LaptopVideo2Go Forums

WINDOWS 8 RELEASE PREVIEW ACCEPTS INSTALLING WINDOWS 7 DRIVER 301.42

Infinity7

Windows 8 Release Preview which came out today accepts installing NVidia Windows 7 driver 301.42 downloaded from NVidia without the need to boot up with Driver Signature Enforcement disabled and without the need for a modified inf file. Probably can do that with other driver versions as well. A look inside DXDIAG reveals that Windows 8 recognizes the driver as being WHQL but it is still seen as being WDDM 1.1. You can grab the new Windows 8 Release Preview over here: http://windows.micro...dows-8/download

KEY - TK8TP-9JN6P-7X7WW-RFFTV-B7QPF

Grabbing it now, need to make some room for it

301.42 or 301.59 windows 7 32 bit version work with outdated Go 6xxx and Go 7xxx

anyone tried ?

296.17 install with no fuss and are WDDM 1.2 as well.

To install modded 302.71 and modded IDT drivers I had to disable signature :impatient:

To install modded 302.71 and modded IDT drivers I had to disable signature :impatient:

Does the driver still work after a reboot ?

After reboot I get a PCI bridge problem and the Display Adapter disappears

I still have to install the modded 301.42 driver for my Vaio. This driver is better than the WDDM 1.2 Microsoft 296.65 driver. The scrolling in IE was jerky with the 296.65 driver. GPU-Z doesn't show the clock speeds with MS driver.

Installing 302.71 using "disable driver signing" works like a charm after rebooting. Did it in CP and now in RP.