LaptopVideo2Go Forums

nVidia Setup error with 185.20 and Windows 7 64 bit

Guest Garrett

Guest Garrett

Any help on this would be appreciated. I've been scouring Google for the past 30 minutes looking for anyone who has a similiar issue but I seem to be the only one.

I have an HP notebook with the 8600M GS card in it. I was trying to update to the 185.20 drivers but when I run the setup I get the set up error:

NVIDIA Setup Error

Setup detected that the operating system in use is not Windows Vista

[32-bit]/7 [64-bit]. This setup program and its associated drivers are

designed to run only on Windows Vista [32-bit]/7 [64-bit]. The

installation will be terminated.

Thanks.

Not much help here but i can can say i have these drivers installed in windows 7 on a hp dv9548 which has a 8600M GS and the only problem i have seen is not coming out sleep mode.

Any help on this would be appreciated. I've been scouring Google for the past 30 minutes looking for anyone who has a similiar issue but I seem to be the only one.

I have an HP notebook with the 8600M GS card in it. I was trying to update to the 185.20 drivers but when I run the setup I get the set up error:

NVIDIA Setup Error

Setup detected that the operating system in use is not Windows Vista

[32-bit]/7 [64-bit]. This setup program and its associated drivers are

designed to run only on Windows Vista [32-bit]/7 [64-bit]. The

installation will be terminated.

Thanks.

two things -- 1, you don't want these drivers anyway if you want to use the aero functionality, as they are not WDDM 1.1

2, if you want to install them, either set the installer to compatibility for vista, or just use device manager update driver.

1. Are you using vista?

2. Are you using the modded inf?

Use the modded *.inf (works for sure) but, if you encounter the same error, run the installer in compatibility mode with Windows VISTA.

Edited by CQSTELUSH