LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Atheros drivers galore

mobilenvidia

Sarvatt is da man :)

Found these drivers for us to enjoy.

Once again we can enjoy the latest drivers on the planet.

v7.6.1.111 Vista x86/x64

v7.6.1.122 Vista x86/x64

v7.6.1.140 WinXP x86/x64

v7.6.1.149 WinXP x86/x64

What is this exactly ? Atheros ? Is it a WLAN driver ? And is it meant on any laptop ? Mine ?

Anyone with an Atheros WLAN card be it Notebook, PCI, USB will know what it is.

If you didn't know then chances are you do not have an Atheros based WLAN card :)

Dell use Broadcom and Intel based WLAN cards so chances are unless you bought new card (as I have) then you need not worry.

Sager, not sure on their main WLAN brand, could be anyone, depending on time of purchase

But keep an eye on when I post Broadcom bla bla si out :) (did a couple of weeks ago)

Ok thanks! My wireless is by Intel... so not Atheros. :)

Ok thanks! My wireless is by Intel... so not Atheros. :)

Intel makes the best wireless cards. By a long shot. I have never had a single bit of trouble with them.

Haven't been keeping up with the windows side of things with my card. I know I can update my drivers but are any of you using the Atheros Client Utility (ACU) to manage your wireless? If so, what is the latest version you know of? I find that the utility finds more AP's than the default windows program.

The ACU version I currently have is very old: 4.1.1.231

Edit: Just spotted this: http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/Other-DRI...ty-520125.shtml . Still though, its about 1.5 years old.

Haven't been keeping up with the windows side of things with my card. I know I can update my drivers but are any of you using the Atheros Client Utility (ACU) to manage your wireless? If so, what is the latest version you know of? I find that the utility finds more AP's than the default windows program.

The ACU version I currently have is very old: 4.1.1.231

Edit: Just spotted this: http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/Other-DRI...ty-520125.shtml . Still though, its about 1.5 years old.

Greetings stranger.

7.6.0.239 has a ACU included for XP give this ago.

Link is in Vista section as it's a combined driver I can't extract the files from

Greetings stranger.

7.6.0.239 has a ACU included for XP give this ago.

Link is in Vista section as it's a combined driver I can't extract the files from

Haha, now I'm a stranger eh? What can I say, I'm not that interested in drivers anymore; I like playing directly with the hardware.

Anyway, yeah I couldn't directly get the ACU either and was forced to install both the driver and ACU into XP. Unfortunately, I may have temporarily borked my Windows install. The ACU works just fine but any time I click a 7zip exe I bluescreen. Oh well, I won't be back home for another 30 minutes but I will post a fix for anyone else interested. I don't use windows restore so this one will be interesting.

It's good to have you around anyways :)

Borked your Windows, strange, I installed it to get the 64bit Vista version out and no such luck for me but ofcourse Atheros still have no CU for vista yet.

Wonder if they will get round to it, before Windows 7 is out?

Nah Pieter, it was only slightly borked. I haven't been on Windows in awhile. I was confusing some new problems with Atheros with some limitations of my setup. I have most of my files on my ext3 mounted drive and I can't run executables from it. Anyway, the only problem with the drivers was there was no option to just install the ACU so I had to install the driver too. And the driver installed some athgina dll which changes the way windows acts. I removed it from the registry though so I'm cool now. I also reinstalled my previous driver. So now I have my "old" 7.6.1.149 driver and the 7.0.1.112 ACU. Great.

Good to hear all is well :)