LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Nvidia Gefore GT425M Vaio Laptops are fussy

eatleet

Well I just spent the last two hours trying to get this stupid driver to update but with all the info files and all the different versions of drivers to try i've yet to succeed.

Firstly the type of laptop I'm using is a Sony Vaio VPCF136FM.

The video card type is a Nvidia Geforce GT 425M.

OS is Win 7 64 bit.

The most recent update for the card from Nvidia was the 160.99. So I figured i'd start there. The first error was of course "Couldn't find a compatable card". Which is their way of saying sony is anal about what you can update so we're blocking you. Well i screwed around with the INF files but never got the actual setup to get anywhere, so I went the have disk route.

I've got it down as to WHAT i'm supposed to do in order to update. And I get to the modded inf files with 425M compatibility. However instead of a "Your video driver is up to date" error i used to get (which is BS since its 185.XX versions), i get a "This driver doesn't support this version of windows." Which is odd since i'm specifically downloading the drivers for win 7 64 bit.

So at this point i'm flustered and have damn near given up on it.

I'm hoping someone here will have some idea of how to get a Vaio to cooperate or atleast someone who's come across this error already and knows what to do.

Here's hoping, thanks in advance.

shamefull self bump...i'm desperate at this point.

Guest CygnusX1

I've also got a Sony VPCF13NFX/B that also has the NVIDIA 425M GT card. The only drivers that exist are for Windows 7 64. I need them for Windows 7 32 so I can get video up in my virtual machine. Sony just doesn't write drivers and solid utilities. It's always been that way.

I need them for Windows 7 32 so I can get video up in my virtual machine.

Virtual machines dont use the same drivers your hardware does, they have their own software installer that contains the drivers and you should see the option to install in one of the above "file" menus (in VPC they are called "Integration Components" and in VMware they are called "VMware Tools")

Edited by ricktendo64