LaptopVideo2Go Forums

9600M GT on Sony Vaio

Pielstick

I've got a Sony Vaio AW31M with a 9600M GT on Win7 64, but as we all know Sony are no longer participating in the Nvidia driver programme so none of the recent Nvidia driver will work on a Vaio.

The latest drivers provided by Sony are the ridiculuously old 186.40. I've tried without success to install various drivers from Laptopvideo2go along with modded infs - nothing seems to work.

Can someone please point me in the direction of the most recent set of drivers/inf that will work on a Sony laptop?

Thanks!

Edited by Pielstick

You can install any of these special WHQL drivers from MS Update Catalog without a modded INF

=win7x64"]http://laptopvideo2go.com/drivers?dev=0647⊂=&whql=0〈=0&orderby=version&dir=desc&os=&os[]=win7x64

Edited by ricktendo64

Don't know if you have tried, or looked. Check out Windows Update (either from Tools in IE or via the Control Panel). See if there is an updated driver listed there. HP abandoned EVERYONE that bought the EXPENSIVE Firebird Gaming Computers (with GeForce 9800 S x2 SLI) and my best luck has been with installing whatever Windows Update suggests. Right now I am using 266.58 with great framerates and super stability. Good luck!

You can install any of these special WHQL drivers from MS Update Catalog without a modded INF

=win7x64"]http://laptopvideo2go.com/drivers?dev=0647⊂=&whql=0〈=0&orderby=version&dir=desc&os=&os[]=win7x64

Thanks very much! I managed to install the latest driver from that list, although I did need to use the modified inf.

Thanks again!