• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheDood

• Gwiz

• zipper

• coolguy16

Hello everybody! I'd like to kindly ask for support. Toshiba Qosmio F50-108. I sucessfully put the .inf file and install the driver package. after every restart i got a blue screen after i write my password, when its time the windows to show the icons. the BSOD says nvlddmkm.sys . I just can't do anything and I'm starting to think that my card is kinda cutted version ( 9700M GTS) and it won't run the newest drivers. Is this is a common problem or there is no solution for me? I verify that system32/drivers the nvlddmkm.sys is the latest. Any ideas how to handle this? Thank you!

The Nvidia modded INF in the guide is only for some Vaio models. Doesn't the original Nvidia driver support your card?

My GT 330M is supported I'm pretty sure with the original inf. but for some reason I cannot install the driver. I do have hybrid graphics on my laptop though. I'm not sure if this is the reason I'm having trouble installing the driver.

is this only for sony vaio models? or can i use this guide for my acer aspire 5745G? It uses hybrid video cards to save bettery

are you playing any games with this driver? as I am trying to install the 285.62 for battlefield 3

I would install the newest nvidia drivers for BF3. I think nvidia has optimized the newest drivers for BF3.

Guest Lash444

uninstall all your nvidia graphic drivers, 3d vision, phys x, etc..

Then run this http://www.guru3d.co.../driversweeper/

make sure to select which options you want it to search for and then remove those entries from registry.

reboot and install new drivers

http://www.guru3d.co.../driversweeper/

driver sweeper seems to fix most of the problems i have with drivers.

it removes old junk registry entries/files that seem to get leftover.

I don't think this is his issue. OP, does your notebook come with 2 graphics cards by chance? Some of the newer laptops have nvidia/intel using Optimus. I couldn't go passed 276.67 on my laptop (Alienware) until i disabled Optimus in the bios. Unfortunately, it meant loading a hacked bios first in order to deactivate Optimus.

Although I guess a later bios version from Alienware allowed users to install newer versions of Nvidia drivers without having to mod them and doing what I listed above. However, I am just pointing you in the direction I had to take. Of course, you do this at your own risk.

Guest Lash444

uninstall all your nvidia graphic drivers, 3d vision, phys x, etc..

Then run this http://www.guru3d.co.../driversweeper/

make sure to select which options you want it to search for and then remove those entries from registry.

reboot and install new drivers

http://www.guru3d.co.../driversweeper/

driver sweeper seems to fix most of the problems i have with drivers.

it removes old junk registry entries/files that seem to get leftover.

I don't think this is his issue. OP, does your notebook come with 2 graphics cards by chance? Some of the newer laptops have nvidia/intel using Optimus. I couldn't go passed 276.67 on my laptop (Alienware) until i disabled Optimus in the bios. Unfortunately, it meant loading a hacked bios first in order to deactivate Optimus.

Although I guess a later bios version from Alienware allowed users to install newer versions of Nvidia drivers without having to mod them and doing what I listed above. However, I am just pointing you in the direction I had to take. Of course, you do this at your own risk.

I have 2 graphics cards with Intel Hybrid graphics. I dont know if it uses optimus. I have an Acer Aspire 5745G. How did you even get 276.67 installed? And is there anywhere I can get this bios to install the newest drivers? Or are there other steps i can take to get the newest drivers?

With 276.76, i used a modified .inf. That worked before i installed the changed bios.

In order to use drivers > 276.76, i I had to disable Optimus in the bios for alienware m17xr3.

Recently, Alienware released a bios update for 460m, 560m, and other nvidia cards that allow new drivers to be installed while running optimus. Since yours is an Acer, I doubt this is available to you. However, they may have an option in your computers bios or a new bios that allows you to do what i did.

I use a Medion AKOYA P8610 with a 9100M (DEV_086E&SUBSYS_90701071) & 9600M GS (DEV_0648&SUBSYS_90701071) hybrid SLI

...after installing this driver with the linked .inf my notebook freezes for about 2 minutes whenever I try to enable SLI.

When the freeze is over it automatically switched back to the 9100M, which works fine, instead of SLI-mode.

Any help? Would really appreciate it

• 2 weeks later...

I have noticed in all these modified driver 2xx.xx that the help file does not open.

When i restored for test the original drivers provided by Microsoft on Windows 7 x64 ( have laptop with GeForce 7400Go) the help works fine (open a .chm file i remember)

Hi

I am hoping someone can help me out with putting

285.62 or Higher

on my laptop.

I have a Sony Vaio VPCZ122GX with a GT 330M

O/S: Windows 7 Pro Sp1

I have been trying a few different options from different forums and have not had any luck yet.

Is this possible?

THANKS!!

Hi I am hoping someone can help me out with putting 285.62 or Higher on my laptop. I have a Sony Vaio VPCZ122GX with a GT 330M O/S: Windows 7 Pro Sp1 I have been trying a few different options from different forums and have not had any luck yet. Is this possible? THANKS!!

I've been hoping the same thing for months now. Acer Aspire 5745G Nvidia 330M GT paired with onboard video (hybrid graphics to save power) Windows 7 64 bit

• 1 month later...

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/28935-v28562-windows-7vista-32bit-nvidia-oem-mobile/

Download the driver + the modified inf; put the inf into Display.Driver folder and doubleclick setup.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Is there any way to tell if you have installed successfully the Modded INF files?

I'm running (or was running) vanilla v285.62. I had downloaded the driver & the modded INF from the first page of this thread, but every time I tried to install it from sn0wl's tutorial it kept saying that there was an error.

I ended up just unzipping the exe I had got from Nvidia's site & then just placing the modded INF file in that folder's Display.Driver subfolder. Then installed using the tutorial and it worked. However going into EVGA, it still shows the same info as it had before I tried. So how can I tell if I'm running with the tweaked settings?

The only difference I saw was in the scenario where I received the error message, in device manager under the graphic card it says "driver not signed" under digital signer as opposed to the 2nd time around (when I just put the modded inf into the driver I had downloaded from nvidia's site) now it says "Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher" under digital signer.

I'm using an ACER 8930G.

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

My GT 330M is supported I'm pretty sure with the original inf. but for some reason I cannot install the driver. I do have hybrid graphics on my laptop though. I'm not sure if this is the reason I'm having trouble installing the driver.

Sir can ihave the modded INF file

email : victor.indrajit.1@gmail.com