LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v185.20 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

This driver is working very well for me.

Futhermore it's the first time, I can overclok my card, rivatuner still does not recognize it, but ntune works now... before with 180.84 and older driver , there was no way to apply overcloking it had always failed.

9800M GTS + T9500

3DMark 06 = 10 780

What's interesting is that compared to my XP 64 which uses to be faster ... was this time a bit slower with 3DMark 06 than my vista which uses to be slower xD

And what's even more curious is that, at stock frequency speed, XP 64 get a better score , but once overcloked ... vista get a better score , that's crazy xD

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• nViable

• Diman

• GaryHook

best driver for my 8600m gt drr3 on my m1530, no crashes (and no glitches)

it gives a performance boost in gta iv, COD5, L4D, but UT3 runs a bit slower.

overall best driver for the m1530 :)

(you dont need the modded inf because the card is in the original inf XD)

Sucky driver ... just like any other 18X.XX driver.

Almost every game hangs or crashes with this driver.

Stick to 178.xx or 179.xx drivers.

179.28 has been working great for me so far.

the lv2g driver extracts to 155 MB, and the one being posted on all the other blogs hosted on toomanydownloads.com extracts to 116 MB. anyone know why? they both have the physx installer, too.

EDIT: it seems the lv2g driver comes with all the installer files uncompressed. still don't understand why, though.

Edited by ngreyfell

same performance as most other drivers I tried, maybe a bit better. But a decrease in temperature of 10° ! And physX is enabled now! (I have 8400M G with 128MB ram, I thought minimum was 256MB ram...)

Edited by EotT

Guest Painkillz

This forceware 185.20 is bugged. vertical sync is not active even if u set it on FORCE ON still it wouldn't trigger, which will result in eating up ur vga life tendancy and corrupted visualization and interrupted streams. i dont recommend this forceware untill further improvements.

Experiment 1: Age of conan runs at 60 FPS in all maps and instances Graphics on ultra high forceware 181.00 (vertical sync FORCED ON).

Experiment 2: Age of conan runs at 120 to 180 FPS in all maps and instances Graphics on ultra high forceware 185.20 (vertical sync FORCED ON).

** some ppl think the higher the FPS the better the performance, True but FPS should be equal to ur monitors Hz which is mostly 59Hz~60Hz for LCD's and 85Hz for CRT's, if FPS is higher ur actully playing crap or u simply can't differentiate. if thats the issue dont bother reading more, ur better off the way ur playing, whereas to those extreme gamers who wanna know more, dont ruine ur VGA always keep vertical sync Forced ON for constant smoothness ingame footage and gameplay. make sure triple buffering is on too.

Ahahah my god. You are spreading golden FUD.

First, V-Sync disabled will NEVER damage your monitor or card in anyway. This is uber-FUD. The only effect with/without V-Sync is the possibility of seeing teared frames which is quite subjective (some like it faster, some don't). Just as a proof, Windows XP interface (2D), Vista Basic (and Linux and whatever else) are not vsynced and they don't blow up monitors away.

Second, it's not true that disabling V-Sync has no use. Input in most games runs in-sync with graphics; this means that on average you will wait half a frame for your input to be processed (from 0 to 1 frame). At 60fps this is 8.333ms, at 120fps this is halved.

The fact that you cannot force v-sync is a bug which may be disrupting for some. But v-sync disabled is not useless and above all will not damage your hardware.

Before spreading FUD, inform yourself.

Guest victoryo

Hi,

These drivers works well but i don't have control panel:S

My card is a 9600M GT and a 2Ghz dualcore.

My 3Dmark06 score without overclock is 5289.

How can u guys with a 9600M GT get a much higher score than me?:S

And how to fix the control panel problem?

Thnx!

Guest victoryo
Hi,

These drivers works well but i don't have control panel:S

My card is a 9600M GT and a 2Ghz dualcore.

My 3Dmark06 score without overclock is 5289.

How can u guys with a 9600M GT get a much higher score than me?:S

And how to fix the control panel problem?

Thnx!

And its a DDR3 card. forgot to say that.

i have also a 9600m gt ddr3 (acer 7730g) and I can say that I have less fps in GTA4 too. in the benchmark test 2fps (average). also vista tells me that it has problems with the graphic driver. switched back to the nvidia mobile driver, no problems.

