• Video Card:NVIDIA Card N/A
  • Operating System:Linux (Other)

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:41 PM

Which OS are you running?

#62 Guest_Jeremy_*

Guest_Jeremy_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:24 PM

I know this set is for Dell laptops but I am having a hell of a time finding sound drivers for my Gateway M-1625.

I have tried driver sets from many different machines with no luck.

Hardware ID(s)
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&SUBSYS_107B0381&REV_1002
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&SUBSYS_107B0381

I have everything working well under XP but the sound.

Does anyone have a recommendation? This is really getting aggrivating.

#63 coolcop06

coolcop06

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

• Brand:Other or Custombuild
  • Model:See "Desktop Custom Build"
  • Resolution:Nothing Selected
  • Operating System:Win7 Professional x64

Posted 27 July 2008 - 02:30 AM

for are the inf's fixed for my 1530 on x32??

#64 Michael Marley

Michael Marley

Banned

• 1,886 posts

• Brand:Lenovo
  • Model:ThinkPad T530
  • Resolution:1920x1080 (HD 1080)

Posted 27 July 2008 - 10:42 AM

I have a fix ready, but I cannot seem to upload attachments anymore. Soon, there will be an FTP server to which I can upload files. When that is ready, I will upload the full driver with modded INFs

Jeremy, Gateway will be the next supported brand.

#65 Guest_Roberto_*

Guest_Roberto_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2008 - 11:28 AM

You're doing a real good job, but I'm having this error while installing your driver on my new Dell Studio 1535 with Vista:
_ExitError: Error = Object of the dispositive not present. Restart the system and rerun setup.

After the restart the error nothing's solved.

I have another problem with the sound: when I use WIFI (it is turned on with the switch) the sound "scratches". Can I do something in order to use both sound and wifi?

Thanks.
Roberto

#66 coolcop06

coolcop06

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 05:07 PM

I have a fix ready, but I cannot seem to upload attachments anymore. Soon, there will be an FTP server to which I can upload files. When that is ready, I will upload the full driver with modded INFs

Jeremy, Gateway will be the next supported brand.

sweet... thx for ur hard work!

#67 Guest_Shakey_Jake33_*

Guest_Shakey_Jake33_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2008 - 06:08 AM

Excellent stuff with this! I have an m1330 running Vista Home Premium 64-bit, I can confirm that both headphone ports do work, though there is no control panel (should there be one?). I guess the lack of control panel means you can't configure the ports to act as 5.1 audio outputs (unless there's a way to do this in Vista's own sound configuration panel). If I can be of any assistance in ironing out the bugs with this, I'll gladly help.

#68 Guest_Shakey_Jake33_*

Guest_Shakey_Jake33_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2008 - 06:18 AM

Sorry for the double post, just wanted to confirm that sound output over HDMI works on the m1330.

#69 Michael Marley

Michael Marley

Banned

• 1,886 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 07:26 AM

Roberto, the Dell Studio laptops are not supported yet. The INIs from the driver for the Studio laptops have not yet been integrated into my driver. Additionally, for now, I am having trouble uploading attachments, so no new updates will be available until the new FTP server is up and running.

Shakey_Jake, the control panel does not install due to some odd bug which I have yet to discover. However, this does not in any way prevent you from using it. If you wish to use it, simply doubleclick the "idtsg.cpl"file in the same folder with the drivers for your OS. This should successfully launch the control panel where you should be able to configure 5.1. However, since my laptop does not have support for dual analog outputs (only SP/DIF), I cannot test this.

#70 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:07 AM

Hey!

I'd need the driver for the Studio 1535 (IDT 92HD73C1) for Windows XP (i got all other driver except this one).
I know you don't have it by now, but I'd really appreciate if you'd take a look at it.

I've got my own Server running somewhere in Germany. If you want I'd give you a few hundred megs of FTP or HTTP space and unlimited bandwidth.

Just write me an E-Mail to bwa (at) berniwa.com and i'll give create the account for you.

