LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce Nvidia 9300M gs 256Mb & fujitsu siemens Amilo pi 1556

Stefano1973

Hi guys,

I have a problem running GeForce Nvidia 9300M gs 256Mb on my fujitsu-siemens Amilo pi 1556.

The laptop start fine but after few minutes it simple turns off.

I have tried latest Alienware bios 1.19, 2.06 and 2.07 without success.

Do you have any idea about how could I fix this problem?

Thanks a lot for your help

Stefano

If it turns off at anytime, even after successfully launching windows, and turns off after a shorter time when you reboot it, I would say the card is overheating. Check the contact between the card and the copper of the cooler. It should touch the graphic chipset. Maybe you need to trim the piece of metal if a component prevents a good contact. Take also care of using a good thermopaste between the chipset and the copper.

Thanks a lot... I fixed a bit the card to the copper and now it's working fine.

I still have few problems:

First: 30 seconds bios beeps at start up

Second: I'm not able to install drivers of the video card.. it's work in VGA compatible.

any idea?

Thanks again for your great support

Stefano

We still didn't found any solution regarding the 30 second countdown. Personnally, to get rid of the beeps, I just plug headphones in the audio output.

Regarding the driver problem, check that you uninstalled the old graphic card in the device manager. Do you have an error message while installing drivers?

Ok for the 30 second countdwon. For the drivers indeed I have an error while installing them. It says something like "an error occurred and the install will exit"... no particular error codes. I uninstalled everything from device manager. Do you think I need to remove all software related to nvidia and try again.

Thanks again for your support.

Stefano

Hi all... finally I was able to intall the GeForce 9300M gs on my Amilo pi1556 with Xp.

I had to try severals divers version... the one working is 176.37-windows-xp-x32. You can download it here:

http://www.opendrivers.com/freedownload/28...2-download.html

Thanks to everyone for the great help.

Stefano

but you still got the 30sec issue and your driver works? that funny because it's very old?

• 3 weeks later...

well i do not know what to say wow lol i just realized that i can upgrade my vid. card huh i got amilo pi 1556 and its still the same from the moment i purchased i even tried to upgrade the RAM and i purchased a 2Gb kingston DDR2 but it did not work and i donot know why it just when i plug it the lap do not work and keeb rebooting bu itself so plz could anybody help??

well i do not know what to say wow lol i just realized that i can upgrade my vid. card huh i got amilo pi 1556 and its still the same from the moment i purchased i even tried to upgrade the RAM and i purchased a 2Gb kingston DDR2 but it did not work and i donot know why it just when i plug it the lap do not work and keeb rebooting bu itself so plz could anybody help??

Does anything come up on the screen? You may want to make sure it's in properly.

no it just a black screen and it keeps restarting it just take like 3 seconds then it restart by itself !!