LaptopVideo2Go Forums

PhysX v8.07.18

mobilenvidia

7 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael Marley

• Prasad007

• alexdino

• darkck

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have the same problem as the member Adolfotregosa. How do you go? Sorry Google Translation:)

I am not sure why you have this problem, but you should try the 3DMark Vantage Physics test. When I compared the CPU ops with PhysX off and on, it was 5 and 25, respectively. Quite a difference?

Ok. I have done it. I have the driver 177.39 64bit and the Physx 9.07.18 installed. It also works with 3dmarkVantage06 33OPS and cpu score 9043rd Super. But with the drivers 177.79 64bit remains the black image in 3dmarkvantage06 physx test.

Guest Hannes The Hun

on my XPS M1530 running XP 32bit, the 177.79 geforce drivers allow me to use PhysX GPU support with this PhysX driver on my 8600 GT.

it doesn't matter if the panel shows "no nvidia PhysX processor installed" as this only means no ageia add-on card/coprocessor is found. everything's alright as long as you can select the "GeForce PhysX" hardware device on the other screen. just look on your CPU and GPU load when starting the demos: with geForce PhysX enabled, your GPU frequencies should go up to the max, while "No Acceleration" gives you maximum CPU load and only moderate GPU load. of course, if you have a really fast CPU, you won't notice any difference in speed while running the demos with the different settings.

alas, I can't give any hints for Vista since I hate this OS :)

It appears to be a hit-and-miss thing. You could try it, though.

it says GeForce PhysX is enabled, but when i try to play a demo i get htis error message

"Direct X9.0 installed (589824). Requires 9.0c (October 2006) or later."

But in my Nvidia Control Panel says i have Direct X 10.0...

does anyone know whats going on here?

Guest Guest

For those who works, do you find any difference in game before and after activate the physx? I have a 8600m GT and currently using the 177.66 as well, the physx driver did work but I don't see any differences having it or not.

No, but this is because I have no games that use PhysX. I do notice quite an improvement in 3Dmark Vantage.

I have 1 game that's PhysX enabled. The ONLY thing I've noticed is it seems a bit less "laggy" in areas with alot of movement and nothing more. I can't quite put my finger on the truth. It "could" just be wishful thinking on my part. :)

Some say the psychological value is the important part. hahahaha

Got 100 points more on 3DMark Vantage with my Quadro FX 1600M, it's about 6%.

IF THE PHYSX DEMOS ARE WORKING THEN YOU ARE USING ACCELERATION JUST FYI!

As some of you have noticed it says "No AGEIA PHYSX INSTALLED"

But below it says "PhysX Processor"

That means you don't have the AGEIA processor, but it is using your video card for acceleration! It IS working! if it did not detect you had an nVidia card it would not let you use acceleration!

What cannot be done on the video card (e.g. too much load on the GPU from some video intesive program) will be moved to your CPU instead, very likely if you don't have SLi.

Edited by Covert

Guest Guest

erm i have 8800mgtxsli and my vista is on 177.79 and the geforce physx option is available and it works but on xp wif 175.32 the option is greyed out.. is it becos of the driver version?

Guest Guest

177.79 gives poor performance for me. dont type as if ur so smart. OMG JUST READ THE PREVIOUS POSTS why not you try giving suggestions or answering the questions instead

Hi all! :)

This is a quite interesting driver.

It has changed my "AGEIA PhysX" application to "NIVIDIA PhysX", but it's OK it doesn't matter.

But the problem is that I can't select "AGEIA PhysX" in the settings (because I do have an PPU card AGEIA PhysX as explained in my profile): when I clicked on "apply", I had a error message that tell me that I have to run this application/this control panel as an administrator, otherwise it can't save my changes into the registry.

Nevertheless, I do have administrator's rights (I can run any other application i want as an administrator)!

So I tried everything but nothing work... that really sucks!, doesn't it?

So, I was wondering if you guys would help me and tell me how to run this control panel as an adminsitrator!

PS: I use Windows Vista Ultimate - 32 bits.

PSS: I'm french, so please use an simple language and I apologize for any mistakes I would have done^^

Edited by Mackovich

Hi all! :)

This is a quite interesting driver.

It has changed my "AGEIA PhysX" application to "NIVIDIA PhysX", but it's OK it doesn't matter.

But the problem is that I can't select "AGEIA PhysX" in the settings (because I do have an PPU card AGEIA PhysX as explained in my profile): when I clicked on "apply", I had a error message that tell me that I have to run this application/this control panel as an administrator, otherwise it can't save my changes into the registry.

Nevertheless, I do have administrator's rights (I can run any other application i want as an administrator)!

So I tried everything but nothing work... that really sucks!, doesn't it?

So, I was wondering if you guys would help me and tell me how to run this control panel as an adminsitrator!

PS: I use Windows Vista Ultimate - 32 bits.

PSS: I'm french, so please use an simple language and I apologize for any mistakes I would have done^^

Create a shortcut to "PhysX.cpl" (e.g. can be found in "C:\Windows\" folder) and set it to "Run as administrator" (in "Advance Properties" window).

on my XPS M1530 running XP 32bit, the 177.79 geforce drivers allow me to use PhysX GPU support with this PhysX driver on my 8600 GT.

it doesn't matter if the panel shows "no nvidia PhysX processor installed" as this only means no ageia add-on card/coprocessor is found. everything's alright as long as you can select the "GeForce PhysX" hardware device on the other screen. just look on your CPU and GPU load when starting the demos: with geForce PhysX enabled, your GPU frequencies should go up to the max, while "No Acceleration" gives you maximum CPU load and only moderate GPU load. of course, if you have a really fast CPU, you won't notice any difference in speed while running the demos with the different settings.

You could download PhysX SDK 2.8.1 and run PhysX test applications. Some test applications shows (in text e.g. "hardware" or "software") if the PhysX functions being accelerated by hardware (e.g. PPU or GPU) or by software (e.g. CPU).

Edited by rvalencia

Guest Guest

i having the same problem too~ haiz... >.<