LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Latest Sigmatel / IDT Modded Drivers for Win 7 and Vista

mobilenvidia

After several trys, I found that the error code 10 only occurs in 6.10.6187.0 to me. With 6.10.6162.3, I even do not need to add my pin to get the driver works. So I use WRT v1.010 on 6.10.6187.0 and WRT v1.019 on 6.10.6162.3. The result is, 6.10.6187.0 works with no audio device, 6.10.6162.3 does not work anymore.

Edited by CrendKing

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• HunterZ0

• XinHong

• erp-ster7n

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had similar problems. Have you tried 1.009 on 6187? I was getting Code 10 or I'd get a Windows disabled audio icon but sound worked fine and then I tried 1.009 -- with modifications to work for 6187 such as copyfiles section, etc.

I had similar problems. Have you tried 1.009 on 6187? I was getting Code 10 or I'd get a Windows disabled audio icon but sound worked fine and then I tried 1.009 -- with modifications to work for 6187 such as copyfiles section, etc.

Never tried. Do you mean you had the disabled audio icon and other problems solved by using 1.009 on 6187?

BTW, how to get the quote working? I click the "+ QUOTE" icon, and it becomes red and "- QUOTE", and nothing else happens.

Edited by CrendKing

Guest Brent

A while back I tried the 1.006 drivers with my Inspiron 1520 and they worked, but the control panel didn't have any of the SRS options or anything similar. I just wanted that to be known. I tried the latest modded drivers that were posted in this thread and followed the instructions about adding in the pin and filter information, but they didn't work. I hope that you will eventually get it to work. Nevertheless, keep up the good work. :)

Never tried. Do you mean you had the disabled audio icon and other problems solved by using 1.009 on 6187?

BTW, how to get the quote working? I click the "+ QUOTE" icon, and it becomes red and "- QUOTE", and nothing else happens.

Click quote, then "add reply". Never tried it with fast reply.

I went through a lot of testing but my initial issues with 6187 included code 10's at first. Then I had the disabled audio icon but sound was working. I then used the 1.009 + file modification to match 6187.

Making sure the 'pin' branch was not found at: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000\Settings]

Using the original files here is my method for a 64bit install...

STWRT64.INF

+Add to [SourceDisksFiles]
WRT.ini

+Add to [IDT.NTx86] changing VEN_####&DEV_#### to appropriate numbers
%ST.DeviceDesc%=STHDA,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7618

stwrt64.INI

+ Add to [Models] changing VEN_####&DEV_#### to appropriate numbers
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7618=WRT.INI

WRT.INI (attached)

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7618=this

I don't use all my ports and haven't completed my INI testing yet... but it works for the moment.

WRT.zip

Click quote, then "add reply". Never tried it with fast reply.

I went through a lot of testing but my initial issues with 6187 included code 10's at first. Then I had the disabled audio icon but sound was working. I then used the 1.009 + file modification to match 6187.

Making sure the 'pin' branch was not found at: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000\Settings]

Using the original files here is my method for a 64bit install...

STWRT64.INF

+Add to [SourceDisksFiles]
WRT.ini

+Add to [IDT.NTx86] changing VEN_####&DEV_#### to appropriate numbers
%ST.DeviceDesc%=STHDA,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7618

stwrt64.INI

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7618=WRT.INI

WRT.INI (attached)

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7618=this

I don't use all my ports and haven't completed my INI testing yet... but it works for the moment.

Thanks. I used Fast reply.

What you described is exactly what I discovered. After switching back to 6.10.6162.3, I found that the equalizer does not have any effect, even though I can open up the window and adjust the sliders. Do you have similar issues?

The EQ currently doesn't work in 6187 for me. I haven't downgraded to try 6162 again but it was working at one time.

All whats happening its what i told Pieter long time ago. Drivers have a lot more to change than nvidia drivers. For nvidia its just add card IDs and reg entries to have mobile features. In this case to make a driver work is needed a lot of changes depending on each card because every single card has different pins and other lil things not said on this threads yet. Like i said, to make this work better, would be nice that everyone who can, make some INIs for specific cards to add a bigger number of cards fully supported with everything working. My damn laptop its still not fixed but when it is i can give my contribute for Sigmatel CXD 9872 in my vaio and help in some more testing that you might need Pieter.

Thanks for your excellent work bro. I could live without your work but my life would definitely not be the same :)

Edited by Beyond

The EQ currently doesn't work in 6187 for me. I haven't downgraded to try 6162 again but it was working at one time.

