LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v180.48 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

hmm...im using 8600m gt,the nvidia cpl is not in the menu when i right click on the desktop but its available in the control panel...how do i fix that?

wait...fixed :)

Could you share how you fixed it? I'm having the same problem.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alexnvidia

• Grantman

• wilsonjay

• Frosty the Snowman

Well, I don't do benchmarks. I play a lot of games though.

My last driver was 175.32 because it was the most stable on my machine for everything.

This driver gives a really nice boost in both frames and overall smoothness of gameplay for me on CoDWaW, FarCry 2 and Left 4 Dead.

Very pleased with that. The random flickering shadows in L4D seem to be gone as well. Have tried other drivers in between 175.32 and 180.48 before now, but nothing seemed to be stable enough to make me want to change from the 175.32s on a permanent basis. I always ended up rolling back in the end.

If I find any problems with other games I'll report back and edit this post.

:)

lol r u alex from lowyat forum?

yeah. and i assume u r the same wilsonjay as well.. hahaha.. what a small world

is it just me or the control panel is missing in the latest inf? can someone please double check?

For the person who asked if there is a performance boost, it gave me one. My vantage scores went up by around 100 and 06 scores by around 50. Also I noticed that in crysis the frames per second slightly went up as it said it would in the info.

No cp, and no waking from sleep on my gx700 with 8600m gt.

No cp, and no waking from sleep on my gx700 with 8600m gt.

yeap, no cp for the latest inf. mobilenvidia need to fix it.

sleep doesnt work for me as well, but it's most likely the driver's issue.

yeap, no cp for the latest inf. mobilenvidia need to fix it.

sleep doesnt work for me as well, but it's most likely the driver's issue.

I m from Lowyat.net also :)

u did a clean installation on the newest drive or update from previous version?

IMO, If you just update from previous version the CP will be there

I m from Lowyat.net also :)

u did a clean installation on the newest drive or update from previous version?

IMO, If you just update from previous version the CP will be there

i always do a clean install. another problem i found, im getting random bluescreens after using the latest inf. does anyone have the previous version inf? i deleted them. :)

Strange, I have the control panel.

The explorer context menu isn't there by default, but you can switch it on by going to the nvidia control panel from the windows control panel, then select the view menu and tick Add Desktop Context Menu.

Works for me off a clean install after removing the old driver files. However, I did not uninstall the physx driver first because if you do that you can't select the ageia physx card (if you have one) to do the physx stuff. The physx driver updates just fine without uninstalling and always has done since the days when ageia were in charge.

Edited by Frosty the Snowman

any nasty bluescreen or screen corruptions in windows?

havn't had any blue screens or desktop corruption. One thing I noticed in one of my 3dmark06 runs was a black frame and what seemed like some abnormal skipping.

Strange, I have the control panel.

The explorer context menu isn't there by default, but you can switch it on by going to the nvidia control panel from the windows control panel, then select the view menu and tick Add Desktop Context Menu.

Works for me off a clean install after removing the old driver files. However, I did not uninstall the physx driver first because if you do that you can't select the ageia physx card (if you have one) to do the physx stuff. The physx driver updates just fine without uninstalling and always has done since the days when ageia were in charge.

I knew I had the control panel I was just looking for a way to put it into the context menu, thank you for that.

ok...those of you that doesnt have control panel in the menu when u right click on your desktop...try going into your computer's control panel and search for the nvidia cpl..if its there...click on it...on the top menu...click view/add desktop context menu

These are by far the best drivers for my rig and possibly the 8600m GT

- You get a very sizable boost in performance in Far Cry 2 and a moderate boost in other games

- There is no laggy aero unlike 178.13/24 and 180.43

- The overall responsiveness of aero is better

- Temperature is slightly higher (maybe thats just the weather) but powermizer functions properly and battery life appears to be the same

I am very satisfied (happy) with these drivers and recommend (highly) to any user of the 8600m GT

No XPS m1530 should be without

:) :)

Edited by Au_Xtr3me

- You get a very sizable boost in performance in Far Cry 2 and a moderate boost in other games

could you define "sizable" in fps?

also, anyone having any probs with fallout 3 with this driver? 179.14 has been too good to let go of.

Guest kaffelars
Hi Gentlemen, pls make sure you have the latest BIOS when using these drivers. I had the same problem, could not wake up from sleep with these exact drivers...until I updated my Acer 5920G to the latest BIOS, and right after the flash, it just worked fine. I put it to sleep multiple times to be sure.

good luck!

That is strange..I also have a 5920G with the latest BIOS, and I cannot return from sleep mode :)

could you define "sizable" in fps?

also, anyone having any probs with fallout 3 with this driver? 179.14 has been too good to let go of.

In FC2, High everything (shadows off), DX9, 1024x640 I get a boost of around 3-6 fps

On Dox 180.43 I was getting ~31 fps, with these I get ~36 fps

When everything is high, the boost is about 3 fps

Note: I also cleaned up some other stuff on my HDD so that may have affected the results

I haven't got fallout 3 so no idea, how well does Fallout 3 run on your machine? I'm thinking of getting it. :)

Edited by Au_Xtr3me

Guest PresenceOfMind

I tried 180.48 on my M1730 yesterday with EVGA precision 1.3.3 and I'm disappointed.

It is running a lot slower and generating a lot more heat than 178.26 I was using before.

Plus the problem with shadows on WOW is partially solved but it takes the FPS down a lot and it causes some 3d errors (polygons disappearing).

EVGA precision doesn't report anything with that driver installed and LCD Display doesn't work either.

I'm going back to 178.26.

Thanks,

PresenceOfMind

how fix control panel¿

go to control panel..find for the nvidia control panel..at the top menu click view/add desktop context menu

I haven't got fallout 3 so no idea, how well does Fallout 3 run on your machine? I'm thinking of getting it. :)

It runs silky smooth after fooling with the settings and finding the right balance. I get 60 fps in most areas at high settings at 960x600. Only bottleneck is my 5400 rpm drive struggles a bit to keep up in the outdoor areas.

Edited by ngreyfell

- There is no laggy aero unlike 178.13/24 and 180.43

- The overall responsiveness of aero is better

- Temperature is slightly higher (maybe thats just the weather) but powermizer functions properly and battery life appears to be the same

I am very satisfied (happy) with these drivers and recommend (highly) to any user of the 8600m GT

No XPS m1530 should be without

:) :)

Is your M1530 able to wake up from sleep mode when using this driver? I have an M1530 also and it cannot seem to wake up from sleep using any of the 180.xx drivers.

I'm also having problems with waking the lappy after sleep mode. I'm using Zepto 6224w with 8600m GT (512 DDR2). Tried every 180.xx driver none of them after running a Far Cry 2 can't wake up after sleep mode, had to revert to 179.14 driver as this one seems to be issue free. Can anyone try and investigate what may be the cause of that problem?