This forceware 185.20 is bugged. vertical sync is not active even if u set it on FORCE ON still it wouldn't trigger, which will result in eating up ur vga life tendancy and corrupted visualization and interrupted streams. i dont recommend this forceware untill further improvements.

Experiment 1: Age of conan runs at 60 FPS in all maps and instances Graphics on ultra high forceware 181.00 (vertical sync FORCED ON).

Experiment 2: Age of conan runs at 120 to 180 FPS in all maps and instances Graphics on ultra high forceware 185.20 (vertical sync FORCED ON).

** some ppl think the higher the FPS the better the performance, True but FPS should be equal to ur monitors Hz which is mostly 59Hz~60Hz for LCD's and 85Hz for CRT's, if FPS is higher ur actully playing crap or u simply can't differentiate. if thats the issue dont bother reading more, ur better off the way ur playing, whereas to those extreme gamers who wanna know more, dont ruine ur VGA always keep vertical sync Forced ON for constant smoothness ingame footage and gameplay. make sure triple buffering is on too.

vsync works fine for me, you lunatic. "interrupted streams" ???

It's not working after install. Then i wrote the Powermizer settings to the registry and now it clocks down on Battery, but not on AC.

I hope Pieter's modded inf will do that better....

what settings did you change in the registry? i'd like to enable PM on battery only.

Guest Jonathon

Anyone with an Alienware m9750 able to get ANY of these drivers to work? I've tried a bunch of the 18x and 17x series, and none that I've tried work.

My card is a 8700m GT 512MB.

Any help is appreciated

"My 3Dmark06 score without overclock is 5289.

How can u guys with a 9600M GT get a much higher score than me?:S"

Well seems like you answered the question by yourself, we do overclock. you can go close to 6000 points or much more depending on what processor you have. A 9600M GT without OC with a Core duo 2 GHZ should score 5200.

Guest Erhard
what settings did you change in the registry? i'd like to enable PM on battery only.

I had

PerfLevelSrc = 0x3322

and after changing it to 0x3333 i had the overall powermanagement.

Right, can anyone confirm or deny that sleep and hibernation works with this driver? (8600M GT).

both are working fine for me

s***ty drivers

i got graphics corruption and bsod in every 3d app that i try to run.

rolling back to 179.28

Try changing the graphic settings from the default. For some strange reasons with the default settings it was crashing much on my system (I couldn't even open more than one doc in Acrobat Reader!), now after setting them on performance, it works.

guyz i can't install this driver .. at the end of the installation it says nothing has changed ... i removed the previous driver and did a driver cleaning .

wt am i missing .i restarted my lappy like 30 times now .. please guyz help me asap

3DMark 06 score on my Acer 5930G - 9600M GT (DDR3):

-180.84 (Dox Optimised): 5618

-185.20: 5363

-> what the .... ??? It's problem just with this card, or everyone gets slower FPS??

Edited by Thorus

You are seriously confused.

If in doubt, don't make things up and post them in a forum.

Thanks.

What he is trying to get at, is that you won't see higher FPS than your monitor's refresh rate, but FPS above this will result in smoother play. Screen "tearing" that can happen from having a higher FPS than your refresh will NOT damage you machine. Vertical sync just prevents that happening if the visuals of it bother you, but will signifcantly effect performance. V-Sync works for me with 185.20.

this driver is awful i don't understand those who said it works better in GTA IV, yes they are stable, yes they are not overheating but in term of performance they're crap.

Uhmm... I guess the other drivers put your card too much to the max.

It's better to have less FPS, and be able to keep playing for more then 5 minutes.

Here are some 3D Mark 06 results on my Acer 5930G - 9600M GT

178.24 - 5596

179.13 - 5601

180.43 - 5483

180.48 - 5509

180.70 - 5776

185.20 - 5509

Well, 185.20 gave me a big drop in 3D Mark 06. I tried some games...GTA IV about 3-4 fps drop, C&C 3 about 5 fps drop, warmonger 3fps, but it's true that I got about 5 degress lower temperature than 180.70. But the performance is very bad. So I'm rolling back to 180.70, which seems to be the fastest for me.