• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• ExNihilo

• Andrew55

• SD403

At least it works with problematic HP/Compaq laptops (re HDMI).

No need for worry, your problem will be fixed now.

The reason why it isn't working is that your card is not supported by the original inf. What you must do is download the modded inf and put it into the directory of the driver you downloaded and replace the original one. Uninstall your old drivers first, then install these. Your problems should be gone! Good luck!

Ok I tried the have disk method with the modded inf, and i get an error during installation, it tells me the driver does not support windows vista.

I donw loaded the one from this post!

What did I do wrong?

Ex

This driver works really well on my 8600m gt with no crashes or random downclocking! Prince of Persia runs smoothly. HOWEVER, Dead Space has some compatibility issue. It will load, but as soon as I start playing, it freezes and starts doing all sorts of crazy things.

I'm kinda noobie around here so can anyone tell me what's the difference between the 17x series and the 18x series?

How do I know which ones I should install?

17xx are a little more reliable and less bugged but 18xx may be a tad faster, but the differences are under 1% and with some setups near 0%. GTA IV works mostly best with 18xx drivers.

What if you run setup.exe?

Well i'm pretty frustrated now...

Here is my current driver:

driver_current.jpg

Here is if I use the "have dick" method:

have_disk.jpg

And here is if I use the setup.exe:

setup_error.jpg

any more suggestions?

Ex

That should not happen for sure with modded inf. Okay, last thing, try these drivers and see:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=21982

Good luck! Just install, no modded inf or have disk method required.

That should not happen for sure with modded inf. Okay, last thing, try these drivers and see:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=21982

Good luck! Just install, no modded inf or have disk method required.

THAT DID IT!!!

And my game is running like a champ! You are my savior =D

Thanks everyone for all your help!!!!!

Ex

Glad to see your problem resolved. Happy gaming!

Glad to see your problem resolved. Happy gaming!

A huge weight is lifted! And it is running even better than I had imagined it would.

And the wife is now smiling over the decision to get it for me!

Your help was instrumental in me getting it to work and I thank you!

My game is getting anywhere from 17-38 FPS where I was getting 8-12 FPS before the new drivers were installed, And thats after I pumped the details almost all the way up and added bloom, shader fx and desaturation.

My game now looks amazing and runs like a charm. No freezing, lag or glitching!

:) THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!! :)

Ex

No problem at all, glad to help.

:)

Now that thats taken care of. Is overclocking the 8200M G worth doing or possible? Not that I need it but I like power lol

If not i'm cool with what I have.

Ex

Let's put it like this: Overclocking your card will not produce significant increases, maybe a few fps gain, but that's it. If you really want to do it, you can try this http://www.overclock.net/graphics-cards-ge...g-your-gpu.html

Good luck!

I may try it when I get off work. I don't know though.. I'm happy with what I have ATM.

Might wait until I get a game that requires more power. No need to shorten the life of my hardware for a few FPS

Thanks for the link though

Ex

Once again, no problem, but always remember to be careful when overclocking.

Once again, no problem, but always remember to be careful when overclocking.

yeah I think I'm gonna hold off on the overclocking to be honest with you, And thanks for the warning.

Ex

My lappie is an HP dv9700t with 8600m gs.

I have tried both the official 179.28 and this modded inf version and weirdly both make my fan run like a mad dog every time I logged into Vista or resume from sleep/hibernation for really long time b4 stopping. Beside that i feel its really a stable driver. Any1 with similar situation? can help me out?

Hi all,

To begin with, I'm new to this site and forums.

As noted in the name, I am a World of Warcraft player... and my in-game performance issues of late have been driving me crazy. Northrend, especially Dalaran - is killing my computer. So I decided to begin with updating my video card driver along with defragging to help the situation.

System-wise, I am using a Sony Vaio VGN-FZ290E laptop, with Windows Vista and with GeForce 8400M GT - ForceWare version 167.43 / Driver version (7.15.11.6743) [11/7/2007]. Yep, pretty ancient.

I've had to do a decent amount of tweaking to play games well on Vista (WoW, Hellgate, and now Bioshock are mainstays), and figured I'd mention ones I've had to do, just in case they might be of some help. I'm running a Toshiba X205-S7483 (Core 2 Duo @ 1.66, 2GB, Dual 120GB drives, 8700M GT w/ 256 dedicated RAM, and Vista Home Premium).

1) In the Nvidia Control Panel, shut off Transparency Anti-Aliasing. WoW doesn't like it with Vista.

2) Shut off Superfetch. Run -> services.msc -> right-click Superfetch -> Properties - > Disable -> Apply -> OK.

3) Add RAM (if possible). You really need at least 2GB for Vista and games to run well. Vista 32 can support 3GB (MS also has some funky stuff that can boost it if your hardware is compatible, but haven't messed with it. It's called PME or something. Haven't tried it myself.)

4) Turn off as many visual effects (especially Aero) as you can stand.

5) Use ReadyBoost! Adding a 2GB+ (up to a 4GB cache can be set up) compliant SD card or Flash drive helps a bunch. SanDisc Cruzers and PNY Attache flash drives are decent, and pretty inexpensive.

6) Turn down (or even off) Indexing. Searches take longer, but less overhead = better gaming. *grin*

7) Make sure your swap/page file is a decent size, and place it on a different physical drive from your OS if you can.

8) Check your Startup folder, etc. for any stuff you can shut off. Adobe Reader SpeedStart, etc.

9) MS Updates, drivers, game patches, and of course, defrag.

Not the most awe-inspiring stuff by any means, but something might help out.

Driver is good, stable.

Edited by Shaythong

Hey guys

Just installed the driver and the physx section at the nvdia control panel has gone.. normal??

thx :)

Yes.

Look at Start/All programs/Nvidia Corporation, if it's there.

Yes it is, and it says " AGEIA Physx is not installed"

reinstalled the 8.11.18 and got the same message

2) Shut off Superfetch. Run -> services.msc -> right-click Superfetch -> Properties - > Disable -> Apply -> OK.

Wrong.

3) Add RAM (if possible). You really need at least 2GB for Vista and games to run well. Vista 32 can support 3GB (MS also has some funky stuff that can boost it if your hardware is compatible, but haven't messed with it. It's called PME or something. Haven't tried it myself.)

5) Use ReadyBoost! Adding a 2GB+ (up to a 4GB cache can be set up) compliant SD card or Flash drive helps a bunch. SanDisc Cruzers and PNY Attache flash drives are decent, and pretty inexpensive.

ReadyBoost's purpose is not to serve FPS and does not affect it in any incremental or noticeable way.

6) Turn down (or even off) Indexing. Searches take longer, but less overhead = better gaming. *grin*

Indexing reducing performance would be false. Windows Vista only indexes when your system is idle.

7) Make sure your swap/page file is a decent size, and place it on a different physical drive from your OS if you can.

Many people have the misconception that customizing this setting will produce benefits. Windows Vista optimizes what it deems to be efficient already, hence there is really no need for any modifications.