LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v180.43 Windows Vista 64bit | NVIDIA - Far Cry II

mobilenvidia

it doesn't look like something wrong with the inf, but I am not sure...

I am unable to use 32 bit (high color) at my max resolution of 1440x900. 32 bit color is available for every resolution except the max. any suggestions as to what is up?

running a quadro NVS 160M in the dell latitude e6500. any help would be useful. as a note :: 180.10 worked fine on the color/resolution level.

Edited by veritas72

it doesn't look like something wrong with the inf, but I am not sure...

I am unable to use 32 bit (high color) at my max resolution of 1440x900. 32 bit color is available for every resolution except the max. any suggestions as to what is up?

running a quadro NVS 160M in the dell latitude e6500. any help would be useful. as a note :: 180.10 worked fine on the color/resolution level.

Makes Farcry 2 work alot better but unfortunately kills my blu ray playback so had to revert back to 176.22, gives me back blu ray but Farcry 2 not so great.

Any news on a new driver that will support an 8800m GTS properly coming any time soon. Love the performance increase of the new drivers but obviously want my Blu ray to work.

I don't know why, but on my Alienware m9750, It forces me to go into SLI mode now. Far Cry 2 performs breat and I don't mind it, but when I tried playing Team Fortress 2 or any other source engine games, the frame rate drops sinifigantly with SLI on. I tried playing TF2 with the SLI Disabled, but every time I try, the whole computer will lock up once I enter a Server. I also tried playing Far Cry 2 without the SLI and it crashes the program. Its as if the driver disabled the no SLI option.

My Computer Specs

Alienware m9750

Vista 64 U

4 Gigs Ram

Dual Core 2.14

8700m GT 512 x2 SLI

Not this is a good solution in all cases, but you might try using SLI-AA since it works differently than SLI. Both GPUs will be rendering the same frame as if it were the single GPU @ 4AA giving you 8x Multi-Sampling and 2x Super-Sampling. I know you'll be able to run Valve's games, my pair of 8600m GT do.

ASUS G50V series Duo@2.4ghz

GF 9800M GT

Vista Ultimate 64bit

seemed to resolve the problem but display driver crashed and recovered again

less frequently then frequently again. :) Played Atlantica and it crashed. WC 3 seems to work out fine though

I still cannot get either this or the 180.44 driver to install properly on the NVS 160M -- and 180.10, although it installs properly seems to corrupt the sensors or actually make the card overheat, not sure which.

works perfect for me.

Tested games: Grid, Max Payne 1, Max Payne 2, Doom3 + Classic Doom 1.1 mod, Company of Heroes : Opposing Fronts 2.301 patched.

The only game that is not workig for me (but its all the same with older drivers) : Aliens versus Predator (looks like its nvidia fault)