LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v195.39 Windows 7/Vista 64bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

Works if you rename the file "nvinfo" to "nvinfo.pb"

Confirmed install with windows Vista x64. NV Control Panel has a new start page, but it still works fine and the same for my desktop and laptop.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• veritas72

• Korn1699

• hemz0

• One Skunk Todd

I have tried various sources of this driver including the new nVidia's official driver reposted on their site + renaming nvinfo to nvinfo.pb but the "system has not been modified" error still persists :S. I dont know what else to do.

I have tried various sources of this driver including the new nVidia's official driver reposted on their site + renaming nvinfo to nvinfo.pb but the "system has not been modified" error still persists :S. I dont know what else to do.

I still can't get it to work either. I've tried everything suggested in this thread. :)

EDIT: Ok, tried it again with the official beta from NVIDIA's USA site and the modded .inf from here and it seems to have worked.

Edited by spac3cow6oy

I'm having a problem with this driver and all the 19x drivers. They all seem to install fine with the modded inf file but when the machine restarts I get the logon screen at the right resolution, briefly, and then the screen goes black. I can still see and move the mouse, and the mouse looks right, but I can't see any other part of the desktop. Is there a fix for this problem?

ETA:

Dual GTX 280m SLI 1GB

Onboard 9400m

Edited by One Skunk Todd

for those who installed it, what about temperature and performance? :)

cant install the driver. whats going wrong?? my gpu should be supported.

anyone an idea?

Guest Guest11

I finally got this working for my 8600m GT.

Download the driver from here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_64bit_195.39_beta.html

Use the modded inf file from here: http://laptopvideo2go.com/infs/195series/19539_win7x64/nv_disp.inf

In order to install it you must go into device manager and update your display driver software. Go to "browse my computer" from the device manager menu then select "let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" go to Have disk and then enter your c\nvidia location. It should work.

Guest Guest11

I finally got this working for my 8600m GT.

Download the driver from here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_64bit_195.39_beta.html

Use the modded inf file from here: http://laptopvideo2go.com/infs/195series/19539_win7x64/nv_disp.inf

In order to install it you must go into device manager and update your display driver software. Go to "browse my computer" from the device manager menu then select "let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" go to Have disk and then enter your c\nvidia location. It should work.

I forgot to add that after you download the modded inf file, copy all the data in the modded inf into the original nvidia inf then save it.

I still can't get it to work either. I've tried everything suggested in this thread. :)

EDIT: Ok, tried it again with the official beta from NVIDIA's USA site and the modded .inf from here and it seems to have worked.

Yes I did the same thing and it worked.. finally :)

beginner you can install the new driver ,

ofter restart and disable the hybryd in bios

restart and enable only sli

restart and able hybrid

restart and you have sli+9400

Thank you. I did step one, no problem, and now I have 195.39 installed with my onboard 9400. The problem is my bios doesn't seem to give the option to enable only sli. Is there someplace else I should make this setting?

ETA: Never mind, I figured it out. Thank you so much, 195.39 installed successfully for all adapters. Now if only the stupid game would run. :)

Edited by One Skunk Todd

there are new beta drivers for laptops in the nvidia website, v195.39

Sorry, I brain farted. I meant to say 195.39. I edited my previous post.

Driver re-uploaded with the file rename error fixed.

Added International files

Added OEM Notebook INFs

I have encountered a bug with the Nvidia release of these drivers where I could not add a custom resolution. I could attempt to, but the test would always fail. However, I could add these resolutions in the registry and they would work fine.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{GID}\NV_Modes.

I have not tried the LV2G version, but the bug probably affects this version too.

Edited by Shakey_Jake33

installed just fine from the Nvidia site without modded INF, got a blue screen after about 6 hours of folding on a 8600m, dell 1530

The problem is described so:

Constantly takes off (crash for the black screen for 2 seconds) driver Video GF 9650M GT under Windows 7 on laptops Asus.

The problem decision is applied after driver installation:

Press windows+R - to appear a window to Execute.

Type in line Regedit and press OK.

The Editor of the Register will open

Find in the editor of the register the next line:

"\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video \(*Here number which depends on your laptop *)\0000\PerfLevelSrc"

Choose "PerfLevelSrc" and replace "3333" on "2222"!

Choose "powermizerenable" replace on "0"

Choose "powermizerlevel" replace on "1"

Choose "powermizerlevelAC" replace on "1"

The problem should be solved!

Ways of reinsertion Bios are still offered, but I do not think that it is necessary so to risk...

I have personally established the driver 195.39. All remarkably works!

Please, can someone test if these work fine with 2D apps like 'Windows (Live) Photo Gallery' in slideshow mode?

With 191.07 I discovered some apps like WPG didn't use accelerated gfx resulting in sluggish and jerky fade-off (or other selected effects) transition when in slideshow mode. Probably switched to sofware only rendering. 3D games instead did work fine.

So, please, can someone test the WPG thing and see if the slideshow transition effects are fluid or jerky (= software rendering)?

GF9600M GT, HP Pavilion dv5 here...

so is it still possible to enable 3D vision discover? do I need to make a modification to the inf?

Edited by veritas72

Do these support power miser?

doesn't work, doesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't workdoesn't work on Seven 64 :)

INF Modified can't decompress

i can't launch nv_disp.exe

before yours modded inf and driver works very well, now doesn't work :)

I had to back off to 186.81 due to "buffer overruns" with Quake 2.

Guest The Black Knight

All,

Just some observations using these under Vista x64 Premium.

These particular drivers provide noticeable improvement in most of the latest PC games.

Overall, they are very stability, with minimal amount of anomalies.

HOWEVER, before installation make sure you get rid of all OLD drivers!

This includes uninstalling nVidia Performance System Tools and any old Physx installations.

I skipped this step while installing thinking I got rid of them previously, but I still had system tools installed.

These drivers replace everything, and the installer does not do a great job in fixing the problem of auto uninstalling old drivers.

My laptop ended up in a vicious install loop, in which I had to go back into Safe Mode, manual get rid of the rest and then start the process all over again.

These drivers are compatible with NVidia System Tools 6.05.

The_Black_Knight

Guest The_Black_Knight

Added note, I used the v195.39 beta Notebook drivers off of the nVidia website, versus the modd inf.

This should fix some of the users problems.

There seems to be a conflict with control panel usuage with the modded inf here.