LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Unreal Tournament 3 @ ASUS A7Sn Series Laptop

Sebban

Hello.

This would be myu first post. I recently registered after I found out about this site.

Please excuse my bad grammar. Also excuse me if Im posting in wrong sub-forum.

There is a popular problem with Unreal Tournament 3 - It freezes randomly after wich reboot is required (there is no way to close it with task manager).

Its like Im playing (once 1 hour other time 3 hours) then all of a sudden game freezes with sound repeating and I cannot do nothing exept reboot (this happens online & offline)

I went to epic forums in search of help: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?p=26655385#post26655385

Before that I looked around and found this topic wich is epics response to that freezing problem: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=659371

Sumarising everything: It would seem that I will require a hand on installing desktop drivers for laptop to give it another try in searching for a freeze-free solution.

My system specs are:

ASUS A7Sn Series Laptop

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor @ 2.40Ghz

3 Gigs of Ram

nVidia GeForce 9500M GS

Windows Vista Hompe Premium 32 Bit

Is anybody familiar with this problem ?

Most recently in that topic Ive made I been told by user who had same problems to try the latest forceware drivers.

I asked him in a PM how did he installed his desktop drivers on a laptop via PM:

try these...

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_32bit_186.18_whql.html

Sometimes laptop drivers limit the chip functions to prevent overheat or crashes...

I've been using desktop drivers on my laptop since I bought it and had no problems whatsoever.

I'm always fixing people computers, trust me its worth a try.

If the drivers don't work then the manufacturer of your laptop has blocked stock nvidia drivers wich is something I'm totally against.

Most laptop manufacturers that do that won't bother to update the drivers unless they aknowledge the laptop in question is meant for gaming, so they don't see the need for updates.

So that way theres less chances of a faulty driver and less time, effort and money they waste on tech support.

Corporate bull**** I say. :)

Anyway you might also try the ones "oldkawman1" posted but they're actual laptop drivers wich might limit the chip functions and still cause you problems.

Sorry for the long~ish message :)

Im realy desperate to get my UT running freeze free.