LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA driver branch 260 announced - fixes DX7 issues

Guest Stefan

Guest Stefan

ntersect blog: "I’m already looking forward to telling you all about the new Release 260 drivers which are coming in about a month’s time."

NVIDIA drivers forum: "The fix for Gothic I and II is a major driver change which will also fix other DX7 class games. The fix was recently integrated into our Release 260 driver. We will soon be testing a few older DX7 games to verify the changes fix the issue. Hopefully assuming these changes worked, you will see fix in the next web release based on our 260 branch."

Source: Guru3D

Maybe now Final Fantasy XI Online wont have a problem with 9700M GTS and High Shadows like i've been getting with low frames..

does this mean... Starcraft will work? ^^

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Diceman

does this mean... Starcraft will work? ^^

Starcraft is Ddraw, not D3D.

and they never said it fixes all Dx7 just gothic.

most of the Dx<8 issues are hardware limitations with dithering and not blending 16bpp< properly.

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on 260 drivers?.. Maybe it will fix slow performance of Sacred on Vista... The game uses DirectX 7 too...