LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NEW DRIVERS EXPECTED SOON, RECENT ONES CRITIQUED

Infinity7

When asked in the NVidia forums if we can expect a new driver this week, NVidia responded: "We will provide a driver for the GTX 690 launch (Thursday, May 3, 2012) but not a unified driver. That will come soon though."

I'm willing to bet someone will be trying to use a modified inf file with the GTX 690 drivers. :-)

When someone said he got his new GTX 680 today and was wondering if to install 301.24 drivers or 301.32 dev drivers NVidia responded by saying: "301.24 is a separate branch from 301.32. I don't have exact fixes check ins but 301.24 will likely have more fixes targeted for consumers than the one from 301.32".

Edited by Infinity7

Thats great!

It justifies my decision to stick with 301.25. :)

Theoretically it contains more fixes for me.

Thats great!

It justifies my decision to stick with 301.25. :)

Theoretically it contains more fixes for me.

Same with me. I've tried the 301.32 drivers a few times but cannot get the colors to come out right. They will still appear faded in CoD Modern Warfare 3. No other NVidia driver does this. So I still prefer 301.25 at the moment.

Guru3D.com has got theirs into the test lab, too.