LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v185.20 Windows XP 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

I had the same problem. I tried last driver versions and still 4 colors and low resolution too.

Try to install the drivers in safe mode (reboot -> F8 to access the windows boot menu -> start Windows in safe mode).

It works for me, good luck.

Thanks but it didn't work. I only tried it in Vista and still got a BSOD which means that it won't work in XP as well. :)

Edited by Shaythong

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ACP0WER

• jase79

• Mushu

• eleron911

Top Posters In This Topic

Update 2: Connected my external 1920x1200 LCD and the multi-monitor menus don't appear in the nvidia control panel. Also, it's very finicky about actually using the external monitor, and the nvidia control panel starts crashing a lot if I try to toggle options after I try unsuccessfully to force it to use the external monitor.

Update 3: Every time I exit WoW (also happened with Fallout 2), the video switches from the external LCD back to my laptop display even though my laptop is closed, and I have to reboot to make it switch back to my external display. I think I'm just going to roll back for now until another 185.xx driver is released.

I get the same problem. 4bit colour and lowest resolution.

Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit. NVIDIA Geforce 8600M GS

Has anyone had any luck with these drivers on XP with a 8600M GS?

yup, working perfectly on my 8600M GS :)

How did You install this drivers? In normal or safe Windows mode?

well,

i just unninstalled the ''old" drivers on my system, rebooted into safe mode and runned driver cleaner pro to delete the files end registry entries left by the drivers, then rebooted into normal mode and just installed the drivers WITH the modded INF

then it rebooted just fine and im now using it, it gives me much more performance than the original Medion drivers (wich is ver 156.61)

Works great with Go 7600 Toshiba Qosmio F30 :)

Happened for me as well on my Toshiba Satallite X205-S7483 with XP installed with my 8700m GT of course using the modified INF file. I also got the following.

pooey8.jpg

I get the same issue. I'm also on a laptop (with a go 7700), and a fresh install of windows.

I'm wondering if this could be an issue with the modded .inf they provide.... I'm going to try again with the default one, and just add manually add my gpu.

I also get the low-res 4 colour issue, using Toshiba Satellite P100-347 running WinXP MCE with Geforce Go 7900GS 512Mb

Can anyone confirm if these drivers fix the issue with Tomb Raider Underworld stuttering with Geforce 7 series?

I get the same problem. 4bit colour and lowest resolution.

Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit. NVIDIA Geforce 8600M GS

Has anyone had any luck with these drivers on XP with a 8600M GS?

me i have an acer aspire 5920g with 8600m gs and this drivers works very well no problem at installing good performance and overclock with rivatuner enabled too i am huppy!!! :)

but i want make you huppy too but i am not sure what the problem is exactly :) have you installed the driver correctly??

first uninstall the previous driver

second go in safe mode and with driver cleaner where it can be downloaded here:http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745 clean your system from the previous drivers then reboot and install the new drivers!!it worked for me!

Edited by box13

Guest vellkan
well,

i just unninstalled the ''old" drivers on my system, rebooted into safe mode and runned driver cleaner pro to delete the files end registry entries left by the drivers, then rebooted into normal mode and just installed the drivers WITH the modded INF

then it rebooted just fine and im now using it, it gives me much more performance than the original Medion drivers (wich is ver 156.61)

Unfortunatelly, it still doesn't work.

I try do this, twice and nothing happen.

Now I'm downloading this drivers from another source, maybe this will work.

But thanks for help.

Greetings :)

mine did the wrong windows version error with 177.98, and the driver service was stopped. when i started the service it stopped again right away but then the driver started working. still had to manually up the screen resolution and color depth though

Stable driver - just installed it.

Here are the statistics on a Dell XPS 1530 laptop:

5027 PCMark05 marks

NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 256 MB, Driver: 7.15.11.8520, Driver Date: 12-26-2008, DirectX Version 10

CPU: 2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (Penryn) T8100

Resolution: 1280x800 - 15.4" screen, 2M web cam

Memory DDR2 - 4GB, 800MHz

Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit, SP1 Build 6001

HD sound

320 GB Hitachi hard drive - 5400 rpm

Optiarc DVD+-RW

Using I8kFanGUI just after running a benchmark with PCMark 05 - score

CPU: 34 degrees celcius (max: 59 degrees celcius), Fan: 3080 RPM

GPU: 45 degrees celcius (max: 70 degrees celcius)

Chipset: 42 degrees celcius (max: 54 degrees celcius)

Mobile Intel 965 motherboard

Dell Wireless WLAN-n

Guest Dr. Hacker

Hi everyone.

