LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Acer Aspire 5630 rejecting all Nvidia drivers.

ajhb

I recently got rid of Vista on my Acer Aspire 5630 laptop in favor of installing Windows XP Service Pack 3, it's all working brilliantly as I've downloaded all previous drivers except for the nVidia VGA. (for nVidia Geforce GO 7300)

I've tried numerous drivers from various sources, but no luck. So my last ditch attempt is this post, help.

Am I right in thinking this driver is whats stopping me from getting the correct resolution for my screen? In addition to my laptop being unable to recognize a secondary monitor?

Every nVidia driver I have attempted to install is telling me I have no compatible hardware, but there were no issues with it on Vista.

I have tried 270.61, 270.80, 275.33 and lastly 275.33 which states "The graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware", not dissimilar to the outcome of the rest.

I'm not incredibly computer literate but I doubt I've made any mistakes. If you can shed any light on the situation I'd be so grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Adam

Edited by ajhb

Guest random dude

Did you overwrite the installer-inf file with the modified inf (green link next to driver) with each driver

you tried? Or did you just download a version and run the installer?

For mobile chipsets "almost" every driver version needs the original inf overwritten with a modified one.

If you install Microsoft Update it should recommend a driver for you, it should suggest one of these WHQL drivers from MS Updates

http://laptopvideo2go.com/drivers?dev=01D7⊂=&whql=1〈=0&orderby=version&dir=desc&os=&os[]=xp

If you install Microsoft Update it should recommend a driver for you, it should suggest one of these WHQL drivers from MS Updates

http://laptopvideo2go.com/drivers?dev=01D7⊂=&whql=1〈=0&orderby=version&dir=desc&os=&os[]=xp

Microsoft Update is already installed, it takes me to a webpage though. No recommended drivers in sight.

And yes I have replaced the inf files with their modded counterparts each time i've attempted to install drivers from this website.

I just tried 198.05, everything worked but setup.exe and nvcplsetupeng.exe

"The nVidia Setup Program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware."