dual booting

Windows XP Pro with Windows XP 64 bit.

I managed to find all drivers for Windows XP,

And all the Drivers For XP 64 except for the Audio Driver.

Does anyone know where I can find one?

:)

I have a new Inspiron 1318 that only supports Vista. I installed XP and got all the drivers EXCEPT for this audio driver, a IDT 9228. Whenever I try to install your driver (and others) it says : asdfyi1.jpg

Any help at all would be appreciated here is some info :

Device Instance ID

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_10280286&REV_1004\4&358E9598&0&0001

Hardware IDs

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_10280286&REV_1004

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_10280286

Compatible IDs

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&REV_1004

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01

ConfigFlags

CONFIGFLAG_FAILEDINSTALL

Hello Micheal, any hope of you resolving the problems with this model. I appreciate you are busy but some help with this one will be appreciated. Also the HOWTO on making drivers compatible would be a huge additions o that others might be able to contribute and reduce the burden on you.

Great work so far......

Hi everyone,

Thought i would contribute to this thread by adding a working XP driver for the Inspiron 1318 and might work for many other models too becuase it is the generic STAC92XX driver.

URL http://ftp.us.dell.com/audio/R153908.EXE

Hope this helps someone. I know Allen626 might find this useful.

so what can u recommend me! what should i do?do u think that dell will solve this problem with xp sp3 OS? could u remade drivers from vista to xp?? i can send u all drivers that i have for this dell studio 1535! are this possible!?!

The only realistic solution would be to purchase another sound card for your laptop, like the X-Fi XtremeAudio that goes in the ExpressCard slot.

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 9300, with the SigmaTel STAC 975X C-Major audio chipset. It is not the "HD" audio chipset.

Has anyone been able to get the IDT drivers working with this under Vista? or at least any up to date drive that allows proper handling of S/PDIF for Dolby Digital etc?

When I try to run the setup it fails, so here are the details of the hardware:

Device Description

SigmaTel C-Major Audio

Hardware IDs

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E&SUBSYS_01891028&REV_03

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E&SUBSYS_01891028

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E&CC_040100

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E&CC_0401

Compatible IDs

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E&REV_03

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E

PCI\VEN_8086&CC_040100

PCI\VEN_8086&CC_0401

PCI\VEN_8086

PCI\CC_040100

PCI\CC_0401

Device instance Path

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E&SUBSYS_01891028&REV_03\3&18D45AA6&0&F2

many thanks

This laptop is an older model, and uses the AC97 standard instead of HD Audio. Therefore, it is impossible (even after modding) to install these drivers on your laptop. Sorry.

Hi, i have Hp pavilion dv7-1175nr , i downgraded from vista to windows xp sp3 x32 i found all drivers except the audio driver (IDT high definition ). I found couple of drivers on the net but i can`t seem to get them working... it tells me an error occurred while installing the driver... any help?

Guest sangn431
Sorry, right now the driver is for Dells only. I am having enough trouble with them, for the time, so support for other manufacturers will have to wait.

Hi Michael Marley,

First, awesome work!

I have an old VAIO VGN-SZ120PB (XP Pro, SigmaTel STAC7661, T2400 Core Duo). I upgraded the CPU to a T7200 Core 2 Duo so I can install Win XP Pro 64-bit. As with other fellas, I can't seem to get the SigmaTel High-Definition Audio Driver driver to work (the usual Code 10). I have tried over 50 downloads (lost count) and almost 3 weeks later: no luck.

Can you point me to the right direction as to how to hack the driver files (say from a STAC92xx) so it'll work for my SigmaTel STAC7661 hardware. Any literature, How-To's, instructions, links, etc. are greatly appreciated. Thanks, Michael; and please keep up the good work!

My device info is as follows:

Device Instance Id:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7661&SUBSYS_104D0700&REV_1042\4&782A47B&6&0001

Hardware Ids:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7661&SUBSYS_104D0700&REV_1042

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7661&SUBSYS_104D0700

Looking forwards to hearing from you...

Dear all,

I was reading this thread and the two things that came to my mind (two questions)

(1) how can I get the "device instance ID" like "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7661&SUBSYS_104D0700&REV_1042\4&782A47B&6&0001" for my device if I do not know what device it is ? Any hints ?

(2) is there any tutorial on how to mod the drivers so that they install correctly? I am running XP on dv3510nr and there is no sound at all ... I could instal drivers under XP 64 bit but then had problems with other drivers. Decided to move to 32 bit and got problems with sound only.

Thanks

Marek

----------

EDIT:

Ad. 1 - I found the Hardware ID:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76B2&SUBSYS_103C1505&REV_1003\4&368C46A3&0&0001

I have Vista compatible drivers (can upload/send if needed). Is there any way to make them compatible with XP32 bit ?

regards

Marek

Edited by Marek Hajduczenia

Thanks man. I was looking for the Sigma Tel dirvers for long. Glad to have found someone who has finally done this. I have successfully installed it. The reason i was looking for sigma tel dirvers was for Call of Duty world at war. As it has issues with the sound cards and keeps crashing. I hope this fixes the issues. :)

Thanks for you work and I have two questions

My DELL Vostro 1400 has two earphone output, I installed your driver,when I use the left one,it's no VOL output, when I use the right one it's have no problem.

Could you please solves this problem?

I use Windows xp, the driver don't have control panel cpl, I copy idtsg.cpl file at Vista's folder into system32/,it's seems to be working,why driver of xp don't include cpl file?

Sorry... My English is not very well。

here is the inf file from Dell official driver。

Thanks again:)

STHDA.INF

So when you use the left output, there is no sound, but the right one is OK?

So when you use the left output, there is no sound, but the right one is OK?

Yes,when I use left output,the Internal speaker is mute as normal,but left output are no sound

the right one is OK。

• 2 weeks later...

I installed your driver on my Vostro 1500 without any apparent problems except for one.

The problem is that when I plug in my microphone it is recognized as being plugged in on the Control Panel yet no sound is transmitted unless I reboot my system with the microphone plugged in. Only a minor annoyance but I would appreciate it if there was a way to fix it.

Thanks for all of your work.

Which OS do you run? I never had any problems like that on my Vostro 1500.

Try disabling the line-in jack, rebooting the computer, and re-enabling the line-in jack.