LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Hybrid SLI® technology

mobilenvidia

Hope these descriptions of NVIDIA technology is helping you guys that are looking at updating but have no idea what it all means.

Hybrid SLI® technology, based on NVIDIA’s industry-leading SLI technology, delivers multi-GPU (graphics processing unit) benefits when an NVIDIA® motherboard GPU is combined with an NVIDIA discrete GPU. Hybrid SLI increases graphics performance with GeForce® Boost and provides intelligent power management with HybridPower™.

HybridPower

HybridPower unleashes graphics performance when needed and switches to quiet, low-power quiet operation for everyday computing. Combine an NVIDIA Hybrid SLI-enabled GPU into a NVIDIA Hybrid SLI-enabled motherboard (mGPU) for the ultimate control. Dial up performance for demanding 3D games and applications; downshift to the mGPU to reduce noise and extended battery life for everyday computing tasks like browsing the Web, word processing, or watching High Definition videos.

GeForce Boost

GeForce Boost turbocharges the performance of NVIDIA discrete GPUs when combined with NVIDIA motherboard GPUs. Plug any NVIDIA Hybrid SLI-enabled GPU into any NVIDIA Hybrid SLI-enabled motherboard to enjoy additive performance and more for your money.

Guest Andrius

Thanks for explanation.

I'm using laptop MSI EX 630 whit Hybrid SLI(64 bit W7). And have a problem whit drivers. Can't find any suitable. Not works 197.16 from nvidia(they say, it's not suported for hybrid sli) , but when I tied with modified .ini from here, looks like it works, but now I can boost system only from icon next to clock, not by changing battery from power safe, to high perform..

And another problem is, that after longer time in sleep mode, by turning on, I get black screen, computer freeze. And only manual reboot helps ( And I must take off battery, then put it back, that I could launch computer). I don't know it's caused by video drivers or not.

It would be nice, to hear more about this technology and get some issues.

• 1 month later...

This came in very helpful as I'm currently looking into upgrading my software. Thanks a lot

• 8 months later...
Guest Pjotr Mengede

Hello Moderators,

This all looks so awesome i have been searching for months to find drivers for my laptop, I have a 9100M G combined with 9600M GS Hybrid SLI. But the drivers from Nvidia didnt work after release 197.45 I almost gave up but then i found you.

Do you know if there are modded drivers that work? if so which ones?

Thanks so much!

Kind regards,

Pjotr Mengede

Notebook specifics:

System Manufacturer: MiTAC

Notbook: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T9600 @ 2.80GHz 2.80GHz

Hybrid SLI:GeForce 9100M G, GeForce 9600M GS (current driver version 197.45)

4,00 GB (RAM)

Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit Operating System)

18,4" Widescreen

• 6 months later...
Guest hope white

Customer By Web Form (hope white) 08/03/2011 08:39 PM Hello, this is a one custemer of thousands from China. We need the driver of GT500M seriers for the XP 32bit and 64 bit .So could I konw , when we get the driver form your company. In china , we prefer th XP systerm. Thanks!

Subject
Hello, this is a one custemer of thousands from China. We need the driver of GT5...
Discussion Thread
Response Via Email (Ray)
08/04/2011 08:11 AM Hello,

Thank you for your bug submission. I am sorry but NVIDIA does not offer reference driver support for Windows XP for the GeForce GT 500M series. Although NVIDIA does provide notebook reference driver on our web it only support Windows Vista and Windows 7 for this particular device. Windows XP support for laptop GPUs ended with the 270.xx series of driver. As far as we know all laptops currently shipping GT 500M series does not support Windows XP OS natively. If your laptop does indeed support Windows XP natively then please contact the laptop manufacture for XP drivers. Note that your laptop manufacture will only offer drivers for OS that is supported with laptop.

If your laptop manufacture does not support XP, and you are willing to risk a third party solution, you may try www.laptopvideo2go.com. This website hosts NVIDIA reference graphics drivers which have been modified to install on most laptops and support all OS. Please keep in mind that these modified drivers do not contain any customizations for your system, and will not be supported by the maker of your laptop or by NVIDIA. Please note that these modified drivers may leave your system in a bad state if the drivers doesn't like it, so use at your own risk. You should be able to recover by booting into Windows in Safe mode and uninstalling the drivers if problem does occur. Simply go to www.laptopvideo2go.com and it should try to detect your notebook and provide a recommendation. Post in their forum if you need help.

Best regards,

NVIDIA Customer Care
Issue Reference #110803-000260
Product Level 1:
GeForce graphics
Date Created:
08/03/2011 08:39 PM
Last Updated:
08/04/2011 08:11 AM
Closed No Submission
Choose OS:
Microsoft XP 32bit
Product Name:
GT520M
Driver Version:
[---001:002099:17208---]

Guest hope white

Customer By Web Form (hope white) 08/03/2011 08:39 PM

Hello, this is a one custemer of thousands from China. We need the driver of GT500M seriers for the XP 32bit and 64 bit .So could I konw , when we get the driver form your company. In china , we prefer th XP systerm. Thanks!

Discussion Thread Response Via Email (Ray) 08/04/2011 08:11 AM Hello,

Thank you for your bug submission. I am sorry but NVIDIA does not offer reference driver support for Windows XP for the GeForce GT 500M series. Although NVIDIA does provide notebook reference driver on our web it only support Windows Vista and Windows 7 for this particular device. Windows XP support for laptop GPUs ended with the 270.xx series of driver. As far as we know all laptops currently shipping GT 500M series does not support Windows XP OS natively. If your laptop does indeed support Windows XP natively then please contact the laptop manufacture for XP drivers. Note that your laptop manufacture will only offer drivers for OS that is supported with laptop.

If your laptop manufacture does not support XP, and you are willing to risk a third party solution, you may try www.laptopvideo2go.com. This website hosts NVIDIA reference graphics drivers which have been modified to install on most laptops and support all OS. Please keep in mind that these modified drivers do not contain any customizations for your system, and will not be supported by the maker of your laptop or by NVIDIA. Please note that these modified drivers may leave your system in a bad state if the drivers doesn't like it, so use at your own risk. You should be able to recover by booting into Windows in Safe mode and uninstalling the drivers if problem does occur. Simply go to www.laptopvideo2go.com and it should try to detect your notebook and provide a recommendation. Post in their forum if you need help.

Best regards,

NVIDIA Customer Care Issue Reference #110803-000260 Product Level 1: GeForce graphics Date Created: 08/03/2011 08:39 PM Last Updated: 08/04/2011 08:11 AM Status: Closed No Submission Choose OS: Microsoft XP 32bit Product Name: GT520M Driver Version: [---001:002099:17208---][/indent]