I have a quick question for you! What FroceWare version is better for my video card (Nvidia GeForce 8600M GS)? and how can i improve my games frame rate (FPS) specially in World of Warcraft?

im running over XP SP3. I think ill have better FPS on my games than vista X64.

And also one more question.

How can i detect 4Gb Ram in my XP x86 PC (32 Bits Operative system)?

Thanks a lot

And also one more question.

How can i detect 4Gb Ram in my XP x86 PC (32 Bits Operative system)?

Thanks a lot

i dont think thats possible because windows 32 bit can only adress 3.5gigs of ram

Any ideas on the 4-bit colour thing, and how to get rid of it?

well i can only say that this driver doesn't work with your card, try the dox optimized 181.20

good luck

Hi everyone.

I have a quick question for you! What FroceWare version is better for my video card (Nvidia GeForce 8600M GS)? and how can i improve my games frame rate (FPS) specially in World of Warcraft?

hi...

hmm...maybe u can use dox optimized 181.20...it works great for me.. (8600M GS) :)

goodluck!

hi all, i downloaded this version with modded inf and installed but when i restart the the resolution is changed to 800*600 and 4 bit colour. is this version not compatible with GeForce 8400M GS_? on the other hand when i check the list i can't found my card in it. and this issue is same with 180xx series but i don't want to upgrade 17xxx series cause i want play GTA 4 and people say i must download at least 180.84 so if anyone can help i will be very glad :)

Edited by quartaela

Same for me with Go 7600 and XP32 SP3 :)

I've got an HP Pavillion dv9000 notebook with a Go 7600 (512 MB). I'm running XP Mediacenter 2002 SP3. I've tried installing the 185.20 drivers, both using the setup and manually (uninstall, reboot in safe mode, run Driver Sweeper, install from specific directory) and either way I get the message:

The currently selected graphics display driver can not be used. It was written for a previous version of Windows, and is no longer compatible with this version of Windows. The system has been started using the default VGA adapter.

and I get 800x600x256 colours.

I also get the low-res 4 colour issue, using Toshiba Satellite P100-347 running WinXP MCE with Geforce Go 7900GS 512Mb

Can anyone confirm if these drivers fix the issue with Tomb Raider Underworld stuttering with Geforce 7 series?

The stuttering is fixed by applying the latest bios update. Update to bios version 4.50 and that should stop it.

Hey guys

At first sorry for my bad english

I got the same issius like many others here with my GeForce 8600M GS.

Screen reselution of 800x600 in 4bit color depth. Newest Driver release. Treid in normal mode, tried the have method but same result.

I tried all of your tipps and suggestions but nothing worked.

I have a HP Pavillion DV 9555eg and XP with SP3 and all the newest updates i could find.

I hope someone could help because its makes me totally crazy.

Greetz

Harry

I think everyone running XP and trying to install these drivers has the same problem with no fix. As far as ive seen in this thread, no one running XP has got them working. The only people that have got them working here are running Vista. They also work in Windows 7, i know since im running them now. Ive given up with these drivers in XP, they just dont work at all.

I think everyone running XP and trying to install these drivers has the same problem with no fix. As far as ive seen in this thread, no one running XP has got them working. The only people that have got them working here are running Vista. They also work in Windows 7, i know since im running them now. Ive given up with these drivers in XP, they just dont work at all.

but THEY DO WORK WITH MY 8600M GS!!!

edit: in xp ofcourse

Edited by SCARFACE69

i don't think the solution is Vista i guess the problem is 8400M GS and 8600M GS . cause when i look to the list of graphic cards with modded inf i can't see 8400M GS or 8600M GS for XP and VÄ°STA.i have searched hours about this problem to fix but i can't managed to install newest drivers for my 8400M GS.