LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Any free driver update software out there?

Tailgun

I have been lost at sea with my Dell XPS Gen 2 laptop and its NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800 video card. LV2G is confusing and frustrating for the average person to suss out; I can follow the instructions to mode the INF files, but cannot identify what the latest driver might be for my card.

Of course, asking for any driver recommendations is not allowed here - and the Dell website is an even greater exercise in anger management.

So is there any truly free software out there that can identify needed driver updates, particularly for video cards?

Guest Guest

You could try radarsync, although that didnt work out all that well for my 9600m GS, but that is because it can only run OR homemade drivers of the maker of my laptop ( and those are pretty outdated) OR the modified drivers by D0x ( because legit drivers by nvidia freeze my laptop)

It is not particular made for videocard drivers, but you have a good chance that it finds your drivers because you need drivers from dell.

It is not a totally free program ( the full version removes the adds within the program, no spyware or something like that) It does what i should : Find the driver you need, and even install it for you. So you can try it, you have to find it through google, because i don't know if i am allowed to post a link :)