The EQ is very fiddly to get working you have to get the load order right.

I've made an INI with most things I've found enabled now.

As beyond said you will need to fiddle around with the PINs and also the filters to get it all to work.

I'll do some testing on this latest INI and upload it after I've worked on 185.85

The only thing I can't get to work as it should is Tone Controls, this feature is eluding me.

Andrea I can't get the extra 2 features to come up, but I doubt either Tone or Andea will be a used by by many.

It is a pain with 2 CP's as you can only run one from the task bar.

Both are accessable but one needs to be run with right click, open CP

Guest Inazuma

Hi,

I am having problem with my HP HDX 16, with Windows 7 64 bit installed. After a few restarts the IDT HD Audio Codec drivers will become corrupt or something and I will have to reinstall them.

I found this thread offering modded drivers and would like to try them out. I installed the latest topmost link in the first post (though didn't do anything else since the instructions are confusing, even for me). After restarting, my laptop kept making popping sounds, so I quickly uninstalled the drivers.

Can you advise me please?

Too bad there are still no XP drivers, although I think that maodding the right INIs like described here, with the info from the Vista INIs, would work well in XP too.

For instance, I am havinf problems with the speakers and headphones on my dv7-2000, none of them work, driver version 5.10.6146. Will try modding the INI later today, right now it

s 6:25 AM and I still haven't gone to bed.

Changed INF to v1.009 and INI to v1.031.

Oodles of changes and Dell i91400/E1705 owners have a fully functional driver.

Guest Guest brokkeloare

tried this driver on a inspiron 9400, it doesn't work. the driver says: the found hardware is not supported by this IDT software.

this is a translation from dutch, so the english version might be slighly different.

any solution?

One more time installer says my config is not supported by this IDT package. My ID is "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_1028022E", the last fully working drivers are 6162 with INF v1.003 and INI v1.010.

Guest Guest

I have an inspiron 1720 with HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&SUBSYS_102801F2&REV_1002

I have managed to get 8187 working with inf 1.006 and ini 1.031.

inf 1.009 gives me an error about my device not being supported when I install.

I only replaced the pins section of the ini as if I delete the filter section or replace it with the filter section from the dell drivers I get a code 10 error.

This combination allows me to practically get all the features from the screenshot section at the start of the thread, albeit with the old control panel. The dolby options doesn't seem to want to work either.

A couple of questions. What does LFX and GFX mean? and what does CrossMix under the preferences section of the IDT control panel do?

Thanks for all the hard work and I hope this helps

Any one having issues, tell me your OS version.

x32 and x64 have seperate installers.

I use x64 Win 7 build 7100 for testing hence the x32 version is just a hope for the best that it works.

INF v1.010 = fixed a little typo in x32 INF.

Should now install happily now for x32 users :)

Guest Guest

First of all thank you for modding these drivers!!! I enjoy the new features exposed by this modd, and so far it is working well.

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit RC build 7100. Dell Inspiron E1705.

I have only one complaint. I used to have 24-bit 192kHz playback options under the advanced tab in speaker options, but now I can only go up to 24-bit 48kHz. If there is any way that you could restore that option in a future release that would be great.

Thank you for your work on this driver!!! It is great so far! :)

Guest Guest brokkeloare

Also thanks for modding this driver. Now everything is working as it should be on a dell inspiron 9400 on vista 32 bit.

One tiny little flaw, I get the x on the volume speaker of windows in the taskbar, but everthing is fully functional.

Thanks again.

First of all thank you for modding these drivers!!! I enjoy the new features exposed by this modd, and so far it is working well.

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit RC build 7100. Dell Inspiron E1705.

I have only one complaint. I used to have 24-bit 192kHz playback options under the advanced tab in speaker options, but now I can only go up to 24-bit 48kHz. If there is any way that you could restore that option in a future release that would be great.

Thank you for your work on this driver!!! It is great so far! :)

Yeah, I noticed that too, I just cannot enable anything over 48k

Not sure if it's a driver issue or a setting.

Once I come across it will be 1st thing to get fixed.

Also thanks for modding this driver. Now everything is working as it should be on a dell inspiron 9400 on vista 32 bit.

One tiny little flaw, I get the x on the volume speaker of windows in the taskbar, but everthing is fully functional.

Thanks again.

I don't get that with my x64 setup.

Cross either normally means muted or service not started.

Glad it works though

Thanks again.

Try to disable - enable audio device in Device Manager

where is the newest ini file to download?

where is the newest ini file to download?

It's in 6187 driver