LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Michael's Modded INF for SigmaTel and IDT Audio

Michael Marley

Guest Confused

Winrar output:

! C:\Users\matthews\Desktop\Modded_INF_files_Vista.zip: Unknown method in STWRT.INF

! C:\Users\matthews\Desktop\Modded_INF_files_Vista.zip: Unknown method in Stwrt.ini

! C:\Users\matthews\Desktop\Modded_INF_files_Vista.zip: Unknown method in STWRT64.INF

! C:\Users\matthews\Desktop\Modded_INF_files_Vista.zip: Unknown method in stwrt64.ini

! C:\Users\matthews\Desktop\Modded_INF_files_Vista.zip: Unknown method in WRTNO2-8.INI

! C:\Users\matthews\Desktop\Modded_INF_files_Vista.zip: Unknown method in WRTNO4-2.INI

! C:\Users\matthews\Desktop\Modded_INF_files_Vista.zip: Unknown method in WRTNO4-3.INI

! C:\Users\matthews\Desktop\Modded_INF_files_Vista.zip: Unknown method in WRTNO4-7.INI

! C:\Users\matthews\Desktop\Modded_INF_files_Vista.zip: Unknown method in WRT_M2-1.INI

! C:\Users\matthews\Desktop\Modded_INF_files_Vista.zip: Unknown method in WRT_M2-2.INI

! C:\Users\matthews\Desktop\Modded_INF_files_Vista.zip: Unknown method in WRT_M2-3.INI

! C:\Users\matthews\Desktop\Modded_INF_files_Vista.zip: Unknown method in WRT_M2-4.INI

! C:\Users\matthews\Desktop\Modded_INF_files_Vista.zip: Unknown method in WRT_M2-5.INI

! C:\Users\matthews\Desktop\Modded_INF_files_Vista.zip: Unknown method in WRT_M2-6.INI

! C:\Users\matthews\Desktop\Modded_INF_files_Vista.zip: Unknown method in WRT_M2-7.INI

! C:\Users\matthews\Desktop\Modded_INF_files_Vista.zip: Unknown method in WRT_M2-8.INI

! C:\Users\matthews\Desktop\Modded_INF_files_Vista.zip: Unknown method in WRT_M2-9.INI

! C:\Users\matthews\Desktop\Modded_INF_files_Vista.zip: Unknown method in WRT_M4-2.INI

! C:\Users\matthews\Desktop\Modded_INF_files_Vista.zip: Unknown method in WRT_M4-3.INI

! C:\Users\matthews\Desktop\Modded_INF_files_Vista.zip: Unknown method in WRT_M4-4.INI

! C:\Users\matthews\Desktop\Modded_INF_files_Vista.zip: Unknown method in WRT_M4-7.INI

! C:\Users\matthews\Desktop\Modded_INF_files_Vista.zip: Unknown method in WRT_M4-8.INI

! C:\Users\matthews\Desktop\Modded_INF_files_Vista.zip: Unknown method in WRT_M8-1.INI

! C:\Users\matthews\Desktop\Modded_INF_files_Vista.zip: Unknown method in WRT_M8-2.INI

! C:\Users\matthews\Desktop\Modded_INF_files_Vista.zip: Unknown method in WRT_M8-3.INI

! C:\Users\matthews\Desktop\Modded_INF_files_Vista.zip: Unknown method in WRT_M8-4.INI

! C:\Users\matthews\Desktop\Modded_INF_files_Vista.zip: Unknown method in WRT_M8-5.INI

! C:\Users\matthews\Desktop\Modded_INF_files_Vista.zip: Unknown method in WRT_M8-6.INI

! C:\Users\matthews\Desktop\Modded_INF_files_Vista.zip: Unknown method in WRT_M8-7.INI

! C:\Users\matthews\Desktop\Modded_INF_files_Vista.zip: Unknown method in WRT_M8-8.INI

! C:\Users\matthews\Desktop\Modded_INF_files_Vista.zip: No files to extract

7-zip's command line version was what I was talking about. It seemed to dislike powershell for some reason, but ran fine in cmd.exe. Anyway, still shouldn't happen if it's a standard zip.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael Marley

• coolcop06

• Emo

• zog

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have you tried re-downloading them? 7-zip has no problem decompressing the file on my system.

This driver is for Vista only, and I like to keep my XP and Vista drivers the same version.