Best Regards
BWA

#71 Michael Marley

Michael Marley

Banned

• 1,886 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 05:09 PM

The FTP server is being put up by LV2G. But, thanks very much for the offer. As for XP drivers for the Studio 1525, I am working on that. I am not absolutely sure I will be able to port the Vista INIs over to XP, but I sure hope I can.

#72 Guest_SteveV1231_*

Guest_SteveV1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:58 PM

Which OS are you running?

Windows Xp pro SP3

Im trying to do this with a dell 510/ DM051

SIGMATEL STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio Driver

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7680&SUBSYS_102801AB&REV_1032\4&B5B2454&0&0001

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7680&SUBSYS_102801AB&REV_1032
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7680&SUBSYS_102801AB

Im getting the code 10 error as well

#73 Guest_rafucho_*

Guest_rafucho_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:30 PM

Hey I'll be around and wait for the Studio 1535 drivers for Vista Home Premium x64!
Thanks for this incredible posts and help

Cheers,

Rafa

#74 Guest_rafucho_*

Guest_rafucho_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:32 PM

Hey I'll be around and wait for the Studio 1535 drivers for Vista Home Premium x64!

Cheers,

Rafa

BTW here are my Hardware ID's

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7675&SUBSYS_10280254&REV_1002
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7675&SUBSYS_10280254

Dell Studio 1535 running Vista Home Premium x64, I don't really know what IDT Device it is..

#75 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:31 AM

Hi there,

I've got the same issue with studio 1535 audio on xp. Can't find drivers that seem to work in xp anywhere. It's really frustrating, because like the other poster, I managed to find drivers for everything else after hours of searching (dell doesn't seem to like people installing xp on a 'vista laptop').

So I'll be watching the thread too, in the hope that you might find some time to find a solution. Likewise, if I find something (which isn't likely since I'm pretty ignorant in these matters) I'll post it too.

#76 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:04 AM

Yeah^^

Just use the HP wifi driver on your DELL =)

What graphic driver did you use??

greets bwa

#77 Michael Marley

Michael Marley

Banned

• 1,886 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:08 AM

Just use the HP wifi driver on your DELL =)

This post is about sound drivers, not wireless drivers? I believe both Intel and Broadcom provide generic drivers for their Wlan products, and if not, they are surely available at Station-Drivers.com. These versions are most likely later than those provided by an OEM

I have been comparing the Vista and XP INIs, and with a small amount of tinkering, I should be able to get them to install on XP. However, this will have to wait until I get the FTP server access I have been talking about. Then, I will upload full drivers rather than .zip files full of INFs and INIs.

#78 Guest_Guest Hassan_*

Guest_Guest Hassan_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:33 AM

Just to identify myself, as i'm currently a 'guest' on here, I'm the one who posted earlier today about the studio 1535.

Yeah, as Michael said, I'm looking for audio drivers, like everyone else on this thread - not wifi.

With regards to graphics driver, I downloaded it from here:
http://game.amd.com/...aiwradeonxip-xp

I was so surprised when it worked, since every other attempt at installing ati drivers on xp locked up the system completely, but there you go. I only installed the display driver, not the catalyst control centre, so I don't know whether all the options are there, such as hdmi output etc. But it's better than what I had before, which was nothing.

Thanks for having a look Michael, I really appreciate it. The laptop arrived earlier this week, and I've been dying to get on with some HD editing on it to see what it's like, but the lack of working sound has rendered it (no pun intended) almost useless.

Obviously its partly my fault for not doing my full research and checking whether drivers for xp were available in advance before wiping vista and installing xp, but I'm really comfortable with xp and just don't have the time to accustom to vista for now.

Anyway, cheers in advance!

Hassan

#79 Guest_Guest Hassan_*

Guest_Guest Hassan_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:54 AM

Cheers,

Rafa

Excuse me if I'm being really dense, but don't the drivers for vista 64 on the dell website work? My problem, and BWA's problem is that xp drivers don't exist. But dell already has vista 32 and vista 64 drivers on its driver downloads website?

#80 coolcop06

coolcop06

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 09:36 PM

any projected date on when ur server is gonna be up...
cause ive been waiting ever so patiently for these drivers :)
hahaha