LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Windows 7 x64 & HP Mini Remote Control Drivers ? "Solved"

^nox

Hey Guys

So I finally made the move over to Windows 7 and also omy first time since XP x64 using a x64 based system. Everything looks alright untill i looked through my device manager, and I was left with one device after all those update that just would not update. Ive done alot of research and i know 100% its related to my hp HID mini remote control which obviously isn't working. I tried downloading hp updates "Quick Launch Updates" for i beleive 6 different notebook types. But when i try to unzip the file it tells me its currupted "i mean all 6 file versions" ??? So that didnt work, I tried windows update but nothing. Is there anyone who could package me the windows HID remote control driver so i could try installing it manually ? Thank alot !!! Here is some pics of my missing hardware :

post-19481-1249672246_thumb.jpg

post-19481-124967230294_thumb.jpg

Edited by ^nox

the driver you're looking for is the ENE CIR driver that can be found here: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp41501-42000/sp41659.exe

This solved my problem. If this doesn't work I can send you another version of it.

Hey SirHumpsalot :) thansk for the promt reply, anyway i did test thsi verison of the driver i had my hopes up big time, it installed said the device is ready to use, but i tried the remote adn still nothing. So i checked device manager and saw that nothing has changed. I figured maybe i need to reboot, but nothing. Then i also tried isntalling the device manually searching for the driver, when i did i would either get "Device cant start as it cant load some componenets of the driver" or "Device cannot start" :P Do you have any other ideas ? :) Thanks again for all your help !

try installing this driver: http://www.fileqube.com/file/VhwVvSdSD208635 in comptablity mode (vista sp1), but before you install it install the latest Chipset Software Installation Utility for your laptop.

If you still have your swsetup folder you can try installing the original driver from there

try installing this driver: http://www.fileqube.com/file/VhwVvSdSD208635 in comptablity mode (vista sp1), but before you install it install the latest Chipset Software Installation Utility for your laptop.

If you still have your swsetup folder you can try installing the original driver from there

Ok here is the solution. The freaking battery was out ! I cant believe that haha, that was the last thing i checked i just randomly bought another one today just to test it. Now the remote works, although the device still remains unknown without any driver support ! :)

Thanks soo much SirHumpsalot for your help anyway ! Windows 7 is runing just perfect !

Edited by ^nox

Glad that everything worked out eventually, you can still try the "have disk method" on the unknown device, it's supposed to be the ene cir driver

Glad that everything worked out eventually, you can still try the "have disk method" on the unknown device, it's supposed to be the ene cir driver

OK ill give it a shot ! :) Thanks again mate !

Edit: Ok did find the CIR driver and used have a disk method and it installed !!! :) Thanks again !

Edited by ^nox

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks,

Installed the driver but remote control doesn't works.

Anyone knows?!

Did you check the battery, that was the only problem i had :)

• 1 month later...
Guest gabriel_yo_2000@yahoo.com

i have the same problem on my dv7(1250es) i've tried to install the driver but still unknown device can u help please??i've tried also the CIR and nothin.....pls reply (the baterry is good i've checked with a voltmeter)

• 1 month later...

the driver you're looking for is the ENE CIR driver that can be found here: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp41501-42000/sp41659.exe

This solved my problem. If this doesn't work I can send you another version of it.

Thanks guys, this driver solved the problem. I looked everywhere for a solution.. couldn't find anything on HP's site linking to this driver, all functions of the remote are working now.