• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• mobilenvidia

• Newwave

• skaarj

Guest William

Will this driver work for Sony Vaio's? I've been trying to find a driver for the 8400m GT for a Sony VGN-FZ290 using 32 Bit Windows 7 . Thanks so much for any help or advice.

William

Guest SevenUP

Thanks - was able to install after making this change. Unfortunately after installing this driver I had a lot of trouble with video files. mov files had no sound in WMP and out of tune (wrong speed?) sound in VLC. wmvs worked OK but avi and flv glitched up in VLC then gives a black screen for a while before finally going to BSOD with reference to "nvlddmkm.sys".

I have reverted back to my long serving previous driver from this site (182.05) which I have been very grateful for after having no end of trouble with official drivers before that so many thanks to the folk here for that.

Anyway I was looking for an upgrade after encountering some problems with a new app - anyone got any recommendation for 8600M GT Vista 32?

I have the 8400M GS on windows seven, and the best driver for me is the 191.07:

kind regards :)

Really hoping someone can help me with this as it's driving me crazy. I have crawled the net and tried at least a dozen different ways to try and get it working to no avail.

I'll try not to ramble but want to give as much info as poss first time around

So here's where i am.

hardware. dell xps m1710 with a nvidia geforce go 7950 GTX.

clean windows 7 install initially setup the video with the standard vga driver as expected. I immediatley ran win update after install and it spotted the 7950 gtx immediatley and d/l installed the driver. After the requested reboot I saw the windows startup screen for the first 20 seconds or so then nothing but a blank screen. I thought i'd leave it for a while just incase something appeared, but nothing after 5 mins. I did notice the h/disk light appears to stop flashing pretty much as soon as the video blanks out. ( poss useful info ?? )

ok. so to summerise the next few days working on this. tried lots of video drivers inc the old dell ones that were for vista. ( i thought win 7 would run the vista driver even though crap 1 year + old driver. at least it should have got win 7 to boot then work from there. ) however no luck.

had various issues when trying other drivers. i tried multiple install methods with each. eg setup.exe from the driver folder OR "have disk" method from within device manager. As i say all failed . Various reasons eg they either flat refused to install OR installation completed but got the old error re could not install fully Or it couldn't find compatible hardware... basically all the usual stuff.

ok, so i come across the laptopvideo2go site and my heart starts working again. a quick once over the install methods etc and i'm starting to think this is going to be easy. OH DEAR ! a little premature.

So current situation is as follows.

downloaded the new win 7 32 bit drivers released yesterday ( with the rebuild modded .inf ).

installed by running the setup.exe and nearly fell over when it installed with out any problems. sorted i thought ...... WRONG.

same old problem. restart and win 7 starts up but then the screen goes blank 20 sec's after first graphics are shown on screen.

I rebooted , F8 and tried to boot into low res ( so it would still use the new 7950 driver but nothing fancy on the resolution etc ) . same prob again. starts to boot then blank screen 20 secs or so after the first few flower graphics ).

currently the only way i can boot into win 7 is via safe mode. When in safe mode i can however confirm in device manager that the 7950 gtx is there. ( although obviously can't do much with it as safe mode disables pretty much all setting in there and windows was loaded using the standard vga driver. ( thank god else i wouldn't be able to boot even in safe mode .. lol )

i would really appreciate it if anyone could give me a spark of inspiration on sorting this out. happy to not rule out something really simple that i might have over looked.

cheers

Guest InsidiouZ

Iam getting so sick of nvidia, nothing works with windows 7, get some proper drivers...

I can only adjust brightness from ultra dark to dark.

Iam still having constant flicker with my 8600m, is this ever gonna be fixed??

I cant play sound over HDMI.

Ridiculous bs, next time Iam getting an ATI card,

Hey guys, I have a Sony VAIO VGN-SZ740 and it has a nVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS. But unfortunately I found that I can't install the latest firmware from nVIDIA's website. Because they say they can't provide laptop drivers and only OEM can. My question is how I can install the latest firmware on my laptop from this website or even nVIDIA's official driver?

Thank you very much. :)

New in Version 195.39

Adds support for OpenCL 1.0 (Open Computing Language) for all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.

Adds support for CUDA Toolkit 3.0 features and performance enhancements. See CUDA Zone for more details.

Adds SLI and multi-GPU support for Borderlands, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, G-Force, FIFA Soccer 2010, League of Legends: Clash of Fates, NHL 2009, Order of War, Pro Evolution Soccer 2010, Race On, Star Trek: D-A-C. Improved SLI and multi-GPU support for Champions: Online and Dragon Age: Origins.

Includes over 200 bug fixes. Refer to the release notes on the documentation tab for information about the key bug fixes in this release.

Guest supratentorial

i have nvidia 7150m card on my hp dv9823...the setup doesnt install drivers and comes up with the error that my hardware isnt supported?! any help would be much appreciated...

Did you use the modified inf?

i have nvidia 7150m card on my hp dv9823...the setup doesnt install drivers and comes up with the error that my hardware isnt supported?! any help would be much appreciated...

Did you unzip all the INFs from the zip file in the driver dir ?

Did you use the modified inf?

yes did you ?

Did you unzip all the INFs from the zip file in the driver dir ?

the HP specific (nvbl) inf seems to include just Quadro cards :)

Guest TimbreWolf

I have the 8400M GS on windows seven, and the best driver for me is the 191.07:

kind regards :)

Just tried this now and unfortunately had similar issues again playing videos though not as serious as before. Just reinstalling my old driver now.

Has anyone else got any suggestions for a Vista 32 with 8600M GT driver?

Strange I had a similar issue again - was wondering if maybe I'm doing something wrong? The method I use is to uninstall the old driver, reboot to Safe Mode, clean the Nvidia Display drivers with Driver Sweeper, reboot, install new driver using "have disc" method and reboot to complete. Is this OK?

Cheers,

TW

Just a question here, is this still under Beta? Could've sworn that when I downloaded it previously it was a BETA driver, but now I'm not sure anymore. The old Beta (if there was an old one to begin with)that I downloaded caused funky artifacts for my 8600m GT, but I loved the 300 different resolutions that it offered. Anyone can tell me if this is Beta, or had the same problems? :)

i'm using win7 on my laptop which has a 8600m GT but its not working properly. i tried a lot of drivers. looks like there are more people having problem with win7 on 8600m GT. i cant even use rivatuner to downclock gpu. wonder if someone can help me. [sorry for my bad english]

here is the error of rivatuner when i tried to use.

http://img294.imageshack.us/i/adsztc.jpg/

i cant even use rivatuner to downclock gpu. wonder if someone can help me. [sorry for my bad english]

here is the error of rivatuner when i tried to use.

http://img294.imageshack.us/i/adsztc.jpg/

NVidia changed the way the driver works so RivaTuner must be updated to work with 195.39.

Can someone tell me if this one runs better than the 186.82 (FPS, temperature) on a GTX260M ?

I have such a card in my Asus laptop but it already heats very much, so I don't want to install a driver that causes more heating. But feature-wise, it looks promising so I'd like to try it anyway.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

my vista aero score is 5.0 after install this driver it is 4.8 now.not good for me :) p.s:using nvidia geforce 9500m gs.

solve the problem myself.9500m gs come with direct x 10.this driver contains direct x 11.so my aero score is back to normal with 186.69 Asus driver(contains direct x 10.1)