LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v295.73 Windows 7/Vista 64bit | NVIDIA OEM Mobile

mobilenvidia

This driver is pretty good for my system. The Mass Effect 3 demo is smoother now, and when comparing frame rates with the previous beta driver, these have also increased by about 10 fps. 3DMark06 results are identical for me with this driver, just like all the notebook drivers I've tried over the last year.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• mobilenvidia

• coolguy16

• Beyond

Zipper, you could just use System Restore to sort out your registry problems, might take less time?

I'd done it if it would help - the problem has been there too long to be cured via restore.

Checked my old Vista32 laptop, 261.28, which downclocks happily on whatever power to 2D. And to my big surprise there were just general settings in registry for powermizer. Nothing for perflevelsrc, nothing for powermizerdefault/level/levelac/enable. I'm baffled, the same doesn't work in the newer laptop with Win7/64 and 295.51 -just high perf 3D and one step down of the three which should be available.screenhunter101feb26131.jpg

Tinkered further, got even my startup corrupted and had to repair - no success. Had to restore - Windows claimed it didn't work. But yet it worked. And after all - it's HDMI! Via VGA clocks down to 2D, via HDMI not. Sh#t system!

I'm new to forcing my driver and have run into a snag. I can get everything working fine, install the drivers and everything. However when i restart I always get a BSOD. Anything I'm missing? Tried both installing from the setup.exe and "i have disk" methods.

Sony Vaio VPCCW17FX

Geforce G210M (PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A74&SUBSYS_905E104D&REV_A2)

Thank you for any help.

EDIT - The file that is reported during the BSOD is nvlddmkm.sys

Edited by jawohl

I will put this in here, maybe I can get a fix for this or help someone else out.

After 6 hours of messing with stuff I have figured out a solution... I disabled Aero! and now everything works great.

Any ideas on this?

Aero was the first thing I disabled when launching my new laptop.

cant install on Windows 8 consumer preview, what should am i do ?, will there Windows 8 support ?

Use the attached modded INF for Sony Vaio models FZ, AR, AW and CW.

nvszc.inf

Edited by coolguy16

cant install on Windows 8 consumer preview, what should am i do ?, will there Windows 8 support ?

Use the attached modded INF for Sony Vaio models FZ, AR, AW and CW.

nvszc.inf

Cannot make it work in Windows 8 Consumer Preview either, despite trying many-many versions (on my Sony Vaio Aw-2xryq)… anyone?

Cannot make it work in Windows 8 Consumer Preview either, despite trying many-many versions (on my Sony Vaio Aw-2xryq)… anyone?

My modded INF won't work with Win 8. Why don't you use the driver from Windows Update (if available)?

My modded INF won't work with Win 8. Why don't you use the driver from Windows Update (if available)?

Windows 8 does not recognise the card at all, Windows Update does not help either. The only driver that works is the very old official one from Sony.

no way, i doesnt work with go 7300,tried modded inf and sony vaio inf

Yup cannot get this to install on Windows 8 consumer preview either. although this is the driver Nvidia recommend, it does not seem to like either the modded INF's, or the Sony Card. Ive never had a problem before, just now on the CP of Windows 8. No driver will install. Using the setup, it recognises the INF and tries to install, but will fail. If I try to install through device manager it will say 'Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device' and underneath says 'the hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering'. Hmm. Maybe that will help the geniuses here

Yup cannot get this to install on Windows 8 consumer preview either. although this is the driver Nvidia recommend, it does not seem to like either the modded INF's, or the Sony Card. Ive never had a problem before, just now on the CP of Windows 8. No driver will install. Using the setup, it recognises the INF and tries to install, but will fail. If I try to install through device manager it will say 'Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device' and underneath says 'the hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering'. Hmm. Maybe that will help the geniuses here

It's more likely due to the Win 8 driver signature enforcement. Disable it and see if the driver installs. I don't know if the Win 8 preview even has those options when you press F8 at start up.

Edited by coolguy16

It's more likely due to the Win 8 driver signature enforcement. Disable it and see if the driver installs. I don't know if the Win 8 preview even has those options when you press F8 at start up.

Thanks for tip - after struggling for quite some time how to achieve this in Win 8, it all worked!!!! I used this guide http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/the-complete-guide-to-windows-8-startup-menu/#disqus_thread to access the "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" mode, and then was finally able to install the driver. Thanks again!

please can younput the method I can not install driver on vaio vgn AR.thanks

Damnit... get the required files missing error again when attempting to install...

thought this got fixed last release...

EDIT: installed directly from nVidia without issue... dunno whats up...

Edited by Hammerfest

So far so good. This driver is working well in Windows 8 Consumer Preview with modded inf since feb 29 :)

Edited by Beyond

I can not install this on win 8 cp.has someone the solution for this?thanks urgent.

Windows 8 CP boot options can't be accessed with F8 neither shift + F8 like some people say (at least doesn't work for me). You need to use new boot menu and in order to have that available you need more than 1 OS installed or if you just have 1 OS installed you must use this trick:

1 - run admin cmd

2 - type "bcdedit /enum /v"

3 - from the infos that appeared find the "identifier" of "Windows Boot Loader" (NOT MANAGER!!!)

4 - type "bcdedit /copy {insert identifier here} /d Win8" (note: you must also use those {} in the identifier)

5 - it will say bla bla successful and now you need to restart pc

6 - when it asks you to choose an OS click "change defaults or choose other options"

7 - click "choose other options"

8 - click "troubleshoot"

9 - click "advanced options"

10 - click "windows startup settings"

11 - click "restart"

12 - good old boot menu will appear and you need to choose "disable driver signature enforcement"

13 - now you will be able to install any drivers you want normally until you turn off or restart your pc

note: (if you want) after you are done you can run "msconfig" and go to "boot" tab and delete the new boot entry you created

thanks a lot,it worked you save my day

:dogpile:

Edited by kottt

Kott, I made that mooded INF, please don't plagiarize stuff. Just changing the name to your name, doesn't mean you had worked on modding the INF. Why don'y use my originally posted modded INF instead?