LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Quadro NVS 120M Problem

DjNeo

Hy guys.

I recently bought and Dell Latitude D820 with graphics card a Nvidia Quadro NVS 120M.

The problem is that everytime i start a game , it works ,only that after some time (usually 1 minute or 2) a fan starts working and the laptop shutdowns.

My ideea is that the GPU reaches a certain temperature and that temperature could be set in bios as SHUTDOWN Temp.

What can i do ?

I may have a few choices:

1.Look closely and maybe i will fiind an answer in the system bios

2.Someone provide me with a bios that has that temp shutdown value removed.

Any ideas ?

Thanks a lot !

hi,

i have the same problem with Dell Latitude D820 and Nvidia nvs 120M. my computer is over a year old and i use Vista business 32Bit.

it happened only after i updated the Nvidia card. the computer overheats every time i try to use demanding graphics or just play a DVD.

i am now also waiting for an answer to the same question.

on Sunday i will call my local computer provider to see what he has to say about it and keep you informed.

What temperature is the gfx card getting to? (use hwmonitor to check while running a game in windowed mode)

Edited by Phnx

What temperature is the gfx card getting to? (use hwmonitor to check while running a game in windowed mode)

I used I8KfanGUI for Dell Laptops and it monitors my GPU card temperature with 70 C.

Yesterday i was able to play the games without any problems , but after 3 hours i've opened the laptop again and it manifested the same shutdowns.

I think it has something to do with the cooling or a setting in the GPU Bios.

Hope to hear from u guys soon!

Thanks

if you can open your laptop, check the fan area for dust and reapply some arctic silver5 or equivalent.

good luck.

any other ideas please ?

any other ideas please ?

well you could always buy a notebook coolpad. search for it on ebay or any local computer store