LaptopVideo2Go Forums

[ACER 5920g] FAILS 9600m GT transition

Guest Guest

I've been waiting for the 9600m gt i bought from the ebay seller whose link was posted a few weeks ago. Now that I have it, and had plug it into my 5920g, i can proudly say, IT DOESNT WORK!

The laptop could not even post, therefore, I cant blind flash. I've tried this out with the newest bios for 5920g, the 1.318. This is just a heads up for others who wish to buy this card

I've been waiting for the 9600m gt i bought from the ebay seller whose link was posted a few weeks ago. Now that I have it, and had plug it into my 5920g, i can proudly say, IT DOESNT WORK!

The laptop could not even post, therefore, I cant blind flash. I've tried this out with the newest bios for 5920g, the 1.318. This is just a heads up for others who wish to buy this card

When you say it doesn't POST do you mean it turns on but nothing happens or the laptop doesn't power on? Because if nothing happens you still might be able to blind flash it.

Laptop powers on, but it doesn't post, as in, it doesn't enter bios. The display screen remains blank, whatever I press doesn't seem to register, the media key lights just turn on, but the fan doesn't spin at all.

Just to be sure, What're the symptoms of a laptop being in need of a blind flash of its VGA bios? Does the laptop boot into windows regardless, just that the laptop has no display? Or does the laptop gets stuck at the bios?

Just to be sure, What're the symptoms of a laptop being in need of a blind flash of its VGA bios? Does the laptop boot into windows regardless, just that the laptop has no display? Or does the laptop gets stuck at the bios?

Both: when I tried biosmodding my HD3650 and the flasher crashed, the laptop wouldn't get POSt, I could hear cd the cd drive spin but it would just sit there like it was waiting for something, I just set the bios to boot from usb first, created a autoexc.bat and successfully revived the card.

the hd3650 256mb ddr3 from osstore on ebay works with acer machines without bios flash.

Both: when I tried biosmodding my HD3650 and the flasher crashed, the laptop wouldn't get POSt, I could hear cd the cd drive spin but it would just sit there like it was waiting for something, I just set the bios to boot from usb first, created a autoexc.bat and successfully revived the card.

I see... I'll try the blind flash... but could you tell me what command to put in the bat file? and the bat name, it's autoexec.bat right?

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem as you have. I installed my newly-bought 9600m gt on my 5920g, but the computer can't enter mortherboard bios. The screen is blank, the power is on, but it just stuck there and I can't enter DOS mode by using usb boot stick, much less blind flash the card. Maybe the problem is the motherboard bios. Because it can't recognize the card and thus you can not get your computer boot normally. So I can say that 5920G CAN'T BE UPGRADE TO 9600M GT.

I bought a 8600GT for my 5920G any have similar problems, Windows loads (I can hear it!) but the screen doesn't light up, the eBay guy said it had an Acer BIOS but it's not working...upgrading from a 8600GS BTW...

I bought a 8600GT for my 5920G any have similar problems, Windows loads (I can hear it!) but the screen doesn't light up, the eBay guy said it had an Acer BIOS but it's not working...upgrading from a 8600GS BTW...

I have the exact same problem with my acer 5920G, with acer vbios and and my current card is 8600M GS, boots up with black screen. I thought my card may have been broke but it would appear not.

Where EXACTLY did you buy your card ? Can you send me the link from the auction ?

I think I got ripped off with my card. And if it is the same guys, you probably got ripped off also. Your card might be engeneering sample and therefore it is not possible to flash it with that ACER vBios. I think you might have a pretty simmilar problem as I have. Your notbook doesn`t boot with the "stock" vBios and most likely all other vBios`s don`t work on it eighter as it is an engeneering sample and they usually come with different memory and most of the time a "corrupt" GPU Chip.

Please provide me the link in a pm or something so we can evaluate my theory.

Where EXACTLY did you buy your card ? Can you send me the link from the auction ?

I think I got ripped off with my card. And if it is the same guys, you probably got ripped off also. Your card might be engeneering sample and therefore it is not possible to flash it with that ACER vBios. I think you might have a pretty simmilar problem as I have. Your notbook doesn`t boot with the "stock" vBios and most likely all other vBios`s don`t work on it eighter as it is an engeneering sample and they usually come with different memory and most of the time a "corrupt" GPU Chip.

Please provide me the link in a pm or something so we can evaluate my theory.

Here's the link to the auction: Geforce 9600m GT. It's the same guy that sells the Radeon 3650HD, sean2008168.

Alright, lucky you. Different guy. (At least different username on ebay). The pics on that auction show an acer vBios. So I think you got a normal card.

Just interested: What memory do you have on your card ?

Can you send me your vBios ?

• 3 weeks later...

he's a chinese seller, i bought a gs and gt 8600, it works perfectly with acer 4520G and 5520G, problem is temp

5920G might have a bios that disable mxm capability for 9xxx series, there is not 5920G with 9xxx gpu available

you guys did ask if it works on 5920G? if you can get a hands on 5520G you can test if the card is working or defective

he sold hundreds of cards in taobao, and visits this chinese forum link

• 2 weeks later...
Guest apolus

has anyone tried changing the device ID on the vbios of the 9600M MXM module to the device ID of the

8600M MXM module? maybe we can trick the bios to let the notebook boot?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Nuke33

Here is one Acer Spare Part with 1GB ddr3 memory:

http://www.ipc-computer.de/it-pi-n-Acer_VG...Id-1881717.html

and another one with ddr2:

http://www.notebook-doctor.com/it-pi-n-Ace...Id-1881718.html

I am also very interested in testing one of these cards with my 5920g, but i dont want to waste my money in case i does not work.

The turkish guy said he took his card from a friends acer notebook, without flashing or something like that. The only Acer NBs i know that are equipped with a 4650 are the aspire 6530,6930,8930 and 8935.

Would be very nice if someone could confirm that this card is working with 5920g for real :)

Greetz

Nuke

• 2 months later...

If you are having problems with 8xxx cards, make sure your mainboard bios is latest version. It has been said the 5920g bios will not support the 9600m gt. There are reports of the 5920g supporting the 9500gs. The 5920 will be replaced by the 5930, they might not ever fix the 5920g bios at this point.