LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v179.67 Vista 32bit | NVIDIA - OEM

mobilenvidia

Benchmarks badly compared to predecessors. HDMI doesn't output 1080, just 720p.

The link for the INF file is broken.

Fixed, will learn to do this in a hurry as it was close to midnight and my eyes were already in bed :)

Best mobile driver thus far. Just have to look for right inf and better delete other ones even multiple inf support same video card, better to use the correct inf for your laptop brand.

For those that said stuff don't work properly, you need to find the correct inf file in the massive amount of them and delete the rest. Try to look for one that natively support your resolution and your video card of course. Then narrow it down from there.

Edited by Leo

Why is this download 43 mb and the MS update is 68.7 zipped? And what kind of community support do you need to host faster downloads? 7-10 minutes for a 43 meg file is kinda silly. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE ALL THE WORK YOU GUYS DO, but sheesh.

Why is this download 43 mb and the MS update is 68.7 zipped?

It's called optimisation, magic word is 7-Zip.

And the download isn't blistering fast, got it in 1min 55 secs, about 360 kB/s.

It's called optimisation, magic word is 7-Zip.

And the download isn't blistering fast, got it in 1min 55 secs, about 360 kB/s.

So different zip programs can compress files more efficiently...i.e. that much for a relatively small file? Didn't know that.

And (mainly replying to the smart arse guest) I was averaging 34-40 kb/s. I never see 300 from this site...ever. Sometimes in 120-150 range. I downloaded the "same" file from MS update at over 1 mb/s, so it's not my connection. More of an observation than a complaint.

how do i know if this will work with my Toshiba Satellite P105? sorry but i am a little confused. There is no specific listing for this model in the forum so am not sure. Will the modded inf make it work for me? I have a NVIDIA GO 7900 gs and a Vista 32 bit OS...

Edited by Bludragon

How do I install this, it looks like the inf I need to use is nvdm.inf

Is there a list somewhere of which inf files are intended for certain laptops?

• 1 month later...

hey guys i am new here...i have tried every means as far as i think with which i must be able to install new drivers..but i am just not able to and i`m stuck with the V7.15.11.0119 Version..i dont know where i am wrong..anyone who could explain me in detail as to what to do from start till the end i would be highly grateful.

My laptop

Asus G2S specs are-

Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 @ 2.20Ghz

Memory(Ram)-2GB

Os-Vista Ultimate SP1

Video Card-256MB Nvidia Geforce 8600M GT---PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0407&Subsys_15151043&rev_A1

1920x1200 (WUXGA)

• 1 month later...

modded inf still missing

Error: The request for '/infs/175series/17967_vista/nvaa.inf' was not found on this server.

• 3 weeks later...

This somehow still feels like the best performing drivers for my Geforce Go 7900 GS, but every time I run a Steam game like L4D or TF2 at a different resolution from my native 1920x1200, it changes to that resolution on reboot. Its weird because when I exit game, it reverts back to my 1920x1200, but once I restart, it goes to 1680x1050. Now this only happens with HL2 based games.

Edited by Leo

• 2 months later...

This somehow still feels like the best performing drivers for my Geforce Go 7900 GS, but every time I run a Steam game like L4D or TF2 at a different resolution from my native 1920x1200, it changes to that resolution on reboot. Its weird because when I exit game, it reverts back to my 1920x1200, but once I restart, it goes to 1680x1050. Now this only happens with HL2 based games.

My Toshiba QosmioF20 downloaded this driver automatically from Windows Update (its running Windows 7). As will all the drivers I've tried, I get a blanks screen on resume from standby although unplugging the power jack then putting it back in restores the screen.

Does anybody know how to fix this. It seemed to have something to do with MapOSD3toNV on the old XP drivers but I cant find that in any modern drivers?

• 3 months later...

How do I install this, it looks like the inf I need to use is nvdm.inf

Is there a list somewhere of which inf files are intended for certain laptops?

Yeah is there a specific list of inf files?? Where would one locate this list? for Dell inspiron 1420 windows vista 32bit