Confused, I must use the advanced compression algorithm of 7zip. Otherwise, the data would not fit within the maximum attachment size.

Guest Guest

i know...but if you could update the infs in that driver it would be really nice :)

it would offer newer drivers to vista users. only if you have the time for this version

yeah... uncompressed they are 34MB :P

only if you have time :)

Its not a time thing. It is just much more complicated to maintain two separate versions of the INF for two separate drivers at the same time, especially considering that I plan to add many more models to all the INFs very soon.

Guest Guest

that new dell driver seems to come with a couple of new functions a volume control application... you should take a look at it though, maybe bring those to the current version driver?

The e6500 only came with Vista drivers. I need XP to work. Do you want to see the inf and ini files for Vista? Thanks again.

The INI file from vista might work. I will need to do some hacking on it, and then you can give it a try.

Thanks! I will test out the new driver, and update the links.

EDIT: I tried out the new drivers, and I always get a Code 10 error, so for now I will leave the link as is. I think the reason it is not working is because the driver was originally intended for such a small number of Intel boards, maybe the driver itself has something different about it making it incompatible with other systems.

Guest Guest
Thanks! I will test out the new driver, and update the links.

EDIT: I tried out the new drivers, and I always get a Code 10 error, so for now I will leave the link as is. I think the reason it is not working is because the driver was originally intended for such a small number of Intel boards, maybe the driver itself has something different about it making it incompatible with other systems.

I think those drivers support all the chips listed on http://www.idt.com/?catID=18442402, but the new INI files are somewhat different to the older Sigmatel INI files and dont seem to be compatible

I have installed the new drivers on my XPS1530 STAC9228 by modifying the INF files so that one of the INI files for the STAC9227 are used. It works OK however the jack assignments and jack autodetection is wrong since the INI files are designed for desktop boards with 3+ rear jacks and 2+ front jacks.

For the INI file I used:

The first speaker/HP jack works

Mic jack works but auto detection doesnt work properly.

Internal mic array works.

The second speaker/HP jack is mapped to the sub/LFE channel.

Stereo Mix and the EQ also work.

ASIO and the various Dolby features are not enabled

No HDMI

I just checked, and the INF files provided with the two versions of the Intel IDT drivers are exactly the same. I tried modding the old Sigmatel INIs from the Dell drivers so that all of the generic configuration data was the same, but still no luck. I am going to wait until the next driver release and try again.

i have and xps m1530... used the modded inf for vista and dled the drivers from intel... and i get an error code 10.

i have a sigmatel card and thats what i was wondering... can you use the idt driver?

You theoretically should be able to use the IDT driver on SigmaTel cards, because the IDT driver is really a re-branded SigmaTel driver. (IDT bought SigmaTel's computer audio division.) If you send me the Device and Subsystem IDs of your soundcard I will work on it.

i see... thanks for the explanation...

yea i tried reinstalling just for the hell of it and same thing... error code 10.

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_1028022E&REV_1002

thats the hardware id... let me know if that helps... btw im using vista x32... specs on left

i see... thanks for the explanation...

yea i tried reinstalling just for the hell of it and same thing... error code 10.

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_1028022E&REV_1002

thats the hardware id... let me know if that helps... btw im using vista x32... specs on left

i have the same computer. i downloaded the IDT driver from intel's website, copied the modified Michael's modified infs in the WDM folder and installed. worked perfectly!

(i am using 64-bit Vista though :) )

That would be why. Maybe I made a goof-up in the 32-bit INF only. (My only test system is 64-bit.) I will have a look at this, and release the fix tomorrow.

Hi there!

I have the updated driver from Gateway(Acer has just taken over the whole company T_T)

Everything works fine but no stereo mix. I've just uploaded the inf. Can you help me Michael?

I'm using vista ultimate 32 bit

Sigmatel_6.10.5337.0.zip

Edited by vnzorro

i am using winxp, it dones't work. xps 1530.

same as coolcop06

mm i see so it seems to be a x32 thing...

vnzorro, right now this driver is only for Dells. I may expand support later, though.

Coolcop and 1530, I am still looking at this problem, and I will fix it soon. I am sorry. All my computers with SigmaTel audio are 64-bit.

vnzorro, right now this driver is only for Dells. I may expand support later, though.

Coolcop and 1530, I am still looking at this problem, and I will fix it soon. I am sorry. All my computers with SigmaTel audio are 64-bit.

its alright.... no rush....